Tokyo 2012: FlopPova bundled out by her biggest Pigeon. - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #391
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tokyo 2012: Maria gets Fast and Furious in Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
BinBagPova

I actually like her outfit in action and I love the purple on her shoes.
I swear everything gets turned to something with pova at the end of it here

I like her outfit also, actually love the colour on her.

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #392
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly Vika should just skip Beijing. This season has been a phenomenal improvement for her physically. I wasn't even sure she would last till the USO given her history. I can't think of a more profound improvement over an offseason tbh. It would be a shame to end the season with a string of withdrawals/injury. Win or lose here she should just rest up for the YEC. I feel the same about Maria. This season has taken it's toll on the shoulder. She's the only player to recover from this injury and one of very few athletes from all sports. Still, these tears traditionally reoccur and she CANNOT afford to get sloppy with her rehab. I'm sure she knows this but we all know how stubborn she is - as shown by her 6-months-too-early comeback.

I'm sorry for the mini-rant, I just become a hot mess towards the end of the season. I just want an injury-free end so bad.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #393
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Poor Vika. Hope she is ok. Maybe it is the weather? How is the weather and atmosphere pressure in Tokyo?

And, yes, everything in turned into Pova here, just for fun.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #394
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Honestly Vika should just skip Beijing. This season has been a phenomenal improvement for her physically. I wasn't even sure she would last till the USO given her history. I can't think of a more profound improvement over an offseason tbh. It would be a shame to end the season with a string of withdrawals/injury. Win or lose here she should just rest up for the YEC. I feel the same about Maria. This season has taken it's toll on the shoulder. She's the only player to recover from this injury and one of very few athletes from all sports. Still, these tears traditionally reoccur and she CANNOT afford to get sloppy with her rehab. I'm sure she knows this but we all know how stubborn she is - as shown by her 6-months-too-early comeback.

I'm sorry for the mini-rant, I just become a hot mess towards the end of the season. I just want an injury-free end so bad.
Do not jinx her now... Let's hope she'll stay OK throughout the rest of the season AND those exos.
The bolded part - cannot be sure about 'all sports' - I have spent quite some time searching about this injury and found out there wer quite a few baseball players who came back... The problem with it is - it tends to occurr to older people more often(in 30s, 40s, 60s) who are involved in sports for recreation and semi-professioanlly and a lot of articles can be found. But very few for pro tennis players. Of the newer generations I know only of Rafter having it operated and Maria...
Yes, these types of injuries can reoccur, but the arthroscopic operation and good rehabilitation seem to give good results - around 80% of people return to their previous level. And the outcome of course in the end depends on: type of tissue, and more importantly size of the tear in the rotator cuff.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #395
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
Do not jinx her now... Let's hope she'll stay OK throughout the rest of the season AND those exos.
The bolded part - cannot be sure about 'all sports' - I have spent quite some time searching about this injury and found out there wer quite a few baseball players who came back... The problem with it is - it tends to occurr to older people more often(in 30s, 40s, 60s) who are involved in sports for recreation and semi-professioanlly and a lot of articles can be found. But very few for pro tennis players. Of the newer generations I know only of Rafter having it operated and Maria...
Yes, these types of injuries can reoccur, but the arthroscopic operation and good rehabilitation seem to give good results - around 80% of people return to their previous level. And the outcome of course in the end depends on: type of tissue, and more importantly size of the tear in the rotator cuff.
I know, I thought there were only a few baseball players although I know that's how she picked the surgeon. I agree with all you said and that's the point I'm trying to make. She simply cannot neglect her rehab. IMO if she had have done rehab pre-OG she could have capitalised further on the improvements she made before the clay season. I honestly think she should be scheduling one or two more week long rehab blocks into her calendar.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #396
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post

Ikr, that's my big worry. Always in my mind is what's happened to Tommy Haas, who first had shoulder surgery about 8 years ago and has been constantly re-injuring it ever since and constantly getting knocked back to square one whenever he gets some momentum going.

I think the issue with having rehab throughout the year is I'm not really sure how effective it is in just one- or two-week bursts.... I imagine to really get benefit from it you probably need to be doing it for about 4 weeks at once (I'm convinced that the real reason she skipped Brisbane and didn't do much training in the offseason last year was because she was rehabbing her shoulder, rather than the ankle injury). But I do agree with you that, however she does this week, she really should skip Beijing - there's no point fatiguing her shoulder and doing crap at both Beijing and the YEC, when if she conserves her energy she could do well at the YEC.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #397
country flag jameshazza

I honestly don't know how much it effects the schedule either, I think I asked here if anyone knew how it affected practice. For instance does she have to go a little easier in training for a couple of weeks after. I've never heard word of her spending more than two weeks rehab in Phoenix though.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #398
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm kind of just basing this on Sam Smith mentioning in passing in commentary that Maria spent "several" weeks in Phoenix last year I don't know what her source for that is though.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #399
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachepova View Post
I mean, I don't want to be either, but I can't help it. I just speak from experience. Whenever Maria's played like shit throughout a tournament and met a top player, she's either had to fight through a hot mess 3-setter or she's gotten beaten in pretty routine fashion. I'm hoping for the former of course.
I know, I know, you're more realistic than me.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #400
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Maria will be up in a few minutes. I hope she'll be able to step up her game and that she has enough energy in the tank. She has pretty good chances to make it to the final if she plays well.
Come on, Masha!
Abuttons is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #401
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Pretty listless performance in Tokyo,hopefully she turns up to Beijiing and plays loads better
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #402
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Pffffffff. Stupid tournament. :/
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #403
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Awful performances this week from Masha. Hopefully she does better in Beijing that if she doesn't withdraw.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #404
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Maria fought but too many stupid mistakes in the end. Really thought she would take that tiebreak despite being down all those match points.
Plus I think she really would have a shot of winning this tournament after Vika's withdrawal. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
Play better in Beijing
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #405
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

This loss is for the best.
She needs a few days to regroup and rest.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote