After loss to Williams, Errani says she'd like to see 3-time US Open champ face men - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #31
country flag Israel

Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future
Re: After loss to Williams, Errani says she'd like to see 3-time US Open champ face m

That's the greatest compliment any WTA player would like to get I think.
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #32
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: After loss to Williams, Errani says she'd like to see 3-time US Open champ face m

It was pretty clear that if read within context, what Errani said was inarguably a compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
...and she also won a couple of face-off at the net going at each other.

This was during the Hopman Cup, USA (Marty Fish/Serena Williams) vs . Serbia(Novak Djokovic/Jelena Yankovic)
The USA won it.

Serena showed no fear at the net even if the ball comes straight at her from Novak

Commentators are French, they love Serena duals against Novak
Thank you for posting this.
That was supremely entertaining, and shines a whole new light on how close the women are to the men.
Serena is fearless & fierce!!
She had Djokovic shaking his head in disbelief.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:29 AM   #33
country flag spiritedenergy

spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
...and she also won a couple of face-off at the net going at each other.

This was during the Hopman Cup, USA (Marty Fish/Serena Williams) vs . Serbia(Novak Djokovic/Jelena Yankovic)
The USA won it.

Serena showed no fear at the net even if the ball comes straight at her from Novak

Commentators are French, they love Serena duals against Novak
Serena and Djokovic doing all the play
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #34
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief...it was a compliment folks!!

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #35
country flag Sam L
blue swan

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Serena can be top ten on ATP, easily.

In the mood for love of Clio & Urania
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #36
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
She should face Tomic.
It would be like facing a taller variant of Radwanska with the appearance of a malnourished elf.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #37
country flag donniedarkofan

donniedarkofan has a brilliant future donniedarkofan has a brilliant future donniedarkofan has a brilliant future donniedarkofan has a brilliant future donniedarkofan has a brilliant future donniedarkofan has a brilliant future donniedarkofan has a brilliant future donniedarkofan has a brilliant future donniedarkofan has a brilliant future donniedarkofan has a brilliant future donniedarkofan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
She was complimenting Serena. People need to stop being so sensitive. It's clear she was saying she wanted Serena to show the guys up to prove that the top women are just as good as some of the rank and file ATP players.
But she's not as good as some of the ATP players. After all those years of discussions, some people still believe she would be able to beat an ATP player.
donniedarkofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #38
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

she just want so see serena being destroyed as a revenge

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #39

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedarkofan View Post
But she's not as good as some of the ATP players. After all those years of discussions, some people still believe she would be able to beat an ATP player.
only an idiot would think so

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #40
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedarkofan View Post
Serena would crush Simon.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Serena would crush Simon.
no words

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #42
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Errani is a sore loser her comment is a backhanded one just like Cibulkova is a sore loser and Jankovic. All three of these ladies use the man comment to criticize women who are just superior tennis players to them. Errani needs to get on the practice court and learn how to serve. Serving 80 to 90 miles per hour is NOT going to get it done against the top women. Serena just destroyed Errani it was a complete joke how weak Sara game is.
Wrong .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Peel View Post
GREAT compliment from Errani. She sounds like one of those girl's girls. She's basically saying the men are always running their mouth how bad women's tennis is and Serena would kick some of their asses. I'm a new fan. Got to love those Italian women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
She was complimenting Serena. People need to stop being so sensitive. It's clear she was saying she wanted Serena to show the guys up to prove that the top women are just as good as some of the rank and file ATP players.
Right .
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #43
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't understand how anyone could interpret this as an insult
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #44
country flag kris719

kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute

People actually think that because Serena aced Djokovic twice that she would be able to beat him

These are the same people that didn't read the article and assumed Errani's comment was an insult

Quebec City 2012
kris719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #45
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

errani is right, serena is just truly great......one of the rare women in sports who is very strong and at the same time hasn't lost her womanly look all that much......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote