Meet the woman hit with the uppercut heard round the 'net - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:41 AM   #1
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute
Meet the woman hit with the uppercut heard round the 'net

Cleveland Bus Driver Suspended After Decking Unruly Female Rider With Brutal Bolo Punch

A Cleveland municipal bus driver has been suspended after video surfaced this week showing him decking a mouthy female rider with a bolo punch.

The confrontation between the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) worker and the unidentified woman was apparently filmed by another rider. It is unclear from the above clip, however, what triggered the dispute.

[WARNING: The video is peppered with curse words and racial slurs.]

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...s-punch-736901

The driver of bus 2802 leaves his seat after the woman appears to strike him. "You going to jail now," the driver says twice before throwing an uppercut that knocks the woman to the ground.

The driver then throws the woman off the stopped bus, though she climbs back aboard and tussles with him. "She want to be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man," the driver announces at one point.

RTA officials believe the fight occurred on September 18. The unidentified driver was suspended this week, with city officials describing his behavior as "absolutely unacceptable." In a press statement, the agency added, "RTA apologizes to our customers for this incident. A full investigation continues."

What's a Brutal Bolo Punch"? Not brutal enough to keep this loud mouth rider down! I don't think the driver appreciated the face spittin' at'll!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #2
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meet the woman hit with the uppercut heard round the 'net

That was such overkill. First of all a grown ass man doesn't need to be hitting a girl no matter what, but if he was going to get physical he didn't need to hit her THAT hard. That looked extremely painful and far more than anything the video shows her doing to him.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #3
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

So fucked! It looked like he just about knocked her head off.
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #4
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the next logical step for them is to record a cover of the "Birthday Cake" remix?

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #5
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I was not ready for that tbh.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #6
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
That was such overkill. First of all a grown ass man doesn't need to be hitting a girl no matter what, but if he was going to get physical he didn't need to hit her THAT hard. That looked extremely painful and far more than anything the video shows her doing to him.
She spitted on him and punched him while he was driving That puts all the passenger of the bus in danger. He did the right thing, it's like a plane pilot inforcing air law

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #7
country flag Gdsimmons

Gdsimmons has a reputation beyond repute Gdsimmons has a reputation beyond repute Gdsimmons has a reputation beyond repute Gdsimmons has a reputation beyond repute Gdsimmons has a reputation beyond repute Gdsimmons has a reputation beyond repute Gdsimmons has a reputation beyond repute Gdsimmons has a reputation beyond repute Gdsimmons has a reputation beyond repute Gdsimmons has a reputation beyond repute Gdsimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he should not have hit her with that mean Mortal Combat uppercut. However, this girls was verbally berating him and then physical came on him while DRIVING a bus full of people. What if she had hit him and he lost control of the bus? Then what? She was reckless and irresponsible. I hate when people (especially women) wanna get big and bad with a grown ass man and then when that man retaliates , they wanna cry wolf. If you dont act ignorant and stupid, then nothing like that will happen.
Gdsimmons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #8
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

No point trying to decide who is right or wrong here. A man shouldn't ever hit a woman, especially not like that. OTOH a woman(anyone really) should expect that not everyone is going to be a gentleman, so if you spit on them and attack them you deserve whatever's coming your way. Both in the wrong, both probably ought to wind up with some charges I guess.

But damn, was he a boxer when he was younger or something? I applaud the strength of her jaw, if I got punched like that I probably would have flew through the window and I'm a guy

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
Alejandrawrrr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #9
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post

I was not ready for that tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarties View Post
She spitted on him and punched him while he was driving That puts all the passenger of the bus in danger. He did the right thing, it's like a plane pilot inforcing air law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdsimmons View Post
Maybe he should not have hit her with that mean Mortal Combat uppercut. However, this girls was verbally berating him and then physical came on him while DRIVING a bus full of people. What if she had hit him and he lost control of the bus? Then what? She was reckless and irresponsible. I hate when people (especially women) wanna get big and bad with a grown ass man and then when that man retaliates , they wanna cry wolf. If you dont act ignorant and stupid, then nothing like that will happen.
I don't care what she said or did he needs to go to jail. A man that respects his mama or woman would never hit a woman like that. As tiny has she was he could have thrown her off of the bus or called the police. A man that would hit a woman like that is most likely accustom to beating women and is most likely a woman-beater/abuser. Even if someone feels as though they're protecting themselves they can't go over the top doing it. This man is disgusting and if any man in my life ever beat a woman like that he'd be gone out of my life. In addition no where in the article did it say the bus was moving when she hit him. It did show him getting out of his seat to brutally attack her. And yes she's a stupid loud mouth asshole that needed to be shut up. As large as he is all he had to do was grab her and throw her off of the bus. He had many other options under the circumstances.

Last edited by mykarma : Oct 13th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
mykarma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #10
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I don't dispute the fact that he went way too far. I just found it funny on first watch, obviously the longer the video goes on the humour fades. That said, I agree gentlemen shouldn't hit a woman, but a woman can't expect every man not to punch them if they spit in/slap the man's face.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #11
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondtieva View Post

I guess the next logical step for them is to record a cover of the "Birthday Cake" remix?
You've never been funny, but this just proves there is something wrong with you.

Anyways, a man should never hit a woman. There was no need for that uppercut and then throwing her off the bus right after, and then what looks like some more hits and hair pulling.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #12
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I don't dispute the fact that he went way too far. I just found it funny on first watch, obviously the longer the video goes on the humour fades. That said, I agree gentlemen shouldn't hit a woman, but a woman can't expect every man not to punch them if they spit in/slap the man's face.
This
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #13
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

She had it coming.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #14
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

To the "never hit a woman" people - do you think that women should not serve in combat?

There are women who can take out many men. And a 6'5" hard-muscled 270+ man hitting a 5'10" beanpole is even less physically balanced than the average man vs average woman. Or to get technical - a man hitting another man that he's 45% stronger than is more of a difference.

I do have a strong (very strong) "don't hit women" thing but I also think that in part it's a value rooted in eras where women were raised to be physically ineffectual.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #15
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

IMO he was more than wrong. I'd support him getting fired and even criminally charged. And if he'd done what he did to a man, I'd feel the same. He was talking trash back so he can't take the high ground. I mean "look like yoah face done got all slice up" Really? The bus obviously was stopped so the danger argument is ridiculous. Plus she wasn't touching him - he got up from his seat, stepped over to her and cold-cocked her. I see him as a sad, miserable little lowlife creature.

Then there's the idjit passengers chuckling like it's entertainment. The overall mentality is just