Planning to visit US Open 2013 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #31
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planning to visit US Open 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
You mean, a couple of extra $$$

Brooklyn Marriott is right on the East River, and the trains take you right to the heart of Manhattan in 30 minutes.
Thiry?

Try 2-5min (depending where you're going of course)? But I know what you mean.

And you can walk into Manhattan, and have the view from your hotel.

Plus it all depends what you want. Some people may not want "the madness" of Manhattan at their door step, while still being a few minutes away.

And depending on what you want, need, looking for (and how often you been to NY), staying near Brooklyn Heights, Dumbo, Cobble Hill, may be an ever better experience.

Though I would agree what the other poster meant for a "first time visitor" staying in Manhattan. I do. But you can walk into Manhattan from the Brooklyn Marriott. And for the level of service and amenities your going to get, it's a lot cheaper than an equivalent Manhattan Hotel.

It all depends on what people want/deem important.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #32
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris719 View Post
don't listen to this guy, the only thing that sucks about the USO is having to pay $15 for a bad meal and being hungry again an hour later they should really lower ticket prices a bit since everyone is forced to pay a fortune to eat.

But really, the USO is an incredible event, you're going to have a blast.
Agreed!
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #33
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Hey Guys, Just to let you all know ive booked the flights and Hotel. We will be staying at a hotel 15 mins walk from Flushing Meadows tennis called Paris Suites. Really can't wait now!! Gonna book the tennis tics with Ticketmaster i think when they go on sale on November 6th. Thanks for all your help guys xx
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #34
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

dont stay in broooklyn....
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #35
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Hey Guys, Just to let you all know ive booked the flights and Hotel. We will be staying at a hotel 15 mins walk from Flushing Meadows tennis called Paris Suites. Really can't wait now!! Gonna book the tennis tics with Ticketmaster i think when they go on sale on November 6th. Thanks for all your help guys xx
OK Maria, Congrats.

That Hotel is near the highway (Long Island Expressway) and 108 st.

If you like Italian, there's an excellent/famous Italian Restaurant nearby called Parkside. You may want to check it out. If you do plan to go, make reservations. It can get very crowded, and you'd have to wait a decent time, if you have a decent sized party.

And if you're into ethnic foods (or if you're a foodie in general), there a lot of authentic Chinese, Japanese, Malaysian, Indian-Pak-Bangladesh, Korean, Vietnamese, Columbian/South American, etc., restaurants in the surrounding neighborhoods of Flushing, Elmhurst, Jackson Heights and Corona.

You can also find some good American or fusion style restaurants in Forest Hills, near Queens Blvd and Ascan Ave.

Just go to Google, Yelp, City Search and Urban Spoon (NYC), and look them up.

But that Parkside Restaurant could be within walking distance of your hotel.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #36
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Curious as why you choose Paris Suites (besides the obvious being right at Flushing Meadows)?

How long are you staying?
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #37
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Curious as why you choose Paris Suites (besides the obvious being right at Flushing Meadows)?

Come on, that's not nice to ask on the open board, unless you plan on making a similar trip yourself.

Obviously she had her reasons to choose that hotel, plus her reservations are already booked (though probably not payed for obviously).
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #38
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

If you're going almost exclusively for the tennis, then staying in Queens in a cheap hotel makes a lot of sense. It can take a long time to get home from a night session.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #39
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Come on, that's not nice to ask on the open board, unless you plan on making a similar trip yourself.

Obviously she had her reasons to choose that hotel, plus her reservations are already booked (though probably not payed for obviously).
Why? Just curious. It's a fair question after asking for all the input.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #40
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris719 View Post
don't listen to this guy, the only thing that sucks about the USO is having to pay $15 for a bad meal and being hungry again an hour later they should really lower ticket prices a bit since everyone is forced to pay a fortune to eat.

But really, the USO is an incredible event, you're going to have a blast.
IMO there's a lot that - from the perspective of enjoying tennis - sucks about the USO Ashe stadium for one thing. The emphasis on spectacle rather than tennis for another.

That said - I think the first week rocks. Less people, less spectacle and more good tennis on courts other than Ashe. I like the quali days also. You get to see many top players practicing.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #41
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Holy crap. I don't think I've ever booked anything a year in advance.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #42
country flag kris719

kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
IMO there's a lot that - from the perspective of enjoying tennis - sucks about the USO Ashe stadium for one thing. The emphasis on spectacle rather than tennis for another.

That said - I think the first week rocks. Less people, less spectacle and more good tennis on courts other than Ashe. I like the quali days also. You get to see many top players practicing.
Agreed for the most part, I usually stay away from Ashe.

Quebec City 2012
kris719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #43
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Do not stay in Canal St!! Made the mistake of staying at the Sheraton there, and I arrived around 2AM in the morning, thought i was gonna get mugged
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #44
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
If you're going almost exclusively for the tennis, then staying in Queens in a cheap hotel makes a lot of sense. It can take a long time to get home from a night session.
This is what i thought. Thats why im staying there
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #45
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:

Because i could afford it

Im staying for the whole of the first week Saturday 24th till Sat 31st. On the Sunday 25th i can do all the touristy things before the tennis starts