Planning to visit US Open 2013 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #16
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planning to visit US Open 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Thank you very much just looked up Brooklyn Bridge Marriott looks nice and reasonably priced and it had a link to other Marriott's round the same area too so thanks very much xxxxxx
Yeah, and it's in close proximity to Dumbo, Brooklyn Heights, Cobble Hill, Boreum Hill, all some of the best neighborhoods in the entire City, with interesting dining or walking.

Plus, it's a quick train ride or walk into Manhattan, lower Manhattan, and the neighborhoods/business/historical districts there.

It's not as quick a ride as the midtown hotels to the US Tennis Center. But it's not nearly as crowded or expensive as comparably priced hotels in midtown. And the F train (which you can catch behind) is a nice train (cleaner and more spacious than the 7, though the 7 is not dirty, just slightly older, smaller trains). The F trains are brand new, mostly and wider.

The Hotel has two towers. They just built a new, taller second one (I think it's the one with the Morton's steakhouse at the bottom). There's a bridge that connects the two.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #17
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
But not a huge one-- USTA will make you dump it before entering.
I don't bother with brollies. They are a nuisance i just put my hood up if it rains.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #18
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

@Maria Rocks

Some of the more expensive midtown hotels, like the Hemsley Palace, and others on the Eastside (between 5th and 2nd Ave, from 42nd to 59th st), many times have specials, if you watch/follow them. But my guess is (unless you book way in advance) you wouldn't get the best deals around US Open time. Lol But you can check that as well.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #19
country flag tonybotz

tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future

ugh save your money. i've been going since i was a kid, and only went once this year. it's become all about getting every dollar they can out of you. it's really a disgrace the way they treat the "customers". and it's become a total police state. very sad to see. but thats america for you.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #20
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Its cheaper than the four seasons ha ha
OH.

I forgot to mention (if you didn't notice when you looked it up), there's a TKTS Booth, right behind the hotel where you can get discounted tickets on Broadway shows, etc.

And it's never nearly as crowded as the one in Times Square (and there's a Starbucks next door to it). The one in Times Square, you got to stand out in the elements, in the middle of the square.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #21
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

If you plan to attend Arthur Ashe, bring binoculars. Also, remember to pack a jacket for night sessions, as it tends to get very cold.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #22
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
@Maria Rocks

Some of the more expensive midtown hotels, like the Hemsley Palace, and others on the Eastside (between 5th and 2nd Ave, from 42nd to 59th st), many times have specials, if you watch/follow them. But my guess is (unless you book way in advance) you wouldn't get the best deals around US Open time. Lol But you can check that as well.
Im looking to book up as soon as possible. Hopefully next week if i can. Very exciting. Won't be able to go out for a whole year so i can afford it but oh my word going to be sooooooooooooo worth it.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #23
country flag Maria rocks

Thanks for all your help guys. Ive noted it all down. Much appreciated xx
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #24
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute

If this is a one time thing, my advice is to spend a couple extra bucks to be in Manhattan. Brooklyn's nice, but it's no Manhattan and there's no substitute to being able to walk right outside your hotel into the madness that is Manhattan. There are cheaper options in Manhattan as long as you don't mind having less amenities. If you go back a second or third time, then you can stay in other neighborhoods and travel into Manhattan on the subway. For the tennis, as others have said, the 7 train is cheap and easy and gets you to the tennis in about 40 minutes or so.

Either way, have a great time. New York is one of the, if not the best city in the world.

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #25
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
If this is a one time thing, my advice is to spend a couple extra bucks to be in Manhattan. Brooklyn's nice, but it's no Manhattan and there's no substitute to being able to walk right outside your hotel into the madness that is Manhattan. There are cheaper options in Manhattan as long as you don't mind having less amenities. If you go back a second or third time, then you can stay in other neighborhoods and travel into Manhattan on the subway. For the tennis, as others have said, the 7 train is cheap and easy and gets you to the tennis in about 40 minutes or so.

Either way, have a great time. New York is one of the, if not the best city in the world.
You mean, a couple of extra $$$

Brooklyn Marriott is right on the East River, and the trains take you right to the heart of Manhattan in 30 minutes.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #26
country flag kris719

kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybotz View Post
ugh save your money. i've been going since i was a kid, and only went once this year. it's become all about getting every dollar they can out of you. it's really a disgrace the way they treat the "customers". and it's become a total police state. very sad to see. but thats america for you.
don't listen to this guy, the only thing that sucks about the USO is having to pay $15 for a bad meal and being hungry again an hour later they should really lower ticket prices a bit since everyone is forced to pay a fortune to eat.

But really, the USO is an incredible event, you're going to have a blast.

Quebec City 2012
kris719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #27
Tennis Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris719 View Post
don't listen to this guy, the only thing that sucks about the USO is having to pay $15 for a bad meal and being hungry again an hour later they should really lower ticket prices a bit since everyone is forced to pay a fortune to eat.

But really, the USO is an incredible event, you're going to have a blast.
I paid $18 for a burger, fries and Coke.

Heinekens will cost you $8.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #28
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation

I just got back from NY and the Open.

I stayed at the Westin in Times Square and had tennis tickets for Friday and Sunday.
Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #29
country flag kris719

kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
I paid $18 for a burger, fries and Coke.

Heinekens will cost you $8.
I don't get why the US Open special beer cost more than heineken

Quebec City 2012
kris719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #30
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Don't be scared by the prices, it's worth it.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote