When did they change Super Saturday and why ? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:19 AM   #16
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When did they change Super Saturday and why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Huh? The women's final is still slated for Saturday night. They are talking about the future to have the final on Sundays permanently and to move the men to Monday to allow the men to have a day off in between matches. Aka, whiners Federer and Nadal.

The 08, 09, and 11 finals were on Sunday due to rain.
Oh So the women's semis have always been on Friday? Pardon my ignorance
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:21 AM   #17
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #18
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

It has been like this since the all Williams finals in 2001. It's just with all the rain delays, the schedule has been busted.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #19
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post

But I still don't understand why they have this Thursday such a nothing day tenniswise. Why not have the women play the semis on Thursday and the final on Saturday? Seems dumb.
You obviously weren't watching today.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 05:43 AM   #20
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Nothing is set in stone but that's the most likely. It's all about TV and I doubt they'll be able to take the men's semifinals off Saturday. So to give them a day off, they'll put the men on Monday - likely at night. CBS airs reruns, they might agree to that.
Willingly go head-to-head with Monday Night Football? There's no way, NO WAY, CBS would ever agree to do that.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #21
country flag xzchief

xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
Willingly go head-to-head with Monday Night Football? There's no way, NO WAY, CBS would ever agree to do that.
Especially since the final would fall against the opening-week MNF doubleheader. The only way a Monday U.S. Open final works is for the match to end before 7 p.m. eastern. Perhaps a 4 p.m. start.
xzchief is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #22
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
You obviously weren't watching today.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote