Why has Tennis been a European race dominated Sport? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #46
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why has Tennis been a White dominated Sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
you make me laugh......once again a typical ignorant trying to stereotype indian race just by reading some bullshit published online......indians are original, mixed and every other category you could imagine......

i will educate you in PMs more about it but for now just remember that there have been classifications of "white", "non-whites" thousands of years ago in india......please don't come to me with the notion that this "white", "non white" concept emerged in the west......the entire west itself emerged from indians, africans and mesapotamians......FACTS! no ill-will intended......
Do your research. I'm not going to argue with you. If you don't want to know, believe that's on you.

There are many DNA, Geographical, Cultural, Archaeological, Anthropological and historical links that prove this, including from highly regarded, accredited scientist.

With all due respect, you appear to be the ignorant one (not surprised judging by your thread title), for being so immediately close minded to the notion.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #47
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Is this pushback widespread among Indians?
If yes, is there any movement or senisibilization to stop the rest of world calling Indian Asians?

Some Indians prefer to be called Indo-Europeans, even though a big chunk sub-group in India do not have European features

Can you also address the rest of the point I made in this post http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....7&postcount=29 (post #20)
i will do it tomorrow, i am going to bed......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #48
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say before the lock.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #49
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

Oh, shock......another racist thread on this forum
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #50
country flag BillFromRichmond

BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
every other major global sport is not dominated by any particular race, then why only tennis? what could be the reasons? are blacks more athletic than whites and are suited for far more physical games? or is it just that whites are more interested in this sport and other races not that much?

how do you see the sport transitioning forward? with the sport becoming physical with each passing day, do you see more black players joining the mix? what progress do you see in tennis as far as the five major races are concerned - black, indian, asian, middle-eastern and white?
So I guess you choose to ignore other sports like golf and soccer.

Why don't you start a thread asking why Basketball and American football are Black Dominated sports?
BillFromRichmond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #51
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

When a thread like this appears, it's so epic fail.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #52
country flag TheHangover

TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future

speaking about my experience, so here in italy, tennis is a pretty expensive sport, don't know about other countries, that's may be the reason, cause obviously there are a lot more white people than black that can spend (or throw away) a lot of money. phisically obviously blacks have an edge

Supporter of the lefties Safarova, Kerber and Benesova trying to replace the great Patty Schnyder

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha
TheHangover is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #53
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

Start Da Game is such a character, every forum he's posted on he causes mayhem, he's posted on quite a few with the same Nadal avatar

Well so many other posters have pinpointed the "obvious" reasons. Having said that, many black and asian players have made significant contributions to tennis over the decades:

Like Arthur Ashe (hence Arthur Ashe stadium ), Michael Chang, Zina Garrison, Chanda Rubin, James Blake and many other Americans, Lori McNeil, Althea Gibson and of course Venus and Serena.

The French have produced a few good players like Yannick Noah, Tsonga, Monfils.

The key thing is opportunity, opportunities for young kids in inner cities to play, that's where we could get some real gems if the relevant associations were to look hard enough and adapt their system. At the moment the kids with athletic ability gravitate to other sports to play where there are more opportunities. But tennis is also an athletic sport and needs to be sold as such, not this hang up over "hand eye co-ordination" which the British tennis establishment has certainly been guilty of over the decades.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #54
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis is a rich man's sport. Historically the Caucasian race always had the easiest path to making money and therefore succeed in this discipline. Nowadays just about everyone can make big money regardless of the race, but the lines have been drawn long time ago already.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #55
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
Tennis is a rich man's sport. Historically the Caucasian race always had the easiest path to making money and therefore succeed in this discipline. Nowadays just about everyone can make big money regardless of the race, but the lines have been drawn long time ago already.
But also recently we have seen a real glut of players from the former Eastern bloc who see tennis as an opportunity to make a name for themselves and a lot of money, or I suppose the parents have these ideas a lot of the time.

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #56
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

In before the lock.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #57
country flag laurie

I was also going to say that two of America's most celebrated players of recent times both came from 1st generation immigrant backgrounds. Sampras' father was Greek American and mother came from Greece, and Agassi's father came over from Iran of Armenian descent(boxed for Iran in an Olympics once?) Both men have talked about that, that should inspire other young Americans of different backgrounds hopefully. And Michael Chang's influence is not to be underestimated either.

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #58
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute

Why are people still feeding this troll with semi-serious replies? Just post joke posts and let him self-implode

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #59
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

For one reason it's not a poor man's sport. If you read Monaco's interview in DEUCE, he said that they would play only one ball for days and days till it wears off, and they will wait for days to get another one. Most Black people are from Africa and Africa isn;t a rich continent.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #60
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

because Blacks suck ?
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote