Wrong tactic: Errani´s coach told her to defend - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #1
country flag Beny

Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute
Wrong tactic: Errani´s coach told her to defend

If only she came up agressive and going for her shots, the match would have been more interesting.

Errani coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouc View Post
I'm so sad she hasn't won that fucking GS

Daniela Hantuchova - Kim Clijsters - Sam Stosur
Beny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #2
country flag rnwerner

rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future
Re: Wrong tactic: Errani´s coach told her to defend

I disagree.

Her tactics were just right, absolutely brillant.

But Serena is so much better that you could not see it.

But the tactics were right.
rnwerner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #3
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter what she did. Serena's weight of shot is too much for her. You can hear the difference on the strings.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #4
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has disabled reputation

Errani would lose it anyway, why spend energy when you have double final?
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #5
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Errrani's coach looks retarded

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #6
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

I thought she should have been a little more aggressive, but then she might have seen the ball whizzing by her into the court and out more often. Tough matchup for her.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #7
country flag lloyders76

lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of

was never going to out-hit serena,

only real hope was frustrating serena with her defense and capitalising on her becoming frustrated/missing. makes tactical sense to me
lloyders76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #8
country flag manu32

manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future

Errani is a bad looser,btw..she should be happy ? Bad news today
manu32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #9
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

She only got aggressive in the end because Serena let her, if you see the final game she was missing a lot cause she doesn't have it in her to hit winners. She was just told to do her best game which is defense and against Serena that's the best tactic, because ti might annoy her and make her miss.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #10
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute

That would have meant giving Serena just enough pace -- Sara can't do more -- to make it easier to hit winners.

The only kind of aggressive shot that could have troubled Serena were Sara's occasional angled and heavily spun forehands. But she needed time to set those up and make them. Serena never let her have any, even when hitting at 80%, which is likely what Venus recommended.

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #11
country flag Beny

Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyders76 View Post
was never going to out-hit serena,

only real hope was frustrating serena with her defense and capitalising on her becoming frustrated/missing. makes tactical sense to me
Disagree.

Stosur wasnt going to outhit Serena last year, but she did.

Errani today, when she went for her shots, she hit winners.
She didnt take many risks returning Serena´s 2nd serves (because her tactic was to keep the ball in play and make Serena miss, which is obviously not going to happen when Serena is in a form like this, not enough to win at least) but when she did, she was winning.

Even Errani (who has a similar style to Stosur) can put pressure on Serena and go for her shots. She should have done that, try to come forward and attack with her forehand. Instead she decided to stick to 2 metres behind the baseline and wait for Serena to hit....... a winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouc View Post
I'm so sad she hasn't won that fucking GS

Daniela Hantuchova - Kim Clijsters - Sam Stosur
Beny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #12
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait!
There is a school of though that gave birth to this idea.

It was recently given new life and credibility by Ricardo Sanchez.
This school of thought argues, when playing Serena, you need to do everything possible to keep the rallies as long long as possible.

Taken to the extreme, some players would rather keep the rallies going than hit and winner where there is chance.
After all, the coach says, the longer the rally, the higher your chance is to win the point.

To these players, attempting to hit a winner is equivalent to take a chance, to hit a low percentage shots, something coaches also advise against.
So they opt for prolonging the rallies

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Live Stream, football, tennis, etc.. : http://www.sportlemon.tv/

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Sep 8th, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:20 PM   #13
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Agree.

I mean, Sara was able to keep ball in play, but Serena even didn't have to run at all
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Julia Cohen
Elena Dementieva, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #14
country flag TheHangover

TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future

what are you talking about, how you can be aggressive if your opponent's ball is twice faster? The only thing she could have done was o bit more of bh slices as serena doesn't like them, vinci could have won more games
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #15
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good tactic, get Serena into rallies were she typically can become frustrated. But there really was no chance, Errani does not have much pace on her shots so most of the time that won't hurt Serena.