BOMBSHELL! 2012: 4 different slam winners in ATP and only 3 in WTA - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #31
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BOMBSHELL! 2012: 4 different slam winners in ATP and only 3 in WTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
The defensive Maria fans. She was an opportunist. She hadn't won a slam in 4 years and she did so with her weak draw. The top players fell and she took the opportunity to complete the Career Slam. If you people can't admit that then you all are crazy. Otherwise there should be no attack on my comment.

And at the Maria beat big players during clay season. Beating them during the clay season and at Roland Garros are two COMPLETELY different obstacles.
You're trying SO hard, it's almost moving me.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #32
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

So beautiful

2012 Champions!

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #33
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

^very nice! Murray's poker face
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #34
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
In fairness to Maria the girl has beaten Serena and Henin in slam finals. For a 4 slam winner that is mighty impressive. She deserved an easier finalist for once.
Ivanovic, no matter how tough she plays, still is a hell of a lot easier than Serena or Henin (no matter how off their game they may have been in either final).
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #35
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how big of an opportunist Maria is.
1) Sharapova was the best clay court player this year.

2) Her draw was no easier than Serena's USO one.
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #36
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

at Uranium. Go back to your hole troll . Maria dominated the clay season, it's not her fault GOATrena got beaten by Razzano GIFSoup
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #37
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

^Nice pics Julian
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #38
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
Yeah, it legitimize the Big Four talk.
Although I will never understand how you can put Murray and Federer in the same group.

It will soon be wide open for the men as Federer is getting old, Nadal is in serious trouble and Djokovic/Murray can't keep up such defensive style for too many years.

I fully expect Serena, Vika, Maria and Petra (if she can get it right) to dominate the next few years.
And let's not forget Aga.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:58 AM   #39
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The defensive Maria fans. She was an opportunist. She hadn't won a slam in 4 years and she did so with her weak draw. The top players fell and she took the opportunity to complete the Career Slam. If you people can't admit that then you all are crazy. Otherwise there should be no attack on my comment.

And at the Maria beat big players during clay season. Beating them during the clay season and at Roland Garros are two COMPLETELY different obstacles.
So you still can't get over that Vesnina match, could you?

Or the fact that Serena has cemented her place as the greatest grass-court player of her generation, again snatching what remains of Venus' only wig.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #40
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity View Post
Ivanovic, no matter how tough she plays, still is a hell of a lot easier than Serena or Henin (no matter how off their game they may have been in either final).
I didnt mention Ivanovic since she is something in the middle, not an stellar win like Serena or Henin, and not a mug like Errani. If you are a 4 slam winner beating Serena and Henin in 2 of your slam finals is mighty impressive, as a 4 slam winner isnt typically a dominant player (and as we well know Maria never even briefly was a dominant player) so those are huge wins for someone with only 4 slams to win 2 of your 4 slam finals with. On average Ana isnt a super tough opponent, but isnt that easy an opponent either. I mean Ana is as good as a number of Serena Williams final opponents over her career.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #41
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, TOP 4 ranked ATP players have won a GS singles title each this year

TOP 4 WTA have also won at least a GS title this year except Aga
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #42
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
I didnt mention Ivanovic since she is something in the middle, not an stellar win like Serena or Henin, and not a mug like Errani. If you are a 4 slam winner beating Serena and Henin in 2 of your slam finals is mighty impressive, as a 4 slam winner isnt typically a dominant player (and as we well know Maria never even briefly was a dominant player) so those are huge wins for someone with only 4 slams to win 2 of your 4 slam finals with. On average Ana isnt a super tough opponent, but isnt that easy an opponent either. I mean Ana is as good as a number of Serena Williams final opponents over her career.
You can only play who's in the final - Ivanovic and Jankovic routined the Williams sisters in that tournament,really took out the trash
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #43
country flag Michalka

Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

well the old saying goes "you can only beat whoever is in front of you". the top players fell in RG, and maria didn't, period. it's nothing wrong to have a weak draw or whatsoever, stringing 7 wins in a row is always impressive especially in a slam. just saying that no one deserves to rag on both maria's RG draw and serenka's USO draw or any slam winner's draw, becuase they managed to do what other top players couldn't do during their respective slams : win 7 matches in a row, regardless of whoever the opponents are.

Last edited by Michalka : Sep 12th, 2012 at 07:00 AM.
Michalka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #44
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
at Uranium. Go back to your hole troll . Maria dominated the clay season, it's not her fault GOATrena got beaten by Razzano GIFSoup
Thank God for the clay-season, because apart from that...it's been nothing, zilchh...nada!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #45
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Thank God for the clay-season, because apart from that...it's been nothing, zilchh...nada!
Stay pressed and stop lurking around SS , oh and always remember Razzano
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote