Ranking 2012-3 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 05:35 PM   #91
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ranking 2012-3

Who is of Klaudia Boczova of SJSU? She's ranked #47 so could play NCAA singles.

3/3/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Megan Heneghan UC Davis Loss 7-5, ret.
2/24/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Hana Ritterova University of the Pacific (California) Win 6-0, 6-1
2/15/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #24 Aleksandra Josifoska UNLV Win 6-4, 6-2
2/13/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #21 Jacqueline Cako #19 Arizona State University Loss 6-4, 6-0
2/9/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #32 Katie Le Santa Clara University Win 2-6, 7-5, 7-6(1)
2/3/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Louise Oxnevad Cal Poly Win 6-4, 6-2
2/2/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 April Scatliffe #67 UC Santa Barbara Win 6-2, 4-6, 6-1
1/30/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #76 Andrea Ka Univ. of San Francisco Win 6-0, 6-3
1/26/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Martina Trierweiler UTEP Win 6-0, 6-3
1/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Tiffany Mai Cal State Fullerton Win 6-1, 6-0
1/20/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #101 Kristina Smith #23 UC Irvine Loss 5-7,6-2,6-4

Her career according to their website;

"Has five years of WTA rankings...Ranked #812 in 2007, #281 in 2008, #592 in 2009, #547 in 2010 and #880 in 2011...Was 73-40 in singles and 33-15 in doubles ATP/WTA Tour and International Tennis Federation competition...Has four ITF tournament wins in singles action and four more ITF titles in doubles action in her career... Most recent ITF Championship came at the 2010 Dubrovnik, played in Croatia."

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 07:02 PM   #92
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Rankings are up and we have a new number... er, wait. No, we don't. How did that happen?
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 08:20 PM   #93
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Georgia up to #3!!
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 08:28 PM   #94
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

How does Pepperdine beat #67 San Francisco 7-0 but still lose in mind of the ITA computer?

When someone at Pepperdine incorrectly enters San Francisco as the winner here.

Between the head coach, assistant coach and SID it's amazing how Pepperdine can neglect their official ITA record and miss such a big mistake which can end up affecting other team rankings.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:43 PM   #95
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Rankings are up and we have a new number... er, wait. No, we don't. How did that happen?
Smoke and mirrors?? Well last year the speculation was that a loss didn't hurt much if the team had enough wins over highly ranked opponents.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:18 AM   #96
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Just look at the Avg points column in the rankings.

Last week North Carolina was 8.6 points ahead of Florida now they're only 1.47 points ahead. So Florida did close the gap significantly. UNC also did lose a bunch of points going from 86.31 pts to just 76.43 pts this week.

Someone corrected the Pepperdine score over San Francisco.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 01:27 AM   #97
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Just look at the Avg points column in the rankings.

Last week North Carolina was 8.6 points ahead of Florida now they're only 1.47 points ahead. So Florida did close the gap significantly. UNC also did lose a bunch of points going from 86.31 pts to just 76.43 pts this week.

Someone corrected the Pepperdine score over San Francisco.
SO is that 3 SEC teams on top 5?
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #98
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Article about an alternate ranking system that adjusts for close wins vs. stronger wins. Applied to Mallory Burdette.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #99
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Fuller and Garcia are number 1 in the new doubles rankings!

http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...-_April_16.htm

Georgia back to number 3 in the team rankings too

And here are the new singles rankings, not many major changes

tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #100
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Fuller and Garcia are number 1 in the new doubles rankings!

Georgia back to number 3 in the team rankings too

And here are the new singles rankings, not many major changes

Can't wait for KK/Sabs to meet them!

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #101
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Article about an alternate ranking system that adjusts for close wins vs. stronger wins. Applied to Mallory Burdette.
Wrong thread

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #102
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

So after this week's rankings, the NCAA tourney would have the round of 16 look like this. It will likely change again after the SEC tournament and after the Pac-12 matches this week. I have to admit a USC-Stanford Round of 16 matchup would be fun to see!

UNC vs Northwestern
Alabama vs Cal

Texas AM vs Clemson
USC vs. Stanford

Georgia vs Nebraska
Michigan vs Duke

UCLA vs Miami
Florida vs. Texas Tech
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 01:47 AM   #103
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Fuller and Garcia Ranked No. 1 in Doubles

That's the title of UGA's news release!

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #104
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
So after this week's rankings, the NCAA tourney would have the round of 16 look like this. It will likely change again after the SEC tournament and after the Pac-12 matches this week. I have to admit a USC-Stanford Round of 16 matchup would be fun to see!

UNC vs Northwestern
Alabama vs Cal

Texas AM vs Clemson
USC vs. Stanford

Georgia vs Nebraska
Michigan vs Duke

UCLA vs Miami
Florida vs. Texas Tech
Avoiding UF, that's surely good for USC, if they beat STAN again they can surely advance to the final!

How about UCLA vs Miami? UCLA lost to UM in 2009 And even if UCLA wins, UF next

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 03:24 AM   #105
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

April 16, 2013

Rank Avg Player Player School
1 67.12 Kate Fuller Silvia Garcia University of Georgia
2 66.44 Kaitlyn Christian Sabrina Santamaria University of Southern California

3 52.33 Brooke Bolender Emina Bektas University of Michigan
4 52.24 Patricia Veresova Mary Weatherholt University of Nebraska
5 50.25 Kata Szekely Brynn Boren University of Tennessee
6 48.15 Alexa Guarachi Mary Anne Macfarlane University of Alabama
7 42.81 Kristie Ahn Nicole Gibbs Stanford
8 36.94 Hermon Brhane Whitney Ritchie University of Oklahoma
9 36.62 Maria Belaya Jeltje Loomans College of William and Mary
10 35.83 Courtney Colton Lauren Mira Vanderbilt University
11 34.79 Pleun Burgmans Plamena Kurteva Auburn University
12 33.22 Khunpak Issara Lorraine Guillermo Pepperdine
13 33.04 Breaunna Addison Noel Scott University of Texas at Austin
14 31.66 Mary Clayton Ester Goldfeld Duke University
15 31.22 Kenna Kilgo Samantha Adams Texas Tech University
16 31.01 Stefania Hristov Cristina Stancu Texas A&M University
17 30.34 Ema Burgic Victoria Kisialeva Baylor University
18 29.13 Linda Abu Mushrefova Nida Hamilton Northwestern University
19 28.97 Robin Anderson Skylar Morton UCLA
20 28.47 Dominique Harmath Natalie Beazant Rice University
21 28.09 Samantha Vickers Isaura Enrique University of Tulsa
22 27.57 Lauren Embree Sofie Oyen University of Florida
23 27.23 Erin Vierra Maci Epstein University of Virginia
24 24.43 Karla Bonacic Petra Niedermayerova Kansas State
25 24.14 Melissa Kopinski Rachael White University of Illinois
26 21.85 Lynn Chi Anett Schutting California
27 21.25 Krisztina Kapitany Mara Schmidt Purdue University
28 20.92 Jacqueline Cako Nicole Smith Arizona State University
29 20.69 Ester Goldfeld Hanna Mar Duke University
30 19.83 Petra Januskova Chelsea Utting Penn State University
31 18.53 Ashley Dai Whitney Kay North Carolina
32 18.46 Paige Miles Tereza Bekerova University of Utah
33 18.25 Jaklin Alawi Dominika Kanakova University of South Carolina
34 18.06 Li Xi Stephanie Nauta University of Virginia

I guess if you don't play, you pay?
One of the most scandalous rankings in recent history

It's like when 'How Green was my Valley' beat 'Citizen Kane' to win the Oscar

- Woodrow Wilson