Tokyo 2012: FlopPova bundled out by her biggest Pigeon. - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:20 AM   #76
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tokyo 2012: Maria gets Fast and Furious in Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
It could be worse. You could have Ivanovic as your back-up. I dread the day that she may have to step up and be my one and only.

Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through this. I could have just picked Serena and be content with title after title, but for whatever reason, I chose Ana and now I'm stuck with her.
I know what you mean.
But yeah agree with Griffin we don't really choose, with Maria it started in 2005 when I saw her match against Clijsters in USO semifinals, I was just choked how intense and fearless Maria was in this match, especially in the second set when she saved those match points it's too bad she lost the match but she won a fan that day
Then I went to sleep after the match it was really late in here, in France and I dreamt about Maria's match against Clijsters, those screams just didn't want to get out of my head it was so weird and she was so loud in my head I really became a die hard fan that day.
Advertisement

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #77
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I would never ever consider waking up at 4 AM in the morning to watch tennis ever again after Maria's gone . And I can't like any other player besides her so yeah after Maria's retirement lots of things are gonna change when it comes to my relationship with tennis.
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #78
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

When Masha retires I will probs really cut down on my tennis watching. I only really watch events she is in anyway. I will never stop playing though.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #79
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

When she retires, my new faves will be Ana (but she'll probably retire around the same time), Vera (she'll probably already be retired but whatever) and Caro.

So pretty much just Caro. I will consider changing my name to PusherPatrol then.
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #80
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of Maria's retirement I can't imagine what an emotional moment that will be for me.
I mean, you should have seen me watching Roddick's last match and I'm not even a fan.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #81
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I concentrate too much on one player. I only ever really have a huge fave then maybe maybe one or two others that I dont mind haha.
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #82
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

You'll have enough time to change your opinion because Maria will not retire soon
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #83
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yep thats what happened Mary was winding down as Masha was coming up so I had a little transiton haha
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #84
country flag Craig.
My girl

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and I like Petra too, but I'll be pressed AF if she ends up achieving more than Maria.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #85
country flag Marga.

Marga. has disabled reputation

I was sort of lurking in here hoping to get some news on her upcoming tournament in Japan cause I'm sort of new here, still getting the hang of things haha, and while browsing I was like "awwww" she really has some amazing wonderful following I kind of get you guys because I feel the same, can't imagine her retiring, I'd be devastated haha but I have a feeling she'll be around for many much more years so we can calm down Seen one of her interviews on CNN, no retiring anytime soon. Btw, I was wondering if there's going to be any live streaming or something of her upcoming matches? or perhaps you guys know some Youtube link/account who'd upload vids? I live in Asia, Manila to be exact and even if Japan's a neighbor country I doubt that some cable or sports channel will televise Toray Open in here.
Marga. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #86
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

You can watch tennis matches here, live: http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
Bookmark it!

Also, Aussiesharapova, Jamieowen3, PDWTennisVidz make video highlights of Masha. They are put on Maria's Videos thread as soon as they are available!

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #87
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

OMG what is this? It's not even off season yet and we're talking about the R word...

To be honest I'd also be less emotionally invested in tennis once Maria decides to hang up her racquet. I used to think that she's on par with Federer in my fandom, but no, I only wake up at ungodly hours to watch her (lost against Woz in USO 2010) and get fucking moody for the whole next day! No one will ever come close again
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #88
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Maria has some of the best fans and she knows it, we're all in it together.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #89
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Maria has some of the best fans and she knows it, we're all in it together.
Hope she gets the memo and win this title! It'll be really wrong if she finishes her best year to date with only 3 (red clay!!) titles.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #90
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

when Hingis was retired in 2002, i stop watching tennis until the bombshell result in wimbledon 2004.

a 17 years old girl winning wimbledon. then i started paying attention to her, and became fan since 2006 until now.

when Hingis cameback at 2007, i was kinda confused who i'll rooting for in her match against Sharapova. but then i realize Sharapova is my number one idol. Hingis came close at second.

and if Sharapova retired, i dont know what to do. she's such an inspiration for me. her fighting spirit, professionalism, determination, fashion sense, work hard.

this topic is kinda depressing anyway

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote