Tokyo 2012: FlopPova bundled out by her biggest Pigeon. - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #481
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tokyo 2012: FlopPova bundled out by her biggest Pigeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
It was totally expected. And thanks God the agony ended! Though I dislike the fact that it came at the hands of Stosur (well at least she lost to a top 10er; better than losing to Watson or Safarova again).
She has been awful since the beginning (just like in Wimbledon) - was a bit of lucky to get past Watson. And she even had a simmilar pattern of behaviour like in Wimbledon - she looked fed up to me, like she didn't want to play, like she was forcing herself to play (a bit behaving like Vika and Djokovic when they start with their angry tantrums, which I don't like TBH) - she seemed to play angry, seemed moody... Something is bugging her. And IMO she shouldn't play Beijing. If she is tried (which I do not doubt she is, this is her best season since forever and has played so many matches and won so many matches and also has had a lot of matches that were difficult mentally and physically), she should just rest, rehab and go with a fresher mind to Istanbul (and I hope she'll react well to the city, since it surely brings some memories back).
What i do not understand (and I mentioned that on twitter, too) - is why all these exhibitions?? She has one in Czech Republic, then in Italy, then Brazil and today emerged a news that she and Carolina would play on 28th of December in Korea (??) - I hope the latter is false. She doesn't need extra money, nor does need to expose herself to changing so many timezones and all sorts of other factors, tire herself down with interviews and all kind of promo activities, when she could relax, take a vacation, rest and do the much needed shoulder rehab and train well in order to be mentally fresh and physically ready for a demanding 2013 in which she has a lot of points to defend, right from the start of the year.
Sorry for the rant.
I also agree about the exhibitions. I realize you do what you can to promote the game, but Maria needs to be looking out for her best interests first and foremost. The offseason is short enough as it is. Now you add the exhibiitions and Brisbane starting so early, and you wonder how Maria will find the time to rest and recharge and seriously work on aspects of her game that really need work. Not to mention, you know she'll have commitments to the companies she represents, doing PR and commercials. She's being stretched thin and I worry the 2013 Maria on the court will be no better than the 2012 version. She can't afford to be stagnant at this point in her career. She isn't getting any younger. I really hope she and Thomas on the practice court will be a priority in November and December.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #482
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: Tokyo 2012: Maria gets Fast and Furious in Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I know, I thought there were only a few baseball players although I know that's how she picked the surgeon. I agree with all you said and that's the point I'm trying to make. She simply cannot neglect her rehab. IMO if she had have done rehab pre-OG she could have capitalised further on the improvements she made before the clay season. I honestly think she should be scheduling one or two more week long rehab blocks into her calendar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Ikr, that's my big worry. Always in my mind is what's happened to Tommy Haas, who first had shoulder surgery about 8 years ago and has been constantly re-injuring it ever since and constantly getting knocked back to square one whenever he gets some momentum going.
To return a bit to this topic. It really depends also how big the injury is. Haas had a surgery in 2002 to repair the torn tendon and in 2003 again to remove the scar tissue that has previously made there... And in one of his more recent interviews he said he had a 95% tear... If so, then for him to return to tennis. But you know, lately with injuries and their severity - I believe only when I hear it from doctors.
A lot of players have (had) shoulder issues - few of them were operated. Torn rotator cuff is usually treated conservativelly first, and if that doesn't go ok (like in Haas', Rafter's and Maria's case) they operate it.
More about it can be read here; it is really well explained http://www.drdavidgeier.com/maria-sh...-rotator-cuff/
- the article has only one flaw - we have no idea if Maria had a full- thickness tear... We know that she had 2 tears (I assume that the two weren't on the same tendon, which makes it 2 tendons torn and that clinically according to some authors classifies it immediately as a "massive tear"), the tears were medium sized, which means 1-3 cm. But we never learnt which 2 tendons; a lot depends also on that.

As for the rehab.. Probably it shouldn't prevent her from training 100% anymore. Now she is doing rehab on daily basis actually - with correct amount of stretching and massage and resting and doing exercises in proper way, in order to keep the balance of the muscles, tendons and bones...

BTW - Juan wasn't in Tokyo, right? I guess it is his time of the year to have a bit of a rest, he deserves that.

And BTW I blame the thread title for her mood; she was indeed furious all Tokyo.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:54 AM   #483
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tokyo 2012: Maria gets Fast and Furious in Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
And BTW I blame the thread title for her mood; she was indeed furious all Tokyo.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #484
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Have any of you fuckers seen the movie "Dirty Girl" ? just seen it Juno Fucking Temple rules!!!
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:52 AM   #485
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

...off topic thread?

Anyways, I haven't seen that Miami match. I thought it was NID so I went clubbing

I was so drunk I thought she won it too
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #486
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Miami didn't happen why bring that loss up in every thread

Maria should enter Moscow or Linz or something if she wants to win a title before the year ends. I don't think she'll win YEC. I just hope she makes it past RR.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #487
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I'm so over this tournament, new one please And will somebody explain to me why is Angie Hagatha's favorite pigeon? I mean 6:1 6:1, seriously gurl

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #488

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
I'm so over this tournament, new one please And will somebody explain to me why is Angie Hagatha's favorite pigeon? I mean 6:1 6:1, seriously gurl
Kerber always struggles against players who don't generate enough pace for her to work with. Errani,Radwanska are terrible match ups for her.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #489
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
Kerber always struggles against players who don't generate enough pace for her to work with. Errani,Radwanska are terrible match ups for her.
I know, but 2 breadsticks?

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
I know, but 2 breadsticks?
Apparently Aga played GOAT in this match hitting many many winners compared to only 4 UE . But you're kinda right cause Kerber hit 28 winners and still got two games .
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #491
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

Aga didn't miss.,

Kerber got annoyed and missed a lot. SO she was trying to be agfresuve, and just lost it.

She didn't even run for some balls. disappoting from her,

Aga just put everything back into the court and ketber crumbled.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #492
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow this tournament has become such a flop.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #493
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

If Aga wins it again

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #494

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareerSlamPova View Post
If Aga wins it again
She will win it. Petrova will choke as usual .
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #495
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Should Aga win the tournament...would that affect maria in any way in terms of ranking??
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote