Ranking 2012-3 - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #181
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ranking 2012-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Yupp.
I've recorded Dillon/Herring vs Estlander/Goransson, just so you know

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #182
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
Any more doubles teams pulling out? UVA's Li Xi and Stephanie Nauta are now alt #1.
If Goldfeld pulled out wouldn't that make Xi and Nauta automatically in since Clayton/Goldfeld were the ACC automatic berth (i.e. it wouldn't go to the first alternate team) and Xi/Nauta are the next ACC team?

And then since Epstein pulled out, it would go to the Oklahoma team. As Epstein was a doubles at large and the berth would go to the next at large.

Hence first alternate at this point should be Cako/Smith not Nauta/Xi.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #183
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
If Goldfeld pulled out wouldn't that make Xi and Nauta automatically in since Clayton/Goldfeld were the ACC automatic berth (i.e. it wouldn't go to the first alternate team) and Xi/Nauta are the next ACC team?

And then since Epstein pulled out, it would go to the Oklahoma team. As Epstein was a doubles at large and the berth would go to the next at large.

Hence first alternate at this point should be Cako/Smith not Nauta/Xi.
Not sure what the rules are.. Can anyone verify above?
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #184
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Goldfeld is at #2 in the line-up that Duke submitted. Obviously could change, but she has not withdrawn from anything yet
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #185
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

From Duke's website:

"Listed at 50th in the most recent ITA poll, Goldfeld notched an 18-7 overall singles record this year, including an impressive 11-4 mark during the dual match slate. The Brooklyn, N.Y., native, tallied a 3-1 record in ACC play this season, before going down with a hand injury April 6th. Due to the injury, the two-time All-ACC selection will be unable to participate in the tournament.

In doubles play, the tandem of Clayton and Goldfeld, listed at No. 21 in the ITA poll, earned their bid to the Championship by posting a 9-2 record this season, including a 7-2 ledger in dual matches.

“I’m proud of our performance, especially earlier in the season when we had time to play together,” said Clayton. “Obviously it’s unfortunate that she’s injured, but it’s great that we qualified and have something to show for it. Right now, we are really focused as a team on the NCAA Tournament and really fighting for every single point.”
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #186
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

their match with ole miss will be interesting. 5 players still?
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #187
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting, strange that Duke would still submit her in its official line-up
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #188
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Thanks for posting, strange that Duke would still submit her in its official line-up
True, if my memory of the rules is correct, that would be strange.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #189
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Can someone post the link to the official lineups?
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #190
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

http://web1.ncaa.org/tennis/exec/lin...n=1&fromLink=Y

Via http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.co.u...oundtable.html
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #191
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

thx. Ema has 40 wins this season

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #192
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

UF dbls 2 and 3, only played 5 dual matches or so.
A gamble?

Alexandra Cercone
Caroline Hitmana 2 2 2 2 4 3
3 Danielle Collins
Brianna Morgan 3 2 3 2 3 2

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #193
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
UF dbls 2 and 3, only played 5 dual matches or so.
A gamble?

Alexandra Cercone
Caroline Hitmana 2 2 2 2 4 3
3 Danielle Collins
Brianna Morgan 3 2 3 2 3 2

They have juggled doubles all season long, trying to find teams that work. Collins/Morgan played well last time out vs. uga, so who knows. Cercone/hitimana did not play well at sec's.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #194
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
They have juggled doubles all season long, trying to find teams that work. Collins/Morgan played well last time out vs. uga, so who knows. Cercone/hitimana did not play well at sec's.
they really should have taken cercone out. love her in singles and a tough cookie there, and doubles... she tries to be creative but never works.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:28 AM   #195
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

The thinking may be, she plays really well this time of year. Embree gets the love, rightfully so, but Alex is a warrior in the tournament, just as valuable and just as clutch. Time will tell. If they get their doubles in order, the 3peat is much more likely.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote