Ranking 2012-3 - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #166
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ranking 2012-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Rarity = cash value

And not only Sabs, mind you Lots...

I'm just asking for Sabs...you can charge cash for the rest
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #167
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Rarity = cash value

And not only Sabs, mind you Lots...
Can you include any recent Hibi matches (perhaps against Austin)?

And lastly, Hardebeck against Kyle at Ojai...the match score looks very lopsided but I still want to see it

Ok... I said it...just 3 videos...not your entire collection.
Old May 4th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #168
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Just checked Duke's website and Golfeld isn't playing! so the Oklahoma St team gets in the doubles draw! and ASU is now first alternate. If anyone knows of any doubles team where someone is injured please let me know lol.
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:18 AM   #169
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
I'm thinking of charging a fee, in fact.. I need cash
Why anyone would want this unless was of their child is hard to understand.......
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:43 AM   #170
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I was looking on youtube for videos of Sab --- trying to find out what all the (fantic) hype is all about since I don't live in So.Cal

Only video I saw was this 2 minute video in slo-mo

I didn't bother watching her doubles video knowing that KK covers 3/4 of the court...despite the recent upsell that she's covering her half

Fantic could you allow access to TF>Pac-12>fans ??? We're not asking for the whole collection...just Sabs

I just can't believe that she's dusted both Gibbsy and Robin...do you have her playing either of them...this YEAR?
I don't have to hype Sabs, the score says it all You guys'll find out soon enough from May 17th

I even have later portion of 2nd set in which Sabs bageled Krista at UNLV..but..what'll you do it for me, to paraphrase JFK
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #171
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Sabs has improved significantly this year. I feel like her best shot is her flat forehand drives (esp. crosscourt) which seemed to give Gibbs and Anderson issues. It's interesting because when I watched Sabs play, I thought her forehand drives were similar to Lao's. Sabs just does them better and consistently.

I'm not sure if she will win the NCAA's. She's been on a 21-match win streak. She is bound to lose a match eventually. If USC doesn't win the team championship and she loses a dual match, I could see her getting hungry and winning. We shall see! My money's on Robin. =)
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #172
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Sabs has improved significantly this year. I feel like her best shot is her flat forehand drives (esp. crosscourt) which seemed to give Gibbs and Anderson issues. It's interesting because when I watched Sabs play, I thought her forehand drives were similar to Lao's. Sabs just does them better and consistently.

I'm not sure if she will win the NCAA's. She's been on a 21-match win streak. She is bound to lose a match eventually. If USC doesn't win the team championship and she loses a dual match, I could see her getting hungry and winning. We shall see! My money's on Robin. =)
When I see a photo of Sabs, especially standing next to KK, my first impression is the girl doesn't appear to have foot speed (not as quick and nimble as Gibbsy). Seeing some of her serves on video, I don't really see power in that area. I think the biggest weakness that I see with college players is the serve, especially when transition to the pros. Maria Sanchez, former Trojan, on the other hand has a strong serve and she seems to be doing better than average, as she climbed higher than most in her first year as a pro.

Back to Sabs, I did see a couple of shots she made against Robin...nasty forehand cross court winners. Great placement, difficult for Robin to get to. First shot was a cross court winner, such a nice angle taking 3/4 of the court away. Second shot, I believe was the flat forehand that you mentioned, hit crosscourt and DEEP, which was amazing because Sabs was on the run to her right when she hit it. One would think, she would go for a shot down the line, but deep cross court....
I can see her giving players fits with her shot selection.

With her win streak and recent domination, I am more curious to see her match play and not just small video clips that I see online
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #173
country flag Tennis parents

Tennis parents is an unknown quantity at this point

Full match of sabs at pac 12 video on demand, showing ojai championship dubs.
Tennis parents is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #174

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis parents View Post
Full match of sabs at pac 12 video on demand, showing ojai championship dubs.
Unfortunately I don't get the Pac-12 network. DirecTV better pick them up next year!
Old May 5th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #175
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Sab's father always records her matches on video camera, maybe you can ask him...

By the way, You tube uploader Maximax? was spotted at Ojai, he even put the video recorder right on the fence of court 1 during the sgls final methink, maybe he'll upload it..

Just checked and he changed it to his real name, Matt Lin? and he uploaded quite a bits of matches You guys, thank me Do I get any referral points?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : May 5th, 2013 at 07:11 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #176

Quote:
Sab's father always records her matches on video camera, maybe you can ask him...

By the way, You tube uploader Maximax? was spotted at Ojai, he even put the video recorder right on the fence of court 1 during the sgls final methink, maybe he'll upload it..

Just checked and he changed it to his real name, Matt Lin? and he uploaded quite a bits of matches You guys, thank me Do I get any referral points?
He needs to tag his videos a little bit better. I've watched his men's videos but didn't realize he got some of the women's as well.
Old May 5th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #177
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Just checked Duke's website and Golfeld isn't playing! so the Oklahoma St team gets in the doubles draw! and ASU is now first alternate. If anyone knows of any doubles team where someone is injured please let me know lol.
Maci Epstein and Erin Vierra of UVA won't play, due to Epstein's season ending injury.
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #178
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:

Yupp.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #179
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Thanks knoxt your info just made my day! (: so five pac 12 doubles teams will be in the 32 field!
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #180
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Thanks knoxt your info just made my day! (: so five pac 12 doubles teams will be in the 32 field!
Any more doubles teams pulling out? UVA's Li Xi and Stephanie Nauta are now alt #1.
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote