The infamous foot-fault , the hindrance and USO umps out for Williams (article) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #1
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
The infamous foot-fault , the hindrance and USO umps out for Williams (article)

It won't go away

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/08/s...mpiring/38985/

Serena upset with U.S. Open umpiring

Serena Williams discusses her outburst at a lineswoman during her 6-4, 7-5 semifinal loss to Kim Clijsters in the 2009 U.S. Open semifinals. With Williams serving to stay in the match at 15-30, she was called her for a foot fault on her second serve, the second time she had been called for one in the match. That made the score 15-40 and gave Clijsters match point. Serena then exploded at the linewoman and threatened her. Williams was assessed a code violation and point penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, thus ending the match.

“I was definitely stressed, and I was angry,” Serena told the New York Times Magazine. “I don’t foot-fault. Like, I have in the past, but this woman should never make a call in the semifinals of a Grand Slam on a person who doesn’t foot-fault. She was totally wrong. I’m sorry. I’m not sorry. I looked at her like—I tried to warn her. And then she did it again. And I’m thinking, This is ridiculous.”

Serena also told the magazine that what bothered her most was that she didn't represent her religion in a positive light. Serena is a Jehovah’s Witness and sometime later was talked to by church elders.

“I just felt like anyone who knew I was a Witness was stumbled,” she said. “And I really don’t want to stumble anybody…They had to have a talk with me. And I knew it was coming. I just felt really bad, though, because it’s like, that’s not who I am… It’s almost like a reprimand, but it’s not bad, because in the Bible it says God loves you, and if someone reprimands you, they love you.”

As she has stated numerous times this summer, Serena reiterated that she feels like bad things always happen to her at the U.S. Open. Last year, she was called for a hindrance and assessed a point penalty when she yelled out before her opponent, Samantha Stosur, had a chance to return the ball she had hit. Serena lost the final to Stosur.

“I got a point penalty because of a grunt,” she said. “Meanwhile, I can name five girls who grunt way louder than I do, and the umpire didn’t even give them a warning. And then I had the ball called out that was this far in [in her 2004 loss to Jennifer Capriati]. It’s always something. I’m thinking, already, something’s gonna happen this year at the Open. I’m just thinking, Serena, say your prayers, fall on your knees. It’s frustrating, because it’s my home country, you’re playing for the home, but it’s like, the way the umpires have been makes me not want to play there. I’d rather play in Australia, or I’d rather play at Wimbledon.”

Last edited by pov : Aug 24th, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Mynarco
Zoooooooooom

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The infamous foot-fault revisited - and the hinrance (article)

AGAIN ? It was 3 years ago. Move on.

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #3
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Hindrance calls against Razzano and foot-faults in Karlovic-Murray match were 100500 times less credible

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #4
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

She never got a penalty point because of a grunt it's because she shouted come on when the ball was still in play. Someone should show her the tape.
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #5
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
“I don’t foot-fault. Like, I have in the past, but this woman should never make a call in the semifinals of a Grand Slam on a person who doesn’t foot-fault.
So in one sentence she says that she doesn't foot-fault but that she has foot-faulted?

Quote:
“I got a point penalty because of a grunt,”
Ummm no. The point penalty was for making a noise when the opponent was on the ball. And she knows that.
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #6
country flag pov

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
She never got a penalty point because of a grunt it's because she shouted come on when the ball was still in play. Someone should show her the tape.
She knows. I think.
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #7
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
She knows. I think.
Well if she knows then why does she go on to talk about players that grunt louder than her?
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #8
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

She's distorting the facts in this interview so much. Oy.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #9
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
AGAIN ? It was 3 years ago. Move on.
Why move on if you can keep whining about it

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #10
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well if she knows then why does she go on to talk about players that grunt louder than her?
May be because she's "unattractive inside"?

and I'll yell and I'll scream at the top of my lungs
and I'll try to show you this is who I've become
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #11
country flag 2Black

2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, the truth is there are players who grunt louder than her and literally yell EVERY TIME they hit the ball.
2Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #12
Mynarco
Zoooooooooom

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Black View Post
Well, the truth is there are players who grunt louder than her and literally yell EVERY TIME they hit the ball.
I know but that has nothing to do with the subject

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #13
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Hindrance calls against Razzano and foot-faults in Karlovic-Murray match were 100500 times less credible
this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #14
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Black View Post
the truth is that grunting or making any loud sounds when your opponent is hitting the ball or the ball is on the opponents side and opponent is preparing to hit it means hindrance in tennis

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #15
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

The real truth is that none of this matters. It's 2012 and Serena's gonna do her regardless to the wishes of her detractors. And that's word.

JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote