Serve or Return - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #16
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serve or Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Because she goes for broke so often on returns there are going to be days when she returns like a crock of shit (exhibit A: the Azarenka match). But the serve has been increasingly steady throughout the second half of this season. I like what I'm seeing. IMO it's the forehand that still needs work. She had so many opportunities to go down the line in the USO semi and instead she would go back cross court and 9 times out of 10 lost the point. Also she needs to work on not hitting every single short ball RIGHT BACK TO HER OPPONENT. It's maddening
its crazy. Everybody knows nowadays that if she has a shorter ball on BH side, she'll hit a CC BH or sometimes FH inside out. Of course every of her opponent stays in that corner.

and then also we could wrote essays about how scared she is going to the net.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #17
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: Serve or Return

Good point on the return. I thought she could've gone for the safer but equally effective return deep back to the opponent's feet, much like what Vika is really good at. Maria was pretty successful with that during her RG run. Agree that it's totally a mental thing sometimes with her returning.
domon17th is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote