Most embarrassing big final for the WTA 2012? - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Worst big final 2012?

Aus Final: V. Azerenka def. M. Sharapova 6-3 6-0 54 14.10%
IW Final: V. Azerenka def. M. Sharapova 6-2 6-3 1 0.26%
Miami Final: A. Radwanska def. M. Sharapova 7-5 6-4 30 7.83%
Doha Final: V. Azerenka def. S. Stosur 6-1 6-2 14 3.66%
Olympic Final: S. Williams def. M. Sharapova 6-0 6-1 284 74.15%
Voters: 383. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #196
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Most embarrassing big final for the WTA 2012?

The French Open one. Tennis died on that day.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #197
country flag Toxic

Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfan View Post
Atleast masha didnt lose in round 1 and 4
Wimbledon?
Toxic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #198
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Timmykinz View Post
A fluke would imply she did it once (like winning each slam once) but Aga's done it twice now!
Therefore, Wimbledon final was a fluke. Miami title was a fluke. Beijing and Tokyo titles in 2011 was a fluke. (only done each once) #logic

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #199
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Sgt. Timmykinz.....keeping it real since 2010!

I will never foret you SGT. TIMMYKINZ! You are one of a kind. When you come back pretend that you're a fan of "it" and the mods will look the other way.
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #200
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

Miami final.

and I'll yell and I'll scream at the top of my lungs
and I'll try to show you this is who I've become
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #201
country flag koyak
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future

Why all Maria's fan say: Miami, true hurts?
koyak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #202
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
Struggling to win points, let alone games in a big final is just embarrassing. Has this ever happened to a top player of the golden generation?
Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2011

Also Miami 2010, AO 2006, Kim's '03 Slam finals, etc.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #203
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

Olympics final
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #204
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Had to go with AO.

It's hard to vote for Olympics for me, seeing as she had zero chance against Serena there anyway. AO was a winnable match and she won the first couple of games even, and then only one afterwards .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #205
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Golden generation ? Who are you talking about?
Anyway it's true that Venus, Clijsters and Serena, Henin never had as many beatdowns but I remember Serena losing badly in two GS finals,

BUT SHOULDER INJURY!!1
Serena was struggling to win points, let along games like Sharapova was in those matches? I think not. Any multiple slam winner (lets forget about the big 4 from the golden generation) struggling to win points in such a big final is just outright embarrassing, shameful and pathetic.

Last edited by Miss Atomic Bomb : Sep 14th, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #206
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serena was struggling to win points, let along games like Sharapova was in those matches? I think not.
Actually, Maria wasn't struggling to win points in the Olympics final It was only on the KEY points that she was failing epically (e.g. she had 40-0 leads in two service games in the first set, only to waste both of them, plus a 0-30 lead in one of Serena's service games and breakpoints in another of Serena's service games).

I believe the first set of the Olympics final lasted (a couple of minutes) longer than the one-sided first set in last year's US Open final (and of course, the only reason the USO final lasted longer than the Olympics final overall is because of Serena's gamesmanship early in the 2nd set).
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #207
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Serena was struggling to win points, let along games like Sharapova was in those matches? I think not. Any multiple slam winner (lets forget about the big 4 from the golden generation) struggling to win points in such a big final is just outright embarrassing, shameful and pathetic.
As embarrassing/shameful/pathetic as a player not only struggling to win points in a big final, but also being so embarrassed that they attempt to cheat / get the crowd to turn on her opponent * instead of taking her beatdown gracefully?

* even though that only ended up working for about 10 minutes
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #208
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Actually, Maria wasn't struggling to win points in the Olympics final It was only on the KEY points that she was failing epically (e.g. she had 40-0 leads in two service games in the first set, only to waste both of them, plus a 0-30 lead in one of Serena's service games and breakpoints in another of Serena's service games).

I believe the first set of the Olympics final lasted (a couple of minutes) longer than the one-sided first set in last year's US Open final (and of course, the only reason the USO final lasted longer than the Olympics final overall is because of Serena's gamesmanship early in the 2nd set).
Exactly, Maria missed plenty of opportunities on her service games, it wasn't as bad as you said it was. She had chances to win more games.
Beside if you wanna go there, just remember that Maria is losing finals to very good players and not novice like Stosur. Really the US OPEN last year was probably the biggest upset in a major final EVER.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #209
country flag Sgt.Timmykinz

Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviasmith View Post
Sgt. Timmykinz.....keeping it real since 2010!
Hells yeah I am!

Only 10 voters believe Maria wasn't the player to give the worst performance in a major final...very telling!
Sgt.Timmykinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #210
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly. I mean, Justine went down in retirement instead of facing a beatdown like that at the AO.