Ana's end of the year thread (2012 Asia and Indoor) - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #31
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's end of the year thread (2012 Asia and Indoor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
Many coaches wanted to change Ana's game and mess up with her FH, but Nigel wants her FH to be faster, deeper and more precise...to add more spin to her shots... They work hard on her service ...I could be wrong but it think that's what Olga said.
This is all fine. I just don't understand how she's gonna add spin with those tiny arms. And during USO she said that they will have to work on her serve a lot. I hope they're working already.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #32
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
This is all fine. I just don't understand how she's gonna add spin with those tiny arms. And during USO she said that they will have to work on her serve a lot. I hope they're working already.
Anyone can hit with spin... Ana won't ever have big arm muscles, so it will just be like it has started to be.. an airy shot that doesn't hurt a fly.

Ana's FH should never be spinny.. should be flat to be a weapon again. Only reason she made the QFs of the USO, besides the easy draw, was that she started to flatten out her FH as she always should.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #33
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Thanks again for the info!

If tennis was a competition of niceness Ana would always be top 5. There is way more to talk about that than about Ana's tennis..
She would always lose in finals to Clijsters.
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #34
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
She would always lose in finals to Clijsters.
She'd make up for it in doubles teaming up with Kim against Azarenka&Sharapova
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #35
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
She'd make up for it in doubles teaming up with Kim against Azarenka&Sharapova
in the 1st round?

I like both Masha and Vika, but neither is top 5 in the niceness ranking!

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #36
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
in the 1st round?

I like both Masha and Vika, but neither is top 5 in the niceness ranking!
Yes, unless they fell in qualifying
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #37
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Kim and Ana would be Career Golden Slam winners in doubles, but Ana would be Kim's bint in singles.
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #38
country flag MissF

MissF is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
Morozova was talking much more about Ana's personality. Ana would never pass by Olga without saying hello..." she is a wonderful, polite and generous girl. Well mannered, always smiling and positive". It was hard for her, for Ana herself and her fans (and she said for some journalists and coaches ) to see Ana in a slump, to see her crying at the press conferences because..."everybody loves Ana, she is everybody's darling".

Olga said she'll never forget how nice Ana was to Laura Robson in 2008. Laura was 14 years old and Ana just won RG and became No.1... Morozova worked at that time as Laura's coach and they met Ana in APDP camp. Ana talked to Laura, they trained together a bit and then she went to a restaurant with them. Ana wanted to share her impressions about tennis, APDP program, about the game and preparations. Olga especially liked Ana's cordial relationship with young players..."she was No.1 but at the same time, so natural, down to earth and worm."

Then other commentator said to Olga..."You know, you should talk more about her tennis and this match" , Morozova laughed and said..." I know,i know but i have to say - she is such a nice girl".
I heard this and liked her words so much I always watch tennis on Russian NTV plus network, and all the comms like Ana very much. Anna Dmitrieva (a former Soviet player) often comments her matches and talks about how nice Ana is and that everybody adores her
When they were in Moscow during Fed Cup again there was so much talk about Ana, how happy they were to see her. Alexey Mikhailov, a young comm, said that Ana only needs to walk around for everybody to admire her beauty They went to all her practices.

Olga Morozova seems to be friendly with Nigel Sears and she was very optimistic about Ana's progress. She believed Ana would reach top Ten very soon. And I think we shouldn't be downheartened, after all Morozova is an expert and she must know more details than we do
MissF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #39
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

This forum has been so dead I still can't believe that Ana just made her first USO qf. Super keen for good things in the asian/mm indoor swing. Please win a title or at least make a final, career grandslam qf Ana
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #40
country flag gaviotabr

Well.. Tokyo is just around the corner..

I just read this is the first year of Ana's career that she wont play a single MM tournament..

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #41
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well.. Tokyo is just around the corner..

I just read this is the first year of Ana's career that she wont play a single MM tournament..
The second season, actually. The "MMs" she played in 2008 were tier II events. But she was top 5 back then, so t was OK.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #42
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
The second season, actually. The "MMs" she played in 2008 were tier II events. But she was top 5 back then, so t was OK.
Oh yes.. true.. Linz and Zurich were Tier II back then..

Its a pity the whole european indoor season got reduced and lost importance..

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #43
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

^ There is hope, she could still take a WC to Linz or Lux
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #44
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
^ There is hope, she could still take a WC to Linz or Lux
Not to Lux, Ana decided to play Moscow that same week.

And honestly.. I think she would only remotely consider playing Linz if she flops badly in Beijing.. and I much rather she does really well in Beijing.

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #45
country flag The 2nd Law

Quote:
Not to Lux, Ana decided to play Moscow that same week.

And honestly.. I think she would only remotely consider playing Linz if she flops badly in Beijing.. and I much rather she does really well in Beijing.
Oh gee, my bad. Well yeah you're probably right about Linz. Seoul would have been perfect prep, Tokyo and Beijing aren't exactly going to be easy I really want her to win Tokyo one day, it's one of my fave cities. She came close in 07 I guess.