Tennis shoes - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #16
country flag tiantian

tiantian is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tennis shoes

Hi guys and gals, couldn't make a new thread for some reason so i have to post here

I know nothing about tennis and trying to buy a pair of tennis shoes for my friend who just got into tennis a couple of month ago. Here are the requirements.
Size = 5
Budget = $50-100
Color = pink/red or something flashy.
She plays 1-2 times a week now and about 2-3 hours each time. She has a pair of tennis shoes but always complain that they are ugly (hence the birthday present idea). I found a pair that suits my needs but this pair seems to have some bad reviews. What do you guys think? Would the durability really become an issue since she’s not that much a hardcore player?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike...KE-NWBCAP.html

Thanks for your help!
tiantian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #17
country flag Skinz
Veni, vidi, vici.

Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
I have a guy friend who plays tennis too and he thinks Men's Barricades (and the Barricade team -which is the cheaper version of Barricade) are the best tennis shoes.
Agreed, i have had my pair for years (They are the male version of what Dinara wore ) and they are comfortable, and durable
Skinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #18
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racket Stringer View Post
I just purchased a pair off Asics Mens GEL Solution Speed Tennis Shoes - Neon Green and love them!
I have this one too!

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~A-Radwanska~Konjuh~Mattek-Sands

Capriati-Li-Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #19
country flag TheJoh

TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of

Nike Court M6
[62]Singles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', 50k Burnie 14', 50k Limoges 13'
[65]Doubles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', WTA 's-Hertogenbosch 14', 50k Osprey 14', WTA Auckland 14', 25k Westende-Middelkerke 13', 25k Koksijde 13'(all with Cheda 16.17)
TheJoh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #20
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vefci Y View Post
I have this one too!
what do you guys think of it?

I played with the New Balance 851's and the folks a Tennis Warehouse mentioned they play similary, ergo, the asics were my next choice since NB stopped making the 851.
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 07:36 PM   #21
country flag Zoran :)

Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice

Definitely Adidas Barricade-new version
Zoran :) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #22
country flag uchickenvn

uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all

Is tennis shoe overrated? I play with my running shoes all the time and don't have any problem with them.
uchickenvn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 04:49 AM   #23
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchickenvn View Post
Is tennis shoe overrated? I play with my running shoes all the time and don't have any problem with them.
No it's not over rated.

Tennis shoes are made for movement in all directions and running shoes are made for forward movement.

I feel faster in the tennis shoes for sure.

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Bouchard. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Cornet. Hampton. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.
MMJSL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 02:49 PM   #24
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

I just got a pair of Men's Lacoste Repel 2 http://www.midwestsports.com/lacoste...w#.Uu-sEnnO8YU

They seems to have great traction on indoor courts and are very comfy. I can't wait to try them out on the outdoor courts come Spring/Summer
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #25
country flag Sole

Sole is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the size conversion from women's to men's tennis shoes. I want to buy my shoes online, but I find that the selections and designs for women are really limited, so I want to buy men's shoes. The problem is that I'm not sure if the conversion is -1.5 or -2 from the women's sizing. I've searched online and a lot of people are mentioning either 1.5 or 2. I've tried going to my local store to see if I could fit in US/CA size 6 for men (I'm 7.5 in US/CA for women), but they don't offer anything lower than a size 7. I wanted to ask around to make sure before I attempt to order online because the return process can be difficult and inconvenient.
Sole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote