Most embarrassing big final for the WTA 2012? - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Worst big final 2012?

Aus Final: V. Azerenka def. M. Sharapova 6-3 6-0 54 14.10%
IW Final: V. Azerenka def. M. Sharapova 6-2 6-3 1 0.26%
Miami Final: A. Radwanska def. M. Sharapova 7-5 6-4 30 7.83%
Doha Final: V. Azerenka def. S. Stosur 6-1 6-2 14 3.66%
Olympic Final: S. Williams def. M. Sharapova 6-0 6-1 284 74.15%
Voters: 383. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 5th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #256
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Most embarrassing big final for the WTA 2012?

Why dont you stick in beijing and yec now too since that seems to have been the rationale of this poll

Its azarenka too...
Amaze-arenka, Kvitty-GOAT and Halep
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, Koukalova, The Other Czechs, Halep, Keys, Townsend, Paszek
Li, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova, Makarova, The Other Russians, Kerber, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #257
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Bad repped fro saying Sofia was a poor final, and the bad repped comment accused me of trying to take it away from Marias embaressing comments, I mean how pressed is that I am not even a maria stan
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #258
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Olympics by far.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #259
country flag CatTs

CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of

The first match that came to my mind when I saw the thread was Rome. For some reason it refuses to leave my memory.
But it was less embarrassing than the Olympic final.

IMHO
always, naturally
CatTs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #260
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
Underhanded tactics? Surely you can't be that hypocritical considering the crap Maria pulled in the FO in the match against Kvitova. A ball was CLEARLY in, as shown on shot spot, and Maria circled a spot as if the ball was out and the umpire gave her the point unfairly. Otherwise, it would be back to deuce and that was a pivotal point in the match. Basically, she circled a spot that wasn't even there and cheated Petra willfully out of the point. Not the first time this happened, as she pulled this crap on Shahar Peer, not to mention when she laughed at her coach's vile cracks on Serena that they showed on video because Maria was getting beat. Still, the FO she pulled was most annoying.
This never happened. You should really go back and review the highlights before posting.

1. It wasn't "clear" otherwise the chair umpire would have just made the call without leaving the chair.
2. Maria circled a mark but clearly shrugged her shoulders and said "I don't know" to the chair, and she didn't argue when...
3. The point was given to Petra.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #261
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Miami final... Because I can't see how a defensive player could dominate over Sharapova in the final. If it was quarterfinals it would be ok, but in the final?!
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #262
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Olympics. But there wasn't a damned thing Maria could do out there.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #263
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
This never happened. You should really go back and review the highlights before posting.

1. It wasn't "clear" otherwise the chair umpire would have just made the call without leaving the chair.
2. Maria circled a mark but clearly shrugged her shoulders and said "I don't know" to the chair, and she didn't argue when...
3. The point was given to Petra.
No it wasn't.

You might not think she "cheated" but Pova clearly took advantage of Engzell's incompetence. I've never seen an umpire ask a player where the mark is/listen to them anyway.

Also, I never answered this question. The Olympics, duh.

Last edited by Jane Lane : Nov 6th, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #264
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to say the Olympic final but, looking back, it was more glorious than embarrassing.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #265
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

The Olympic final, but Maria had nothing to do with it. Same thing would have happened if it had been someone else on the other side of the net from Serena that day.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #266
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
No it wasn't.

You might not think she "cheated" but Pova clearly took advantage of Engzell's incompetence. I've never seen an umpire ask a player where the mark is/listen to them anyway.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with Maria.

Plus Maria said she wasn't sure. And didn't the ump pick a different mark to the one Maria pointed to?

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Last edited by Stonerpova : Nov 6th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #267
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
No it wasn't.

Sue them.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:17 AM   #268
country flag VultureHater

VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice

Sofia. Scrubzniacki can't even vulture MM events against the likes of Grandma Petrova anymore
VultureHater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #269
country flag ash678

ash678 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererIRL View Post
Any final Sharapova participate in...just off the top of my head 6-3 6-0, 6-1 6-3, 6-2 6-3, 6-0 6-1 are just some of the finals she lost. Worst multi slam winner in open era
ash678 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #270
country flag May Hemme

May Hemme is an unknown quantity at this point

Any final with such lopsided scores is bad for Women's tennis. No one enjoys watching someone get smashed, it's boring. Everyone expects to see a real "battle" with high quality play between 2 top players. When that doesn't happen, it gives fuel to the detractors of the sport. Even hardcore fans probably groan when they see a Williams/Sharapova final.
May Hemme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote