USO QF: [4] S.Williams defeats [12] Ivanovic 6-1 6-3 - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #121
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: USO QF: [4] S.Williams narrowly defeats [12] Ivanovic 6-1 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
and what's wrong with being realistic? expectations (or should i say hopes) are not really low, quite the opposite i'd say. people still believe. or they wouldn't be there in the first place. so, expectations are not going down. however, it is ana and not her fans that will have to deliver
If hoping that Arvidsson is feeling generous and plays poorly so Ana can beat her is being realistic and hopeful and thinking favorably of Ana, then yeah, Ana's fans are realistic and hopeful.

And it's too bad that apparently Ana fans will be the last ones to observe the influence and correlation b/w what's written on this board and how players are treated and in turn act.

Besides, if Masha were realistic when she was playing Serena back in 2004 (the famous "I thought I had a 50-50 chance -win or lose" - quote) she would never have won Wimby.
Champions (and the rest of us, too) need to dream. Realism is what you need BETWEEN the tournaments. With Ana it is the opposite. In between the tournos she believes she can have everything click without adequate preparation (dreaming), and then when matches come, she is striving for bare minimum - not to get embarassed.
Fine, she did so. It's her new realism. Celebrate the QF. :ajde:

And tennisbum is not the first to observe some sort of similarity between a player and their fanbase. Sadly in Ana's case, the link is compliance.

Last edited by JAS_ : Sep 6th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #122
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
If hoping that Arvidsson is feeling generous and plays poorly so Ana can beating her is being realistic and hopeful and thinking favorably of Ana, then yeah, Ana's fans are realistic and hopeful.
Since this is from my post, you apparently still think that I'm a hater in disguise.

Ana got double bageled by Vinci first, then she had a problem to break the serve of the weaponless teenager in R1. I'm sorry, after that it was hard to believe that she was gonna beat Sofia easily. Her form didn't look promising. Of course, my post about Sofia was a joke, because Sofia said that she didn't even know who was in her draw, so I wrote this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
If she doesn't care about the draw, she could really be a good friend and not even try to challenge her.
And I believed in Ana for a very long time, believe it or not, the positivity didn't help. In fact, she reached the QF when her fans almost gave up on her, after the match against Vinci.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #123
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Since this is from my post, you apparently still think that I'm a hater in disguise.

Ana got double bageled by Vinci first, then she had a problem to break the serve of the weaponless teenager in R1. I'm sorry, after that it was hard to believe that she was gonna beat Sofia easily. Her form didn't look promising. Of course, my post about Sofia was a joke, because Sofia said that she didn't even know who was in her draw, so I wrote this:

And I believed in Ana for a very long time, believe it or not, the positivity didn't help. In fact, she reached the QF when her fans almost gave up on her, after the match against Vinci.
To be honest I have no idea who said what, for this particular one I was convinced it was Izzy's. To me they are all pretty much alike. In fact azdaja and Linguae's posts are the only ones that stand out as the ones that have some belief and reflect stuff I would like to here if I were going out to compete.

To me, fandom without belief is a contradiction. Occasional, yes, constant lack of faith, no. Not really. It is then either fake or a habbit.
But maybe that's just me and my definition of fandom.
I know one thing though: if I were a coach of Ana's I would forbid her to read that forum. The last thing I would want her to read before going to compete is constant reminders of my lowest points and never being able to move on.
And conversely if I were a coach of Ana's opponent, I would advise her to read that forum before the match. It lays out all of Ana's weaknesses in bare light and strips her of any semblance of winner.

On the other hand, if there is material I would like to read, it's Serena's fans jabbering. They practically make her a goddess and immortal - as if she will play forever. That's not realism, mind you, but it is beneficial both for boosting her confidence as well as freaking mental weaklings out.

Of course Ana's fans like to present writing in a forum as consequential to the player's performance, but the correlation goes both ways.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #124
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: USO QF BOMBSHELL!!!!!1!: Ivanovic gets her revenge on Serena, wins 4 games (6-1 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanban View Post
Anči not beating a single top 40 player en route to quarter final, your favs could never
Kvitova made RG SF not beating a top60 player.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #125
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
you are so stupid, Serena has also a cake draw
Is Ivanihoe part of that cake mix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #126
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is Ivanihoe part of that cake mix?
Undoubtedly.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #127
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: USO QF: [4] S.Williams defeats [12] Ivanovic 6-1 6-3

Ana played well, too bad she didn't win.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #128
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute
Re: USO QF BOMBSHELL!!!!!1!: Ivanovic gets her revenge on Serena, wins 4 games (6-1 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
Kvitova made RG SF not beating a top60 player.
I should pick my favs more carefully
ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #129
country flag nadlinds

nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of

Amazing win Serena.

Keep going.

VENUS WILLIAMS ~ 7 TIME GRAND SLAM SINGLES CHAMPION.

SERENA & VENUS WILLIAMS ~ 13 TIME GRAND SLAM DOUBLES CHAMPIONS.

SERENA AND VENUS WILLIAMS ~ THE 2 GREATEST SISTERS SUPERSTARS OF ALL TIME.
nadlinds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #130
country flag Chip.

Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
you are so stupid, Serena has also a cake draw
And that means that Ana didn't?
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #131
Kairi

Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Ana played well, too bad for Maria she didn't win.
Kairi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #132
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

b-i-c-t-h!

Quote:
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:09 AM   #133
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To me, fandom without belief is a contradiction. Occasional, yes, constant lack of faith, no. Not really. It is then either fake or a habbit.
When you get used to disappointments, negativity becomes a habit. I think that posters who don't approve negativity in Ana's forum should post more often. Maybe that place is too dark, many posters have left, other posters are disappointed, maybe those who feel different should bring some positivity, if it's not forced positivity.

And if I was Ana's coach, I would forbid her reading opinions on Internet in general. Her coach could read some opinions, but Ana... Noooo!
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:22 AM   #134
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Better luck next draw VIP.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #135
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know one thing though: if I were a coach of Ana's I would forbid her to read that forum. The last thing I would want her to read before going to compete is constant reminders of my lowest points and never being able to move on.
And conversely if I were a coach of Ana's opponent, I would advise her to read that forum before the match. It lays out all of Ana's weaknesses in bare light and strips her of any semblance of winner.

On the other hand, if there is material I would like to read, it's Serena's fans jabbering. They practically make her a goddess and immortal - as if she will play forever. That's not realism, mind you, but it is beneficial both for boosting her confidence as well as freaking mental weaklings out.
i think every fanbase would be like that if their fave were like serena.

some fans like to analyse things to the extreme. it's kinda like when football fans discuss which players they would put in which position and which formation they would use. so, even when things are going well they won't be satisfied (ana won but this or that aspect of her game was not good etc). however, that's certainly not because expectations are low, quite the opposite.

i would agree that fear and negativity should have no place among ana fans when she is playing lesser players. she has been way too consistent against them for a year now. sure, she still can have a bad day and lose badly but that can happen even to the best. it doesn't matter that some aspects of her game didn't work in one match. she might be fine in the next one. i'm also sure ana would already be a top 10 player if she had a slightly different schedule. so, save worries for matches against top players.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote