Greg Garber(ESPN): "Petra Kvitova - the biggest disappointment" - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #76
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greg Garber(ESPN): "Petra Kvitova - the biggest disappointment"

She had decent results but was a bit lucky in her slam runs.The big disappointment was her level of play and fitness.In many areas she regressed in comparison to last year.
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 05:22 AM   #77
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Nope!

Still say Petra can fulfill her potential that way, indeed. No backing off.

For the record, have you read the comments in this and the other thread by posters? Obviously it wasn't just me that felt/feels that way about her.

I will classify this year as transitional, adjustment year. No biggie. Let's see if she rebounds, gets better?

And speaking about the future, weren't you and Da Caro Brigade telling us ad nauseum that she would be a top 10 fixture and Petra would be a bust that would be lucky to be ranked in the top 20 by the end of this year?

That's why I brought her up to Marine Bluebeard.

At least I can still hang on to my player. You done ran out and left the Danish Barn to to Belarus for Vika Matt.
Pressedcelsior at his best :lol
I said that Kvitova was overhyped and overrrated and was not going to become no.1 after winning Wimbledon title or dominate this season. Which of those claims was proved wrong?
She's still managed to stay in top 10,true, but with her flops being more frequent she's likely to continue sliding down the rankings.

Last edited by marineblue : Sep 13th, 2012 at 05:27 AM.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #78
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
I just noticed the quote on your sig.

Did Marine BlueBeard really say that to you or about Justine/Woz?

If so, it shows the idolatry, idiocy, and all out worship of Caro and her 2 cent number one status her devotees go to church with and hang on to at the House Of Woz.

My god!
You don't knwo what my quote was relating to, justineheninfan is too much of a moron to put it in context. I was not talking about Justine's career results
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #79
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
You don't knwo what my quote was relating to, justineheninfan is too much of a moron to put it in context. I was not talking about Justine's career results
Your exact words were "you hate Woz because she reached the heights which your favorite player never has and never will, live with it, troll." Well if you are actually too stupid to realize who my favorite player is given my username then that is your problem. Who did you think my favorite player was, Sara Errani. My current favorite player with Henin retired is Serena Williams, so in the case you meant current favorite, I will replace Henin with Serena in my sig if that will make you happy, that would be even more delirious. Dont hate me since I happened to put your foolery out for all to see.

BTW as this is my first post to you since just pre Wimbledon I would like to congratulate you on your usual expert analysis calling Clijsters the 2nd favorite for Wimbledon behind only Serena. Once again you sure know your tennis.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #80
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Looking back at videos from last year she was capable of at least playing some defence and her court coverage wasn't dreadful, but that's no longer the case. I understand that she has had abdominal problems all year which would have restricted the running/cardio all year. But there will be no excuses this offseason - if she doesn't get herself back in shape by January, it will be a massive disappointment.

That said, if this simply turns out to be a sophomore slump then this is far from a bad year. She's still top five and has a chance to repeat her indoor heroics from last year.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #81
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
Your exact words were "you hate Woz because she reached the heights which your favorite player never has and never will, live with it, troll." Well if you are actually too stupid to realize who my favorite player is given my username then that is your problem. Who did you think my favorite player was, Sara Errani. My current favorite player with Henin retired is Serena Williams, so in the case you meant current favorite, I will replace Henin with Serena in my sig if that will make you happy, that would be even more delirious. Dont hate me since I happened to put your foolery out for all to see.

BTW as this is my first post to you since just pre Wimbledon I would like to congratulate you on your usual expert analysis calling Clijsters the 2nd favorite for Wimbledon behind only Serena. Once again you sure know your tennis.
Moron,this has nothing to do with who was your favourite player. As I said you failed to post a context of a post that you got a bad rep for and I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with Justine's career achievement tennis-wise because I did follow her career,too. You can put all my quotes in your sig if you like,thanks for the publicity
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #82
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Greg Garber? the same guy who said Serena cant be relied upon to win big after RG? Such a drama queen.

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #83
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pressedcelsior at his best :lol
I said that Kvitova was overhyped and overrrated and was not going to become no.1 after winning Wimbledon title or dominate this season. Which of those claims was proved wrong?
She's still managed to stay in top 10,true, but with her flops being more frequent she's likely to continue sliding down the rankings.
No you didn't.

And no one cared about Kvitova being #1. Everybody already knew she was POY and only trailed Wozniaki by 15pts for #1. Only you and your hilarious and fanatical Caro Brigade cared about #1.

What you DID say was, Kvitova was a fluke and too inconsistent to be in the top 10 and that Caro would be, and Kvitova would fade away in 2012 (along with saying Caro had the better year 2011 and would have the better career).

What a hypocrite.

And you got the nerve to mention Flops and sliding down the rankings? Da Nerve!?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #84
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post
She had decent results but was a bit lucky in her slam runs.The big disappointment was her level of play and fitness.In many areas she regressed in comparison to last year.
That´s about as good as you can sum up her year in two sentences. Wait three.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #85
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Moron,this has nothing to do with who was your favourite player. As I said you failed to post a context of a post that you got a bad rep for and I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with Justine's career achievement tennis-wise because I did follow her career,too. You can put all my quotes in your sig if you like,thanks for the publicity
That is the best you can do for a rebuttal. You are as big a loser as your faves career has turned out to be. Now go back under your cave and leave the real tennis talk for adults. As for Petra it is telling that she is ranked way higher than Wozniacki and people are asking what is wrong with her. Wozniacki being at #11 (what most people considered her even while ranked #1 anyway, lol) and it is like ho hum, just as expected, nobody cares.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #86
country flag machinist

machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all

It will be interesting to see where Kvitova is going from here. I hop she'll get out of this slump soon.
machinist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #87
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

She was supposed to dominate this year, but she flopped, and she is the biggest disapointment this year for me, by far.

What is the most shocking is that she is MUCH MORE talented than the current world number 1, as proved when they faced last year on the tour. But the current number 1 is better prepared physically, that explains her higher ranking compared to Petra.

100% of people know that if Kvitova is playing her best, the current number 1 doesn´t stand a chance, since Petra game is to finish points quickly with the winner, opposed to the grinding game style.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #88
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
She was supposed to dominate this year, but she flopped, and she is the biggest disapointment this year for me, by far.

What is the most shocking is that she is MUCH MORE talented than the current world number 1, as proved when they faced last year on the tour. But the current number 1 is better prepared physically, that explains her higher ranking compared to Petra.

100% of people know that if Kvitova is playing her best, the current number 1 doesn´t stand a chance, since Petra game is to finish points quickly with the winner, opposed to the grinding game style.
Do you always refer to Azarenka as "the current number 1"?

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #89
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

True in a way, but her sophomore slump is the same thing that happened to other players that went on to become great.

She is still growing into things and has a lot of upside to tap into. Although, I wish she had just been able to get her hands on Azarenka so she could bury her.

It's overreacting to write her off.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:17 AM   #90
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Petra was the most epic fail of 2012. I would put Sabine Lisicki poor season second because we all knew Caro's days were numbered.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote