Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #61
country flag GAGAlady

GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future
Re: Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time

First of all we all agree Serena is the most gifted player, physically, ever. We are now debating stats and wins and slams. Her slam count enough is impressive considering she hardly plays ESP if u compare her to graff every and Navratilova yet even without playing nearly as much she had already nearly caught up to them in slams and within 2 years she will , most likely, pass evert and Navratilova both in singles counts anyways;..and it is only a matter of time. Nobody expects Serena's level to drop within the next 3 years. She's playing too well and her motivation is as high as its ever been. The real issue is will she get to 20? I'd expect her to reach close to 20 by the time she's done .

Head Bitch of the JANKOBITCH ASSOCIATION of players.
GAGAlady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #62
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

weak era. imagine federer would have the same competetion as silliams. he would've won the golden slam this year.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #63
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
weak era. imagine federer would have the same competetion as silliams. he would've won the golden slam this year.
Federer's competition in Slams has only been Nadal on clay and Nadal/Nole for the past 3-4 years. He's beaten the likes of a clay court Soderling, Bagdhatis, a weak Hewitt, and Gonzalez in Slams. I don't think we need to discuss weak eras when it comes to Federer.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #64
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
So she struggled because of injury and surgery for four years?
And you act as if Graf or Navratilova or Evert never had any injuries whatsoever.

I'm saying that Kim, Justine, and others who retired or became irrelevant would have been much bigger challengers than Aga Radwanska and Victoria Azarenka.

This is the weakest period of the Open Era by far. I'm not saying that Serena would have won more or less, but I am taking that into account when people try to call Serena GOAT or a GOAT contender despite not even being close in many of the major statistical categories.
Nice, nice..so now players retiring WILLINGLY is gonna hurt one's legacy, but your main rival getting STABBED and missing two+ years, ain't gonna hurt your legacy?!

You're trying too hard, Aces.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #65
country flag cehowardrx7
73,Old,Dirty,&Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
Graf won 3 slams between 1990 and 1993 FO. When Seles was stabbed, Graf won 4 slams in a row. Perhaps a coincidence?
No, not a coincidence, it was the MOTIVE of the person that stabbed Seles. The MOTIVE was to advance Graf! The stabber never hid his motive, and a German court set the stabber free. That is 4 slams right that if we go back in time, IMO, Seles would have won. But, the stabber took Seles out of the equation, and that gave Graf a catwalk..

Give me a break people!!

73,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #66
country flag cehowardrx7
73,Old,Dirty,&Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
LOL at the desperation of a Graf-tard, trying to bring Serena into the Seles stabbing equation with Graf, pathetic beyond words.

The above is classic, or better yet, artwork!!

73,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #67
country flag tak

tak is a glorious beacon of light tak is a glorious beacon of light tak is a glorious beacon of light tak is a glorious beacon of light tak is a glorious beacon of light tak is a glorious beacon of light tak is a glorious beacon of light tak is a glorious beacon of light tak is a glorious beacon of light tak is a glorious beacon of light tak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post

The above is classic, or better yet, artwork!!
Serena missed 10 slams and she still has 15, now how many did Graf miss? I don't think Graf missed even 5. Hypothetically, if Serena played in 10 slams I bet you she would win at least 5 by her record in slam final victories and loses. Serena is not only better than Graf technically but greater all things considered.
tak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #68
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak View Post
Serena missed 10 slams and she still has 15, now how many did Graf miss? I don't think Graf missed even 5. Hypothetically, if Serena played in 10 slams I bet you she would win at least 5 by her record in slam final victories and loses. Serena is not only better than Graf technically but greater all things considered.

since her first gs-title silliams missed 10 slams. 4 of them where the french open. it's quite likely she wouldn't have won a single title out of those 4 according to her clay-record. so we have 6 slams left, where she would have won at least 5 of them.... even if we assume she would've fluked another rg-title, it' still 4 out of 6. possible, but very hard...

steffi missed 7 slams since her maiden gs-title 1987. she had a title-shot at all slams. i guess it's fair to say that she would have won 2-4 out of those 7.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #69
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

What Vika thinks about this won't make much difference one way or another. People who think Serena's the GOAT will continue to think that, and those who don't won't change their opinion based on what someone who wasn't even born when most of the other GOAT contenders were active thinks. It just gives the two sides a renewed excuse to hurl abuse at each other
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #70
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Nice, nice..so now players retiring WILLINGLY is gonna hurt one's legacy, but your main rival getting STABBED and missing two+ years, ain't gonna hurt your legacy?!

You're trying too hard, Aces.
I never got the Justine retiring thing because of two things.

1. Justine came back. She played Serena in a slam final (the only one they played against each other in) and lost.

2. Venus is the main rival to Serena, who was there with her during Serena Slam and played in how many slam finals against each other? Venus and Serena have played in more slam finals against each other than Graf/Seles.

If anything Justine's peak 2003-2007 a period where Serena was injured, fell out of the Top 100 and won a mere 2 slams should be questioned more than Serena.

And what's hilarious is how Graf fans try to compare to Serena. They say Graf's "slump" in early 90s allowed Seles to dominate. Apparently being No. 2 and winning Wimbledon and becoming No. 1 is a slump. No, a slump is when you drop out of the Top 100 like Serena.

It's just hilarious. But it's ok, reasonable people will judge Serena and her career for what it's truly worth when her career is over. And these people are going to be seething with hate when that happens. Can't wait.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #71
country flag A Magicman

A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute

She's the best part-time player of all time, I could agree with that.

The other? Not so much.

I think she doesnt spread the horror Graf and Navratilova spread in their prime. As an indicator for greatness.

and a reminiscence to the past:
HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Hater of Ratwanska & Wozniacki
A Magicman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #72
country flag A Magicman

A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
No, not a coincidence, it was the MOTIVE of the person that stabbed Seles. The MOTIVE was to advance Graf! The stabber never hid his motive, and a German court set the stabber free. That is 4 slams right that if we go back in time, IMO, Seles would have won. But, the stabber took Seles out of the equation, and that gave Graf a catwalk..

Give me a break people!!
What if Seles would've transformed into Jabba the Hutt without the stabbing, too? She was a girl when the stabbing happened, her body was not completely developped back then.

There's too many "what ifs" in this story.

and a reminiscence to the past:
HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Hater of Ratwanska & Wozniacki
A Magicman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #73
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

'course if Azarenka had said "Serena is not even in top three all time" you'd be bashing her.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #74
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGAlady View Post
First of all we all agree Serena is the most gifted player, physically, ever.
What a strange assertion. Who's the "we"? I wanna know so I can chuckle at all of them. I mean "gifted physically"? How so more than any other player?
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #75
country flag pov

Do people get that Azarenka is (unknowingly?) praising herself in this?