After loss to Williams, Errani says she'd like to see 3-time US Open champ face men - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #91
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future
Re: After loss to Williams, Errani says she'd like to see 3-time US Open champ face m

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #92
country flag MariaKirilenko95

MariaKirilenko95 is a glorious beacon of light MariaKirilenko95 is a glorious beacon of light MariaKirilenko95 is a glorious beacon of light MariaKirilenko95 is a glorious beacon of light MariaKirilenko95 is a glorious beacon of light MariaKirilenko95 is a glorious beacon of light MariaKirilenko95 is a glorious beacon of light MariaKirilenko95 is a glorious beacon of light MariaKirilenko95 is a glorious beacon of light MariaKirilenko95 is a glorious beacon of light MariaKirilenko95 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: After loss to Williams, Errani says she'd like to see 3-time US Open champ face m

Hahahahaha. She wouldn't beat anyone in the top 500. She probably wouldn't even beat a retired Agassi or Sampras.
MariaKirilenko95 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #93
country flag Serena = GOAT

Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all

Everyone who thinks Serena could be competitive against a top 1000 male is bad at watching tennis and should consider pursuing an activity they actually can comprehend.
Serena = GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #94
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena = GOAT View Post
Everyone who thinks Serena could be competitive against a top 1000 male is bad at watching tennis and should consider pursuing an activity they actually can comprehend.
you say this as Serena fan?

some of the top 1000 guys would be bageld by Rena on grass/fast hardcourt

Adrian. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #95
country flag Serena = GOAT

Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post
you say this as Serena fan?
That should say something, no?
Quote:
some of the top 1000 guys would be bageld by Rena on grass/fast hardcourt
Two questions: have you seen Serena play live? Have you watched a male Futures match live?

I'm guessing you can't answer yes to both questions, otherwise you would think different about this.
Serena = GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #96
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsme View Post
I've seen topics like this come up before on this board and I find them incredibly insulting. For the record, I don't think Errani meant to offend Serena and taken at face value her comment is complimentary.
Did you read what she said in context?

Quote:
That being said, I feel like it's ultimately a cop out.
Except that it wasn't a cop out at all. She said that male tennis players bitch about women's tennis (factual observation), that Serena hits harder than any men she practices with (complimentary joke) and that it would be interesting to see Serena play a top-500 ranked man (which it would be. Especially if a spectacle was made). She made no excuses for getting beaten.

Quote:
When someone beats you 1 and 2 and all you can do is sit there and contemplate who would be stiffer competition for her says something about you.
And saying someone said something that they actually didn't says something about your readong comprehension.

Quote:
It's not Serena's fault that she seems to beat players so handily as of late. She's playing with a renewed purpose in the twilight of her career and it is truly a thing of beauty to see. The women simply need to get better to catch up with her, that's the bottom line.
Riiight, it's not Serena's fault that she's the best player on tour. She deserves no praise for being the dominant player when she's on form. Nope, it's everyone else's fault for not being good enough and stepping up.

Quote:
The idea that Serena should play against men is ridiculous and it's just another dig at her.
No, it's not. It's Errani saying something that's been taken out of context such that it looks like a dig at Serena. Not everything is an insult.

Quote:
Was anyone having this conversation when Justine was decimating players left and right or when Azarenka had that impressive run at the start of the year?
For Henin, probably in the same way that people do now about Serena (read: never seriously and with the overwhelming majority saying she'd get creamed). For Azarenka, she was content to say she'd like to play with herself.

Quote:
The minute Serena strings together some wins and utilizes her power game and godly serve all of a sudden she's too much for her contemporaries and would be better suited playing men, why is that?
Because you're taking a quote out of context literally.

Quote:
She has the same tools every other player on the WTA tour has, so why does this conversation come up?
Because Serena's the most powerful, dominant player on tour. The latter mostly because of the former.

Quote:
I don't want to think that there is a deeper rooted issue as to why she is always thrown into this conversation but ultimately there is. All these scenarios taking men's ranking and surface into account and saying she might win a few games are insane. Serena is a woman and plays woman's tennis. That is why there's 2 different tours, there's no grey area.
Yes, and the reason there are two separate tours (other than the political/financial/historical reason) is the fact that physically, men are better suited for sports such as tennis. They are able to move faster, hit the ball harder and with more spin. The people saying Serena would struggle to win points and games are right. For better or for worse there's not a relevant man on the ATP tour that wouldn't dominate Serena.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #97
country flag TheHangover

TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKirilenko95 View Post
Hahahahaha. She wouldn't beat anyone in the top 500. She probably wouldn't even beat a retired Agassi or Sampras.
a retired agassi beat the number 500

Supporter of the lefties Safarova, Kerber and Benesova trying to replace the great Patty Schnyder

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha
TheHangover is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #98
country flag rockbottom

rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all

Trust me on this, #500 is the same as #1400. The only diff between top 20 and top 1000 is mental and confidence. The power and speed is pretty much the same. Do you think guys in the top 20 serve any harder than top 1400? they're just more consistent and mentally tough with their placement. But the power and speed is the same..in fact if anything the younger guys in college that are in the top 1400 are even quicker and faster than the older guys in the top 20.

I know it seems like Serena is GOAT out there but it's only because she's playing "other" women. But she won't fare well at all even with a top rank college player simply because she won't be able to handle the men's serve but importantly it's the quickness and speed of men's play that NO women can overcome at the moment. Maybe in the next century when the game continues to evolve, just maybe.
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #99
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Cant even defeat Azarenka...
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #100
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on what Serena comes in, she can top 100. If she comes out in the zone like Olympics i can see her being competitive with some guys around 150-300 even top 100, though with her it's hard to expect it TBH.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #101
country flag rockbottom

rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all

^ ^ ^ You have no clue about tennis. There's guys in the ATP top 50 like Olivier Rochus, Nishikori who don't have big serves and don't hit the ball hard nearly as some in the top 800 who have serves like Roddick and Isner ok do you understand??? GAME OVER!!! there's no chance for her to return 135+ miles serves.
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #102
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
She should face Tomic.
bahahahahahahahahahaha