Ana's end of the year thread (2012 Asia and Indoor) - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:10 AM   #256
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's end of the year thread (2012 Asia and Indoor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I'm not hungry.. Its just that hole you get when you get upset.

You were definitely better off studying.
I eat when I'm upset. And there's a rice pudding in my fridge...

Quote:
I don't know.. honestly.. don't know.. and a faster serve is not good if its not hit inside the box. So many DFs and low 1st serve percentage.

Its not like she is missing tough shots.. Ana was missing ALL shots. Just.. don't know..
you woke up to see that mess
Advertisement

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:11 AM   #257
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

I think the match point summed up this whole thing. Ana had a sitter to her FH.. whole damn court open.. Oprandi had given up on the point.. anywhere on court Ana hit she would win the point.. she looked like she would hit the FH carefully, then overhit it out. Immediately turned around to Nigel and dropped her shoulders as if to say.. I had no luck today!

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:14 AM   #258
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I eat when I'm upset. And there's a rice pudding in my fridge...
I can't eat at all when I'm upset.. All I need to do to lose weight is get upset..

Quote:
you woke up to see that mess
Yes.. should've stayed asleep.. though I was dreaming I was analyzing a contract.. and people kept asking me for legal advice and I kept telling them I had not learned enough yet on my Corporate law class. Though that was still better than watching this mess.

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:14 AM   #259
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

This was one bad day in the office, I watched the first set and a bit of second,too. Nothing worked today although she did try.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:16 AM   #260
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Who knows why it's good, a well-known phrase.
The main problem is that I 'believe' in December 21, there are no many events until that and time flies.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:23 AM   #261
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't eat at all when I'm upset.. All I need to do to lose weight is get upset..
I had a binge eating attack after that horrible match in Miami last year. Following that mess on a scoreboard was so frustrating. In the end I was shaking, I was watching Novak vs. Troicki, I think. But I was shaking. Horrible. Binge eating helped.

Quote:
Yes.. should've stayed asleep.. though I was dreaming I was analyzing a contract.. and people kept asking me for legal advice and I kept telling them I had not learned enough yet on my Corporate law class. Though that was still better than watching this mess.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:26 AM   #262
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I had a binge eating attack after that horrible match in Miami last year. Following that mess on a scoreboard was so frustrating. In the end I was shaking, I was watching Novak vs. Troicki, I think. But I was shaking. Horrible. Binge eating helped.
I was a nervous wreck in a civil law class. I don't think I had dinner that day.

I'm getting better at taking losses though.. I think I'll eat breakfast all right in a few hours.

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:32 AM   #263
country flag Cajka

Quote:
I was a nervous wreck in a civil law class. I don't think I had dinner that day.

I'm getting better at taking losses though.. I think I'll eat breakfast all right in a few hours.
You won't try to sleep anymore?

Well, from what you described, it looks like she played like in that match against Vinci. Someone in GM wrote that she was very pale. I just hope it's not a bug.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:36 AM   #264
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
You won't try to sleep anymore?

Well, from what you described, it looks like she played like in that match against Vinci. Someone in GM wrote that she was very pale. I just hope it's not a bug.
I am.. I'm going to go to sleep now..

Ana was very pale. VERY flat. But I don't think it was a bug to be honest.. hopefully not. It was like the Vinci match, brutal errors flowing from everywhere without any attempt at slowing down the rhythm/trying to do different. In that Vinci match Ana had the foot injury.. hopefully she is at least ok now.

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:39 AM   #265
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Ana, call me maybe sometimes when you stage me such gross.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:48 AM   #266
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Heh...the field in Linz: Azarenka, Cibulkova ,Gorges ,Lisicki ,Safarova ,Vinci ,Barthel ,Hantuchova ,Petkovic ,Pironkova ,Wicky, Paszek, Oprandi, Rus, Martic, Benesova, Cirstea...
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:36 AM   #267
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
Heh...the field in Linz: Azarenka, Cibulkova ,Gorges ,Lisicki ,Safarova ,Vinci ,Barthel ,Hantuchova ,Petkovic ,Pironkova ,Wicky, Paszek, Oprandi, Rus, Martic, Benesova, Cirstea...
Meh... If she doesn't play better, it's irrelevant. She lost to Ula, Romina, she almost lost to Lepchenko. If she plays well, Vinci, Domi and Azarenka will be the only dangerous opponents. Most of these players are not in form + Ana is much better than them even when they are in form.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:51 AM   #268
country flag Linguae^

I only saw Oprandi in that list, others are scrubs.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:42 AM   #269
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh I just can't with her What the flying f**k? I mean, I can't even expect her to win against Romina freaking Oprandi now? Honestly, Oprandi just had to stand there and the errors came. The thing is, she was missing by miles, yet did nothing to change her game plan at all. It's like dark old days in 2009 and early 2010. I mean you'd think after reaching her first GS QF in like a million years, she'd actually kick on to better things. First she loses to Ula, then she loses to Oprandi It's always one step forward, two steps backwards. All the time. Where is the progress? Nowhere. Her game is a mess, her brain is a mess, her fitness is a mess

I honestly don't care anymore if that was too harsh. She's not a spring chicken anymore. She's 25 now. This has been going on for four years. And there's no sign it's ever going to end She may be two spots away from the top 10, but in reality, she's not even close. This was almost worse than the Vinci match. Watching her play like that really does suck all the hope out of you. I mean, what was that? Sigh. I don't know anymore. This just fking hurts. Such a brilliant chance to get to the QF. You'd think getting over Ana losses would be easy by now. It hurts just as bad as it has done in the past. Whatever.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:47 AM   #270
country flag Linguae^

It was just that Oprandi is a versatile player and Ana has no plan B, especially on this surface, she just wants to whack the ball. I hope she approaches more seriously in Linz, she is always good there.