Renewed serious discussion: Where does Serena go from here? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #46
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Renewed serious discussion: Where does Serena go from here?

Where does Serena go from here? Her next tournament, wherever that may be. Next topic, please.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #47
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Yeah, sure

Seriously, Serena's biggest problem may be that she isn't tested often enough. It's not easy for anyone, even her, to play her best tennis in a final against a battle-hardened opponent, when all her opponents leading up to the final pretty much folded like cheap tents.
But if that is true tournaments after tournaments, maybe it is time to stop characterizing the opponent as folding like cheap tents.

Give credit to the opponents, they are trying their best, it just isn't enough.

One thing we may agree on is Serena's tendency of late to be become tight during matches, but we will disagree on the root cause.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #48
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I think her form will ebb and flow a bit, so she will probably lose some matches from time to time, and not necessarily only matches she doesn't care about.
Unless Serena actually IS from another planet (I do not entirely discount this) she is in the last quarter of her career as a great player. Where in the last quarter, I don't know, but she's on the 'spirit is willing but the flesh is weak' side of thirty. There WILL be 'ebb and flow'. Go check out Court and King and Evert and Navratilova and Graf. The injuries heal slower. Recovery is little slower. The times when you hit the 'awesome' button and nothing happens become more frequent.

It's called age.

It would be nice to have a true 'passing of the torch' match, in about 2016.

Serena wins OZ and Wimbledon, after no slam wins in 2015. Then Azarenka wins the Olympics, which Serena misses with injury, and then an EPIC three setter in the US Open, Azarenka winning, after which Serena calls it a career.

Last edited by Volcana : Sep 26th, 2012 at 05:01 AM.
Volcana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #49
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Unless Serena actually IS from another planet (I do not entirely discount this) she is in the last quarter of her career as a great player. WHere in the last quarter, I don't know, but she's on the 'spirit is willing but the flesh is weak' side of thirty. There WILL be 'ebb and flow'. GO check out Court and King and Evert and Navratilova and Graf. The injuries heal slower. Recovery is little slower. The times when you hit the 'awesome' button and nothing happens become more frequent.

It's called age.

It would be nice to have a true 'passing of the torch' match, in about 2016.

Serena wins OZ and Wimbledon, after no slam wins in 2015. Then Azarenka wins the Olympics, which Serena misses with injury, and then an EPIC three setter in the US Open, Azarenka winning, after which Serena calls it a career.
I think we've all wondered about this from time to time

Great post, completely agree!
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #50
country flag acetoace

acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Damned right, she did. Funny word play last slam, huh?! I think it's looking more that way for Masha than Serena, you punk.

Can u say a case of poetic justice? Between Serena Y Vika battling for slams next year and Serena out next year to correct the FO mistake of 2012, pova will be lucky to win a slam going forward.

We would be here to remind them...... Karma is a bitch and pova very well most likely will not be winning any slam soon and she is getting older. 2012 FO was a "luck" for her; we know it and her fans know it deep inside them. Next year will prove something for sure.
acetoace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #51
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetoace View Post
[/b]

Can u say a case of poetic justice? Between Serena Y Vika battling for slams next year and Serena out next year to correct the FO mistake of 2012, pova will be lucky to win a slam going forward.

We would be here to remind them...... Karma is a bitch and pova very well most likely will not be winning any slam soon and she is getting older. 2012 FO was a "luck" for her; we know it and her fans know it deep inside them. Next year will prove something for sure.
Poor things. But it's cool..the moment got to them I guess. They've been much much quieter since the 0 and 1 drubbing at the Olympics though.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote