My questions and answers with Angelique Kerber - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #1
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute
My questions and answers with Angelique Kerber

Hi. I tried uploading this a few minutes ago but had some technical problems with the link so have done it again. I did this with Angelique before the US Open just over two weeks ago. Her representative was very nice and Angelique too. I've written an article about her and incorporated her answers, so I hope you like it and read on....

http://burnstennis.blogspot.co.uk/20...omens_804.html

2012 has proven to be a great year for Angelique Kerber, Angelique is rapidly becoming a household name in the world of tennis, mainly due to her exciting performances and rise up the rankings, Angelique is now an established top 10 player on the WTA tour with a good chance of making the year end WTA championships in Istanbul.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #2
country flag Thirty All

Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all
Re: My questions and answers with Angelique Kerber

Nice
Thirty All is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #3
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #4
country flag Milk_Shakespeare

Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light

great interview.
Milk_Shakespeare is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #5
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

So, are you a tennis writer or is the blog more or less your hobby? If so, you have some pretty good connections
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #6
country flag keithb1961

keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I practiced a lot more and really gave importance to fitness training.
I think this is the main reason for her new found success, others should follow it. Now if she can improve the serve a bit more, grand slams are in her future.....
keithb1961 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #7
country flag laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
So, are you a tennis writer or is the blog more or less your hobby? If so, you have some pretty good connections
Well it is a bit of both. Some of my articles have been published on Eurosport and I call myself a freelancer. It's nice to do this blog and use it as a constructive tool as well.

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #8
country flag laurie

I published this last weekend but probably a lot of you guys missed it because of the excitement of the US Open final. I'm quite excited about this particular article and it has done extremely well this week, so if you missed it then have a read.

http://burnstennis.blogspot.co.uk/20...omens_804.html

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #9
country flag wildemu

wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be blunt. She probably got those questions a million times and answered them in the same way. Idk if it's the interviewers or her, but she comes off as a boring personality, always giving the same answers. The answers she gave you are the same ones i've seen pop up during her meetings at the USO series.

I wish athletes would open up more, they become too robotic. I don't know if it is the media or the player's faults for this.
wildemu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #10
country flag laurie

Well of course it is your opinion but I don't agree with you.

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #11
country flag Big_Banana

Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute

good read.

Quote:
Bananas don't really give a shit about what you think
Big_Banana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #12
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely done. I liked the part about her relationship with the other German girls. There's been some speculation on here that there's some friction between her and Sabine. In video of their doubles match, Sabs is her usual happy, smiling self, but Kerbers demeanor was harder to gauge, so it's nice to read she did enjoy the experience and they all support each other.
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #13
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome interview
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #14
country flag Marty-Dom

Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute

I read through a few articles on your website and liked them for their good and balanced approach to tennis commentary.
One thing that bugged me is your consistent misspelling of the word "cite". I saw at least 3 instances in a couple of articles.
You use the word "site" and "siting" consistently. Spell checker doesn't flag them because they are valid words, but they don't mean what the context implies.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cite
Marty-Dom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #15
country flag laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty-Dom View Post
I read through a few articles on your website and liked them for their good and balanced approach to tennis commentary.
One thing that bugged me is your consistent misspelling of the word "cite". I saw at least 3 instances in a couple of articles.
You use the word "site" and "siting" consistently. Spell checker doesn't flag them because they are valid words, but they don't mean what the context implies.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cite
Thanks for that. Self editing is not fun believe me . Maybe I will think up another term or phrase to use in future. At least I'm not doing too badly if there are just one or two things to work on.