Tokyo 2012: FlopPova bundled out by her biggest Pigeon. - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #421
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tokyo 2012: Maria gets Fast and Furious in Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Serena just withdrew from Beijing, she will just slay them in YEC.
Why am I not surprised?
Maria could consider withdrawing too from that fake PM...
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #422
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

What the crap is this.

I don't even like any of the people left in the draw. Go Nadia, I guess.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #423
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
That's what I fear most I'm sure she's more rested than Vika and Maria (read my last post) and I fear to see how she'll sweep Beijing
I know, I read it after I posted, and I completely agree. What's happening to Maria and Vika is what happened to Novak in 2011. Rafa never had a good season end (I mean, a player of his caliber not winning the YEC even once?) because with his style, I think he spends more energy than the other players. It is virtually impossible to keep the amazing level up until that finish line. I mean, I'm greedy as a tennis fan and I always want to see more of the game, but today I woke up, tuned in to Eurosport, saw two points between Aga and Caro and switched it off. I mean, these final tournaments don't have any purpose, except for scrubs winning "big" titles (Hagatha last year for instance ) So, I would vote for quality over quantity here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Serena just withdrew from Beijing, she will just slay them in YEC. Why would she bother to do that in a crappy tournament when she can do this at the YEC.
As far as Rena goes, I didn't even know that she was scheduled to play Beijing, but I knew that she wasn't gonna go there for some scrub tournament (well, at least in her eyes ). She is just gonna rip them apart in YEC I have to add something though. I mean, she (according to the rankings) played 15 tournaments which is the lowest number in the top 100 I think. Although, if we count out the Fed Cup and the tournaments where she gave a walkover, we come to the number of 9 or 10 (supposing I know how to count ). I gotta say, I seriously doubt that she would dominate the field like this if she weren't only playing big tournaments. And as I write this, I realize that I counted that Maria played only 12 But anyway, my point is: Serena is a part-timer who then comes to Slams and big tournaments and wipes the floor with the competition. Either don't play or have the decency to tank the minor tournaments

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #424

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Why am I not surprised?
Maria could consider withdrawing too from that fake PM...
I still cannot believe that Beijing is a PM event I mean on what grounds? And iirc, Cincy and Rome (far better and more important tourneys IMO, and not just because The Queen recently won them ) aren't

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #425
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I know I could sound silly because I talk about my "home" tournament, but I honestly believe if we have to call a 5th and 6th slam, that would be Miami and Rome... I don't see any other tournament, slams aside, that could be better. But really, in my eyes Tokyo and Beijing are ALMOST () at the level of Linz or Moscow which will come just before YEC..
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #426

Quote:
I know I could sound silly because I talk about my "home" tournament, but I honestly believe if we have to call a 5th and 6th slam, that would be Miami and Rome... I don't see any other tournament, slams aside, that could be better. But really, in my eyes Tokyo and Beijing are ALMOST () at the level of Linz or Moscow which will come just before YEC..
You don't sound silly, Rome is one of the best tournaments after Slams for sure. And I also love that it's a joined event. Linz and Moscow, what are those? Btw, Maria is not playing Moscow this year, is she? Because I don't know where I read that she might (or I might have just made it up in my head ).

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #427
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

I'm honestly glad she lost, its for her own good. Now its time to start training seriously...again
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #428
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Not really surprised by this loss tbh. Sam better win the tournament now

I hope she gets some rest and plays better in Beijing.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #429
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
I'm honestly glad she lost, its for her own good. Now its time to start training seriously...again
I am missing something here. After the us open, what did she do for three weeks?
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #430
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Well before you all start bashing me, the Stosur-Maria match-up is becoming a challenge, despite Maria being in bad form.

Stosur has won 2 of their last 3 matches and the one that she lost, she had a MP to close it out in two.

So from now on, Maria will really need to raise her level vs Sam otherwise, the h2h is going to start turning around

I want her to withdraw from Beijing and play the YEC
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #431
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I just realized something. Now Hagatha will most likely win another big tournament and defend her points from last year
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #432
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Maria

Losing to Stosur is horrible. Maria used to always beat her, now has huge problems with her

Shit tennis in Tokyo. Grand Slams and Olympics are over. No motivation left for 2012

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #433
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: Tokyo 2012: FlopPova bundled out by her biggest Pigeon.

Love the new title!!!LOL
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #434
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tokyo 2012: FlopPova bundled out by her biggest Pigeon.

It's frustrating that she continues to botch the head to head, but if she was going to lose to someone I'm glad it was Stosur and not Petrova or fucking Radwanska. Plus she needs a couple of days to get out onto the practice courts and prepare for Beijing.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #435
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely better tournament than last year, at least got out w/o injury.
She'll win Tokyo next year, 2005-2009-2013.

She was so seriously "unclutch" this week, like a 16yo playing her first WTA tournament. Every time she got herself in good position she just gifted away the lead.
Something definitely bothering her, either tired physically and mentally or something else. She should have a pregnancy test, you never know. Its not good to see her struggling like this, but maybe helps her and her team planning for next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyre View Post
Before shit hits the fan I want to say this simple thing:

People seem to talk about how dissappointed they are with Maria's performance and that she looks tired etc etc.

Well yeah she looks tired... so is almost every top player out there...

You see it is not just Maria that seems to be running on fumes... Kvitova seemed like dead meat out there, Li Na is out of sync, Azarenka walks over etc etc.

So yeah I think people should see the bigger picture here. Maria is tired, and that schedule needs to be amended by the WTA and ATP because they are hurting the sport really, or at least the final stages of the season.

Most of the top 10 players are already running on fumes for quite some time now.
Just because some looks beaten, doesnt mean they all have the same problem. Azarenka was already dead after Miami in this season while Kvitova and Li was doing nothing on court before clay season.

Useless to blame WTA, calendar never was much easier. And many players dont play more and not forced to play more than players in past.
Also its not WTA's fault there is Olympic that screws up whole season inevery 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
As far as Rena goes, I didn't even know that she was scheduled to play Beijing, but I knew that she wasn't gonna go there for some scrub tournament (well, at least in her eyes ). She is just gonna rip them apart in YEC I have to add something though. I mean, she (according to the rankings) played 15 tournaments which is the lowest number in the top 100 I think. Although, if we count out the Fed Cup and the tournaments where she gave a walkover, we come to the number of 9 or 10 (supposing I know how to count ). I gotta say, I seriously doubt that she would dominate the field like this if she weren't only playing big tournaments. And as I write this, I realize that I counted that Maria played only 12 But anyway, my point is: Serena is a part-timer who then comes to Slams and big tournaments and wipes the floor with the competition. Either don't play or have the decency to tank the minor tournaments
prior to Tokyo, Serena played 12 tournaments this year + 2 FED Cup tie.
Maria 11 tournaments + 1 FED Cup tie.
With Tokyo and Beijing, Maria will equal Serena's "effort" this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I am missing something here. After the us open, what did she do for three weeks?
only 2 weeks, not that much of time actually.