Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54.. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:57 PM   #1
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54..

This one has completely caught me off guard.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Clarke Duncan, the hulking, prolific character actor whose dozens of films included an Oscar-nominated performance as a death row inmate in "The Green Mile" and such other box office hits as "Armageddon," ''Planet of the Apes" and "Kung Fu Panda," is dead at age 54.

Clarke died Monday morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, where he was being treated for a heart attack, said his fiancée, reality TV personality Rev. Omarosa Manigault, in a statement released by publicist Joy Fehily.

The muscular, 6-foot-4 Duncan, a former bodyguard who turned to acting in his 30s, "suffered a myocardial infarction on July 13 and never fully recovered," the statement said. "Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

In the spring of 2012, Clarke had appeared in a video for PETA, the animal rights organization, in which he spoke of how much better he felt since becoming a vegetarian three years earlier.

"I cleared out my refrigerator, about $5,000 worth of meat," he said. "I'm a lot healthier than I was when I was eating meat."

Duncan had a handful of minor roles before "The Green Mile" brought him an Academy Award nomination for best supporting actor. The 1999 film, based on the Stephen King novel of the same name, starred Tom Hanks as a corrections officer at a penitentiary in the 1930s. Duncan played John Coffey, a convicted murderer with a surprisingly gentle demeanor and extraordinary healing powers.

Duncan's performance caught on with critics and moviegoers and he quickly became a favorite in Hollywood, appearing in several films a year. He owed some of his good fortune to Bruce Willis, who recommended Duncan for "The Green Mile" after the two appeared together in "Armageddon." Clarke would work with Willis again in "Breakfast of Champions," ''The Whole Nine Yards" and "Sin City."

His industrial-sized build was suited for everything from superhero films ("Daredevil") to comedy ("Talledega Nights," ''School for Scoundrels"). His gravelly baritone alone was good enough for several animated movies, including, "Kung Fu Panda," ''Delgo" and "Brother Bear." Among Clarke's television credits: "The Apprentice," ''The Finder," ''Two and a Half Men" and "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody."

Born in Chicago in 1957, Duncan was raised by a single mother whose resistance to his playing football led to his deciding he wanted to become an actor. But when his mother became ill, he dropped out of college, Alcorn State University, and worked as a ditch digger and bouncer to support her. By his mid-20s, he was in Los Angeles, where he looked for acting parts and became a bodyguard for Will Smith, Jamie Foxx and other stars. The murder of rapper Notorious B.I.G., for whom Duncan had been hired to protect before switching assignments, led him to quit his job and pursue acting full-time.

Early film and television credits, when he was usually cast as a bodyguard or bouncer, included "Bulworth," ''A Night at the Roxbury" and "The Players Club."

RIP Big GUY!!!

Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:04 PM   #2
country flag pierce85

pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54..

Horrible news... His role as the kind hearted giant in the Green Mile was one of the most memorable roles ever, he seemed like such a kind person and had a great smile
pierce85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:12 PM   #3
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Rest in peace, homie.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:14 PM   #4
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

RIP

---------
He was dating Omarosa?!?!?!?!! :vomits:
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:14 PM   #5
country flag Frode
HEADBANGER

Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute

R.I.P.

Aparantly he was every inch as nice as he was big

MONTY PYTHON - O2 ARENA, LONDON - JULY 18
NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE - KOENGEN, BERGEN - AUGUST 1
Frode is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:18 PM   #6
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

RIP!
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:42 PM   #7
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute

So sad. RIP.
Cilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #8
country flag ico4498
My Queen ah di original champion.

ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute

RIP. way too young!

ico4498 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #9
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
RIP

---------
yeah apparently they hit it off immediately and got very close quickly... my sister said she found him and gave him CPR on July 13th until the medics got there.

It seemed like a true attraction when I saw them talking together.
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #10
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Too soon.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #11
country flag Valanga
Zoooooooooom

Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute

Omarosa?

RIP big man

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Valanga is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 03:31 AM   #12
country flag McPie
La Solo Lesbo

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh hell no

The McFanPage | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Proud Older Stepsister of Natasha Nicole, TF Transgender Female Lesbian Duo
McPie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #13
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
RIP

---------
No, he was ENGAGED to Omarosa. In my opinion, that qualifies him for sainthood, even if he wasn't Catholic.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #14
country flag McPie
La Solo Lesbo

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

The McFanPage | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Proud Older Stepsister of Natasha Nicole, TF Transgender Female Lesbian Duo
McPie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #15
country flag Thanos

Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute

i was just thinking about him the other day.

RIP.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote