Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #136
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time

Funny because when Vika makes a statement (which may well be true) that Renafans agree with,she is suddenly a sage, great intelligent prophet. Similar occurs with Werthog and Bozo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #137
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
Your posts is high on the dipchit list!!

First off, you jump on me and say why do I have to bring Graf into this. Whereas, my dog would have read and see that the GRAF fans always insert Graf when people start talking about the greatness of Serena. They come with Graf's inflated Slam Count, and I come back with the truth, and give evidence of how that slam count was inflated, and will be forever tainted.

You call me stupid because I state the motives of the person that stabbed Monica Seles..

Give me a break..
The title of this thread is about whether Serena is the best ever. It is not whether Graf is or not. Graf is not the Federer of womens tennis anyway, the hands down consensus GOAT, there isnt one in womens tennis in fact, there are a number that are argued. What you think about Graf is more than obvious so you dont need to keep repeating it 100 times. There are atleast 4 or 5 other women well ahead of Serena in achievements besides Graf at this point though, so if you want to argue Serena as GOAT you are going to have to do better than just attempt to eliminate Graf. Your arguments might make a shread of sense in this thread if Graf was the only player in front of Serena in the GOAT debate, but this is far from the case.
SelesGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #138
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesGOAT View Post
There are atleast 4 or 5 other women well ahead of Serena in achievements besides Graf at this point though, so if you want to argue Serena as GOAT you are going to have to do better than just attempt to eliminate Graf. Your arguments might make a shread of sense in this thread if Graf was the only player in front of Serena in the GOAT debate, but this is far from the case.
when u say achievements my mind automatically goes to slam count. I guess u could be talking about a number of things but in that same vein I can think of achievements where she's one of only two players. It's subjective as to which achievement one choses to focus on and which ones u decide have less value.

I would be interested in ur thoughts about this thread:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...505&highlight=
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #139
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
Its the Graf Fans that are abusive,and even violent as displayed by the crazed Graf Fan who stabbed Seles so Graf could advance. In present times, the same crazed fans of Graf, not as crazed as the stabber, now want to say the stabbing of Seles made no difference. Ha ha ha.. Graf fans are out to lunch!!
I was including militant Graf fans among those who take offense at the suggestion that Serena is the GOAT. My point was not exclusively or even primarily directed at Serena fans, but at extreme fans and haters of Serena in equal measure. That point was that Vika's opinion wouldn't change either side's opinion, but would just give both sides a renewed opportunity to throw shit at the other side. Don't think I've been proven wrong.

My only surprise is that the thread has remained open so long. Bringing up the actions of a crazed psychopath as evidence one way or another of the qualities of any player and/or her regular fans is just . I've seen far more civilized threads than this closed in the wink of an eye.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #140
country flag jimskeuh

jimskeuh has disabled reputation

Serena is the best player of this time. period.
jimskeuh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #141
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesGOAT View Post
I am not a fan of either Navratilova or Graf, but I am a form of two of the other possible best ever Court and Evert (and Seles, although I know I am in the minority of thinking she can even be in the argument). What Serena would need to do in order to be the best ever:

-Win atleast 20 slams. Definitely win more slams than Martina and Chris. Right now she hasnt even won enough to bring the "what if the Australian Open" "or what if she wasnt stabbed" into play for Court and Graf, nor is she close to the unasterixed marks of Wills, Chris, or Martina either.

-Spend alot more time at #1. This is a no brainer. As bad as the WTA ranking system is, and as much as I concur she is clearly the best player in the World much of the time she isnt ranked #1, she still needs major imrpovement in this stat.

-Needs another 4 or 5 years of top level tennis. Serena probably already has the greatest longevity of any player in history, but the reason she needs this is not for that category, but to overcame that 5 year hold she barely did anything, she needs to stretch out to a year of about 10 years straight of top 3 slam winning caliber tennis.

-Win a 2nd French. This is another no brainer. The GOAT cant have only 1 title at any of the 4 slams, and she really needs some more semis or finals here if possible too.
I agree with most that you have said, but honestly I believe Graf is the only one who competes with Serena for the GOAT title, but I think that it is unfair to compare their records, because Serena dropped from the rankings so many times because of injuries, medical complications etc.. which obviously affect the longevity of being on top. She did reach #1 everytime she came back after a long absence and fast too. I wonder how long it will take her in 2013 (if not by the end of 2012).

btw.. When I watch Navratilova, Evert and Graf on youtube back when they were in their primes I don't see them having any chances vs Serena (in shape). Their accuracy was amazing, but Serena's power + accuracy is too much. If Lindsay could beat Graf so many times with her power, Serena would have dominated her for sure.
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #142
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

she might go on to become the greatest but she needs another french open in my opinion.....graf's clay resume is stupendous......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #143
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all

Its nice, i wouldnt expect words like that from Vika xD
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #144
spartanfan

spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Clijsters make similar remarks at the US Open this year?
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #145
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanfan View Post
Didn't Clijsters make similar remarks at the US Open this year?
Yes- it's been mentioned a few times already in this thread. So to date we have the following players commenting on Serena being the greatest:
Azarenka
Clijsters
McEnroe
Chris Evert

have any other players gone on record?

Billie J.King says Serena could be but maintains that Graf is the greatest "singles" player of all time and that Navratilova is the greatest tennis player of all time.

Not sure of what the other big names in the sport have said??
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro

Last edited by Sir Stefwhit : Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #146
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

at this.

- Azarenka has no more ability to judge that than anyone else. (Her saying Williams is the best player she's ever faced is different)
- It's so self-serving. As in "the player that regularly kicks my ass is the best player ever" It's not too far a leap to her asserting that she's the 2nd best player ever.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #147
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimskeuh View Post
Serena is the best player of this time. period.
there was no tennis before Lord's time.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #148
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
there was no tennis before Lord's time.

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote