If the Williams Sisters weren't tennis players- who would've won their slams? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:56 AM   #31
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If the Williams Sisters weren't tennis players- who would've won their slams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
If Graf wasn't a tennis player who would have won her slams, this a stupid thread TBH.
But u sure took the time to come in and even more time to post didn't u?

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #32
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If the Williams Sisters weren't tennis players- who would've won their slams?

There is actually no way we can tell because of the whole butterfly effects. Everything will change, the draw, the ranking, it will even affect all the other slams not won by them.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #33
country flag shoryuken

shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute

It seems Davenport suffered the most
\ /
I IV
serenaslam.tumblr.com
shoryuken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #34
country flag mistymore

mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of

Davenport and Henin would be considered greater than Seles, Connolly, and possibly King and Lenglen, if the Williams sisters didnt exist. Amazing.
mistymore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #35
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoryuken View Post
It seems Davenport suffered the most

She sure did----I remember everyone had all but handed her the trophy at Wimbledon 2000 ... The way Venus especially turned the tables on her after all the beatings when she first came on the tour was amazing...
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #36
country flag Yashal

Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of

Uhm, some were really hard to say

1999 USO Davenport
2002 FO Seles
2002 W Mauresmo
2002 USO Davenport
2003 AO Henin
2003 W Davenport
2005 AO Davenport
2007 AO Sharapova
2008 USO Jankovic
2009 AO Dementieva
2009 W Dementieva
2010 AO Henin or maybe Azarenka
2010 W Kvitova
2012 W Azarenka or Kvitova

2000 W Davenport
2000 USO Davenport
2001 W Davenport
2001 USO Capriati
2005 W Davenport
2007 W maybe Sharapova
2008 W Dementieva maybe

Giorgi - Kvitova - Lisicki - Martic - Muguruza - NaNa - Pennetta - Venus - Vinci
Yashal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 07:32 AM   #37
country flag duhcity
yaaaas jaja u play soooo good

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

lol sorry I love Dinara, but her and Elena would have collapsed in finals against anyone if they had a semblance of a chance, not even if Serena or Venus played in the finals.

My beloved Jelena even - yes she played well, but would you be shocked if she choked set points against say...Dinara in a final? You'd hope Dinara would have gotten better in 08 after the French, but then we saw how she played in 2009.....who would've won if it was Dinara vs. Jelena in 08?

JeJa; Venus; Pavs; Aga; Vika; Kiki; Alize; Keys

tweetweet
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #38
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

Australian Open:
- 2003: Kim Clijsters
- 2005: Maria Sharapova
- 2007: Maria Sharapova
- 2009: Elena Dementieva
- 2010: Justine Henin

French Open:
- 2002: Jennifer Capriati

Wimbledon:
- 2000: Lindsay Davenport
- 2001: Lindsay Davenport
- 2002: Justine Henin
- 2003: Lindsay Davenport
- 2005: Lindsay Davenport
- 2007: Justine Henin
- 2008: Elena Dementieva
- 2009: Elena Dementieva
- 2010: Vera Zvonareva
- 2012: Victoria Azarenka

US Open:
- 1999: Martina Hingis
- 2000: Martina Hingis
- 2001: Kim Clijsters
- 2002: Lindsay Davenport
- 2008: Jelena Jankovic

Olympic Games:
- 2000: Monica Seles
- 2012: Maria Sharapova
alex.2812 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #39
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

The question is would tennis exist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #40
country flag Mattographer
Also known as AlexSydney

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

Davenport

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #41
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it's fun to do this kind of stuff but it's almost impossible to say.

- The whole draw of each major would have been different so we don't know who would have been playing who.

- Power tennis might have stayed at the level Seles brought it to so many playing styles would be different.

- ??
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #42
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdterp01 View Post
But u sure took the time to come in and even more time to post didn't u?
Me too.
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #43
Svetlana)))

Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido brown View Post
this thread just reminded me of the butterfly effect
Right? Was just thinking about that.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #44
country flag machinist

machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all

Dinara and Jelena would both be Slam winners. It would be so well-deserved, I wish it was true.
machinist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #45
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

Dementieva would have so many slams
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote