Is it easy to win matches in challenger qualifying? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #1
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of
Is it easy to win matches in challenger qualifying?

I was thinking I might enter one for fun
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #2
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is it easy to win matches in challenger qualifying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety Darling View Post
I was thinking I might enter one for fun
No. Most of the people that get blown out in challenger qualifying are still top ranked junior or college players nationally. That being said, it shouldn't stop you from entering if you can get in directly/they have empty spots in the draw. I played a men's 75K qualifying event four years ago and got double bageled (and I'm a strong club level player), but loved every minute of it.
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #3
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

really ^ thats so cool, do you have an ATP Profile where was the tournament.
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #4
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareon View Post
really ^ thats so cool, do you have an ATP Profile where was the tournament.
I don't think so. Maybe an ITF one? Hopefully not. It was the Aptos (California) 75K in July 2008. I was doing media work for them and the tournament director and I signed into the doubles qualifying as a half-joke. It turned out only two other teams signed up, so we got directly in . We're both rated 4.5 in the USTA (not sure what that translates to in GB), so good club players, byt we clearly didn't have a chance. They put our match on the stadium court though and we had about 80 or so people watching. Was a little bummed because had I arrived a day earlier, they also had 10 or so open spots for the singles qualifying.

Photo from it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aptos 1.jpg (77.6 KB, 105 views)
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #5
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Thats really cool what is the man in the background doing though... must of been a hell of an experience.
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #6

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryAnnAvants#1 View Post
No. Most of the people that get blown out in challenger qualifying are still top ranked junior or college players nationally. That being said, it shouldn't stop you from entering if you can get in directly/they have empty spots in the draw. I played a men's 75K qualifying event four years ago and got double bageled (and I'm a strong club level player), but loved every minute of it.
Quote:
I don't think so. Maybe an ITF one? Hopefully not. It was the Aptos (California) 75K in July 2008. I was doing media work for them and the tournament director and I signed into the doubles qualifying as a half-joke. It turned out only two other teams signed up, so we got directly in . We're both rated 4.5 in the USTA (not sure what that translates to in GB), so good club players, byt we clearly didn't have a chance. They put our match on the stadium court though and we had about 80 or so people watching. Was a little bummed because had I arrived a day earlier, they also had 10 or so open spots for the singles qualifying.

Photo from it
Thats amazing!! Well done to you Glad you loved it. $75k will alwalys attract a strong field...I was thinking some $10k qualifying in the middle of nowhere
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #7
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Photo from it
Good on you. The pasty legs and non glamorous outfit made me think of Lapushenkova randomly!
Amaze-arenka, Shit-ova and Halep
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, Koukalova, The Other Czechs, Halep, Keys, Townsend, Paszek
Li, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova, Makarova, The Other Russians, Kerber, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #8
country flag New_balls_please

New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute

That's really cool, CoryAnnAvants#1
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #9
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

So cool If you do one, let us know
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #4 (CH Ranking: #4)
Titles: Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #32 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
French Open 2013 Finalist (w/New_balls_please)
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #10
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

a friend of mine asked me to do the same with him: this year Cordenons 75k+H had a lot of byes in the qualies
wouldn't have been too smart of us to do it, but for sure it's great fun

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #11
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Hyun Hui Hong, a player that plays 10ks won 3 games against a top 100 player, Voskoboeva, so I imagine, no.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #12
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Photo from it
Have you told this story before? Sounds really familiar --especially the part with the tournament director. I wish I would've entered some in high school, when I was sharper- too late now.
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #13
CoryAnnAvants#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoAce. View Post
Have you told this story before? Sounds really familiar --especially the part with the tournament director. I wish I would've entered some in high school, when I was sharper- too late now.
Probably when it happened, but not since then
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #14
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute

It's not easy no. I recently played against Kate Green ( who is 24 now ) who is coaching now. She was a good college player, toyed with turning pro and competed at junior Wimbledon. She didn't get anywhere in pros but certainly still cracks a good clean ball. So unless you draw a Dewonder Davis type player yu're gonna lose bad
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #15

I would honestly be happy with winning one game (let alone match) in some random 10k qualifying