Most embarrassing big final for the WTA 2012? - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Worst big final 2012?

Aus Final: V. Azerenka def. M. Sharapova 6-3 6-0 54 14.10%
IW Final: V. Azerenka def. M. Sharapova 6-2 6-3 1 0.26%
Miami Final: A. Radwanska def. M. Sharapova 7-5 6-4 30 7.83%
Doha Final: V. Azerenka def. S. Stosur 6-1 6-2 14 3.66%
Olympic Final: S. Williams def. M. Sharapova 6-0 6-1 284 74.15%
Voters: 383. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #211
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Most embarrassing big final for the WTA 2012?

Dslanders still trying to play-down Pova's complete and utter ass-thumping in the Olympic final

She was completely man-handled, out-played, out-gunned, and looked distinctly inferior. So yes, a final in which a player of Pova's magnitude looking so helpless and innocuous IS embarrassing.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #212
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
Dslanders still trying to play-down Pova's complete and utter ass-thumping in the Olympic final

She was completely man-handled, out-played, out-gunned, and looked distinctly inferior. So yes, a final in which a player of Pova's magnitude looking so helpless and innocuous IS embarrassing.
Exactly, he's so amusing.

I've spoken to people who don't normally watch tennis but saw that final and said that Serena humiliated her. The fact Sharapova had 40-0 leads is worse because Serena was breaking at will, even if Sharapova only needed a point to win the game. She only avoided the double bagel because Serena takes full swings on the return and happened to miss too many in that one game.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #213
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ouch. ouch. ouch. i felt that I was stepping on hot coals as i was reading this.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #214
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I wondered how long it would be before Willytards started willfully misrepresenting what I said as per usual

Find me where I said Serena DIDN'T dominate that match or that it was embarrassing for Maria. It clearly was (although admittedly that was more because of Maria's terrible play than anything Serena did, as shown by the fact Serena hit barely more than 10 winners off the ground). All I said was it was EQUALLY as one-sided as the first set of the 2011 US Open final, as shown by the fact that the 1st set of the Olympics lasted longer than the 1st set of the USO final, and that the 2nd set of said USO final would've probably been similarly one-sided had Serena accepted a beatdown with grace like Maria did instead of reaching for under-handed tactics. So the idea that Maria is the only top player to have received a beatdown is untrue.

How about next time you read the context of my post rather than picking out one part of my post in isolation so you get an excuse for your lame insults (I mean dslanders really? even "Dblunders" is better).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #215
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I wondered how long it would be before Willytards started willfully misrepresenting what I said as per usual

Find me where I said Serena DIDN'T dominate that match or that it was embarrassing for Maria. It clearly was (although admittedly that was more because of Maria's terrible play than anything Serena did, as shown by the fact Serena hit barely more than 10 winners off the ground). All I said was it was EQUALLY as one-sided as the first set of the 2011 US Open final, as shown by the fact that the 1st set of the Olympics lasted longer than the 1st set of the USO final, and that the 2nd set of said USO final would've probably been similarly one-sided had Serena accepted a beatdown with grace like Maria did instead of reaching for under-handed tactics. So the idea that Maria is the only top player to have received a beatdown is untrue. Disagree?

Underhanded tactics? Surely you can't be that hypocritical considering the crap Maria pulled in the FO in the match against Kvitova. A ball was CLEARLY in, as shown on shot spot, and Maria circled a spot as if the ball was out and the umpire gave her the point unfairly. Otherwise, it would be back to deuce and that was a pivotal point in the match. Basically, she circled a spot that wasn't even there and cheated Petra willfully out of the point. Not the first time this happened, as she pulled this crap on Shahar Peer, not to mention when she laughed at her coach's vile cracks on Serena that they showed on video because Maria was getting beat. Still, the FO she pulled was most annoying.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #216
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Exactly. I mean, Justine went down in retirement instead of facing a beatdown like that at the AO.
This is probably why Justine retired to the Tour without all the majors while Maria won them all. Maria is a fighter and she will always believe in her chances no matter how hard you kick her butt.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #217
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
This is probably why Justine retired to the Tour without all the majors while Maria won them all. Maria is a fighter and she will always believe in her chances no matter how hard you kick her butt.
Shirley Fry Irvin.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #218
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
Shirley Fry Irvin.
Please, you can't question that. Maria's mental fortitude is no match to Henin.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #219
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Please, you can't question that. Maria's mental fortitude is no match to Henin.
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #220
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post
What's here to laugh. The tea of truth has been spilled by Doomsday
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #221
Macomere

Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
What's here to laugh. The tea of truth has been spilled by Doomsday
y'all need to stop.
Macomere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #222
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Shirley Fry Irvin.
what's wrong with Shirley Fry Irvin? At least you know her name , whereas you've never heard a number of Slam winners in the 50s -60 , like 3times GS winner Mortimer or Haydon-Jones

but concerning Shirley Fry

1) it was non Open era
2) AO was MM that time
3) AO, USO, and Wimbledon were held on grass

Career Slam has become really a remarkable achievement in 1988, when all 4 Slams were held on 4 different surfaces.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #223
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
what's wrong with Shirley Fry Irvin? At least you know her name , whereas you've never heard a number of Slam winners in the 50s -60 , like 3times GS winner Mortimer or Haydon-Jones

but concerning Shirley Fry

1) it was non Open era
2) AO was MM that time
3) AO, USO, and Wimbledon were held on grass

Career Slam has become really a remarkable achievement in 1988, when all 4 Slams were held on 4 different surfaces.
Before I brought her up, none of the Mash fans knew her name. If a career GS was that big a deal, people would know about her without me having to bring her up.

Says who?
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #224
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know why Justine quit. Maybe Debris can fill us in. I have my opinion but that's already well known. I don't like Justine but to say she's not a fighter is complete bullshit. Just because Martha has a career slam doesn't make her a better player than Justine. Justine's resume shits on Martha's. The career slam is an amazing achievement but in no way does it make one blind enough to the fact that Martha has 4 slams to Justine's 7.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #225
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Before I brought her up, none of the Mash fans knew her name. If a career GS was that big a deal, people would know about her without me having to bring her up.

Says who?
I had known about Shirley Fry long before you brought her anywhere. And she is in top 100 Tennischannel , despite they didn;t include a numbed of players who played that time
Moreover I've already given 3 reasons why SFI is not on the same level as Maria Sharapova. She is on the level of Agassi in 1999 after FO

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Sep 14th, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote