Music Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:20 PM   #91
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Music Thread

Justin Bieber was giving concert in Copenhagen Saturday evening. That was CrAzY. One tabloid (sworn Bieber hater and hetzer) started the The SUN style reporting Friday and it's still running Monday. They must have passed 30 articles by now.

When they couldn't trace down, what hotel the young Canadian was staying at, they labelled him a 'snob' for trying to avoid his fans. .. We all know, had they found him and fans had invaded the hotel, they would have labelled him a 'public nuisance' and accused him of ruining the stay for other hotel guests.

No surprise, the tabloids critic only gave Bieber 1 out of 6 stars (mildly surprising it wasn't 0), but suppose the 45,000 screaming girls felt different. What do I know.

Takes me back. I was in Parken in 1988 for The Boss' first ever concert in Denmark. Now that was EPIC!

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #92
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline's tennis career ... From

via

to

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #93
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

The place where Caroline has been sending some of her more troubled fans with her puzzling career choices
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i_QkAwCgws

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #94
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a hardcore fan of country and western music but I really enjoy this performance. Also, considering the current state of Caroline's game the sombre tone of this seems entirely appropriate.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #95
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Swiss Death Metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJHn542lPok

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #96
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I am not a hardcore fan of country and western music but I really enjoy this performance. Also, considering the current state of Caroline's game the sombre tone of this seems entirely appropriate.
I'm certainly not a fan of this type of music either, but I have to say it's a nice song. Even though I would do without the male voice or replace him with another singer.

By the way, I'd like to thank you for introducing me to Alison Krauss. Her voice is beautiful. I'm quite sure I've heard her name before, but that was it. Now I'll remember her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Metal? I don't know. At best I would call it mellow metal. It has a nice riff, but the song lack of power and grunting (not that I'm a fan of grunting anyway). However, I must admit that I don't know much about Swiss metal.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #97
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

As for me, I am particularly adept of the best Symphonic Metal bands. A style of music almost unknown in my country but much more popular in South America and some parts of Europe.

Within Temptation:

Nightwish:

Kamelot (featuring the incredible Simone Simons from Epica)
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #98
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
By the way, I'd like to thank you for introducing me to Alison Krauss. Her voice is beautiful. I'm quite sure I've heard her name before, but that was it. Now I'll remember her.
She recorded an album with Robert Plant (Raising Sand) that was very well received critically (I'm not sure if it actually sold well).

It is a bit skimpy and, by now, a bit out of date, but Now That I've Found You: A Collection is probably the best single disc introduction to her music.

Symphonic metal, eh? In my youth I was a bit of a metal head but I do not believe I have ever dipped my toe in that particular genre. Are there any albums in particular that you would recommend?

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #99
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
Metal? I don't know. At best I would call it mellow metal. It has a nice riff, but the song lack of power and grunting (not that I'm a fan of grunting anyway). However, I must admit that I don't know much about Swiss metal.
You played along very well(btw,you're right about Krauss,too).There's a lovely poster named Ana(poster name 'Danci Dementieva')whom you might meet in your forays here at TF.There's a bad habit where Mexicans from the north,like myself,refer to anyone below Durango state as 'from the south' or 'chilangos',and lots of folks don't appreciate that.Honestly,though,I don't do it very much unless it's with someone who's good at taking a joke.

If you meet Ana here at TF,then you can tell her I said that 'chilanga chicas' from Hidalgo are VERY sexy.As I recall,she likes Nightwish a lot,as do some other regulars in the Dementieva forum

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #100
country flag Achernar

Quote:
She recorded an album with Robert Plant (Raising Sand) that was very well received critically (I'm not sure if it actually sold well).

It is a bit skimpy and, by now, a bit out of date, but Now That I've Found You: A Collection is probably the best single disc introduction to her music.

Symphonic metal, eh? In my youth I was a bit of a metal head but I do not believe I have ever dipped my toe in that particular genre. Are there any albums in particular that you would recommend?
Thanks for the tip about Alison Krauss. I'll keep it in mind. I might find some extracts on iTunes.

As for Symphonic Metal, I would recommend Mother Earth (not the live album, since the singer moves a lot in their shows and it affect her voice, so she can't reach the highest notes live). The Silent Force and The Heart Of Everything are also incredibly good. Their oldest albums are more metal and experimental (Enter, Mother Earth), however they tend to go a bit more in the pop-rock style of music recently, even if the quality is still very high.

As for Nighwish, it's far more powerful than Within Temptation. The latter lies somewhere between rock and metal, while Nighwish is pure metal. They changed their singer in 2005 and I personally prefer their first era, with Tarja Turunen. Their best albums? Wishmaster, Century Child and Once.

Quote:
You played along very well

Quote:
As I recall,she likes Nightwish a lot,as do some other regulars in the Dementieva forum
That's good to know. I feel a little less lonely now
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #101
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The album with Robert Plant sold pretty well, yes. Good album too (I have it). I like Alison Krauss a lot, but I like this type of Americana/country-ish/bluegrass type of music in general. It's a bit in the style of that whole post-hippie Californian soft-rock, country-rock, singer/songwriter scene from the 70's that I like a lot. Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Joni Mitchell, CSN (also great at tennis btw), Neil Young, Linda Ronstadt - I love that stuff. And todays Americana scene reminds me more of that than of the more yie-haw horseshit on my cowboy boots redneck side of country.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #102
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
The album with Robert Plant sold pretty well, yes. Good album too (I have it). I like Alison Krauss a lot, but I like this type of Americana/country-ish/bluegrass type of music in general. It's a bit in the style of that whole post-hippie Californian soft-rock, country-rock, singer/songwriter scene from the 70's that I like a lot. Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Joni Mitchell, CSN (also great at tennis btw), Neil Young, Linda Ronstadt - I love that stuff. And todays Americana scene reminds me more of that than of the more yie-haw horseshit on my cowboy boots redneck side of country.
Yup, I love Neil's mellow, gentle acoustic songs too. Like this one:

Billy Corgan is someone that reminds me a bit of Neil Young. Musically they are fairly different but they are both adept at loud/noisy rock songs while at the same time being able to write very gentle and beautiful acoustic material. Variety is neat.

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #103
country flag DownInAHole

Any Rolling Stones fans? If so I very much recommend the Brussels Affair live release. It's not "new" (it was released in October, 2011) but I only recently found out about it. It is a live album from the 1973 tour featuring Mick Taylor. For me it is certainly as good or better than their only other live album from this era (Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!) and it is fantastic to hear more material featuring Taylor. I love Ronnie Wood but he can't play like Taylor can. The downside is that it is only available as an insanely expensive vinyl box set or as a download but it is well worth a listen.

Old May 9th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #104
country flag TennisFan66

I wonder for how many years more, Avril can play the rebel teen girl

She is 27 after all and married twice already

She is hot as hell though.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #105
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any Rolling Stones fans? If so I very much recommend the Brussels Affair live release. It's not "new" (it was released in October, 2011) but I only recently found out about it. It is a live album from the 1973 tour featuring Mick Taylor. For me it is certainly as good or better than their only other live album from this era (Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!) and it is fantastic to hear more material featuring Taylor. I love Ronnie Wood but he can't play like Taylor can. The downside is that it is only available as an insanely expensive vinyl box set or as a download but it is well worth a listen.
Interesting release for sure. But I think I have the 'stones live' section of my record collection covered. Cd's, dvd's - it almost seems like the Stones release a new live album or video every couple of months. I would rather see them working on a new studio album than selling us yet another live album with Jumpin' Jack Flash and Satisfaction.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote