Where does Azarenka go from here? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Where does Azarenka go from here?

Young, got the slam, got the #1 ranking, the basics are out of the way. In other words, she's Ana Ivanovic.

The distance between Azarenka and the only player better than her seems vast.
The distance between Azarenka and the next best player after her seems vast. (At least not on clay.)

What does she do now?

Perfect her style, do what she does even better, and wait for Serena to age out?
Start working on approach shots and getting to net?
Improve her serve?
Work on her clay court game?

When you're a defending slam champ, and the #1 ranked player in the world, the fact that one 30 year old player is better than you isn't cause for panic. But if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse.

What's an Azarenka to do?

Last edited by Volcana : Oct 7th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
Volcana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #2
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Young, got the slam, got the #1 ranking, the basics are out of the way. In other words, she's Ana Ivanovic.

Twitter

Instagram
Tenis Srbija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #3
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I easily see her winning 5+ majors.

The only worry on her mind has to be Serena but she's getting ever so close to beat her these days..one day it will happen.

Sumyk is convinced that she still has lots of room to improve so why would we doubt him? The serve is obviously an aspect where she can gain a bit.

But overall, her future looks bright. She's set up to dominate women's tennis...she plays a full schedule but is smart enough to give her body a rest if needs be. She has all but one players completely covered and she has a great work ethic and doesn't allow her private life to mess with her career at all.

Unless some monster talent teen surfaces, I can see no current player that can come up and really challenge her.. the only player ahead of her is much older.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #4
country flag Mynarco
INAZUMA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

win another slam, or YEC.

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #5
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Calling her Ivanovic
She far succeeded anything Ana ever did as a no1

Ana shat her pants worrying about Pts to defend
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #6
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

tries to avoid sophomore slum next year and solidify herself as true Top4 player
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #7
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Improve her serve, especially on the advantage side. That´s the last glaring weakness. Have more faith to incorporate the slice, dropshot and netattacks into her game. That would be the main things.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #8
country flag Mustafina

Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future

Time for her to win a premier on clay and grass.
Mustafina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #9
Lucemferre

Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not kid ourselves, she won't significantly improve anything. I'd say improve your serve but it's not realistic so I say don't fixt it if it ain't broke. She's fine. All she needs is maintain her current level and maximize her strengths. I don't believe in obsessing over weaknesses too much. Her serve is a weakness against who? Serena, Kvitova (hope she wakes up soon) and the occasional ball basher on a good day so it's not really a weakness. Her return is the best in the game in terms of consistency. She's like a female Djokovic except obviously less physically gifted. She is the most consistent on hard courts and was a game away from winning both majors on hard. She's on the right track.
Lucemferre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #10
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Vika >>> Ivanovic . What is she to do... improve her serve and continue like she does now. She's a great HC player, difference with Serena on this surface is there but it's not so vast. She'll win a truckload of slams there. Not so sure about grass (not a chance against Serena here) and don't think clay will bring her that much.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #11
country flag mb011

mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of

as much as I love Ana, Vika is far better then Ana in terms of post-slam-No1 results. consistent, and can only improve bit by bit, and Serena is bound retire before way before her (if Vika doesn't find a medicine for her before, which is not at all impossible)... so all in all looks like a bright future ahead of her, provided she stays injury-free...
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #12
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The distance between Azarenka and the only player better than her seems vast.
The distance between Azarenka and the next best player after her seems vast. (At least not on clay.)

What does she do now?

Perfect her style, do what she does even better, and wait for Serena to age out?
Start working on approach shots and getting to net?
Improve her serve?

When you're a defending slam champ, and the #1 ranked player in the world, the fact that one 30 year old player is better than you isn't cause for panic. But if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse.

What's an Azarenka to do?
Had she won four more points on her serve the distance wouldn't seem so vast by now. I think the biggest task for her is to finally overcome the 'obstacle' that is Serena because if she manages that she knows she can beat any other player on this planet (at least on particular surfaces). With that in her mind, I can see her achieving a lot in the future. Until then she'll probably win several tournaments where she won't have to face Serena which would be exciting as well of course.
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #13
country flag ExXotikal

ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she can do that much more than she does, contrary to Pova. Next season will be interesting, we'll see how Azarenka handles the pressure. That said, I wish her the best, I really enjoy seeing her play power players.
ExXotikal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #14
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where does Azarenka go from here?
Linz. Then Istanbul.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #15
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a lot of improvement to be made, the serve specially, her right leg gets too tight at times if she could push through it more she wouldn't net so many serves, in her movement she could work on her flexibility maybe.