USO QF: (10) Errani def. (20) Vinci 6-2, 6-4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #1
country flag sxeraserhead

sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold
USO QF: (10) Errani def. (20) Vinci 6-2, 6-4

Matches like this really expose how overrated Radwanska's craftiness is. Errani simply targeted Vinci's backhand and broke it down completely. Radwanska isn't even capable of varying her spin enough to replicate this tactic.

Also at everyone in the Radwanska - Vinci thread saying Vinci had real variety when she is terrified to use her drive backhand 99% of the time.

Congrats to Errani, she is such a tactically sound player. If the player on the other side of the net has a weakness, she will not pass it by.

Also congrats to Vinci for a great run over the hardcourt season well deserved slam QF for her career

Last edited by sxeraserhead : Sep 5th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
sxeraserhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #2
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: USO QF: (10) Errani def. (20) Vinci 6-2, 6-4

Errani showed why she's the higher ranked player. And to tell you the truth, Vinci is not much taller than her.

Errani slays all normal sized, passive and underpowered foes (and of course it helps if you're her doubles partner, and knows her weaknesses).

Maybe Roberta wasn't as cut throat as Sara, playing her partner?

And I like Vinci. Congrats to Sara.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #3
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Boring match, to be honest. So flat. Never seen Sara with so little emotion. Very understandable though. The hug at the net was super cute, so was Sara applauding Roby as she left the court.

I still can't believe Sara's year.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #4
country flag rnwerner

rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future

That was the worst Slam QF in years.

Kvitova - Kanepi WI 2010 came to my mind, but no.

Vinci was beyond ridiculous. No backhand was not sliced. None.
[FITD]: Budapest 2013
[FITD Doubles]: Madrid 2013 und Dubai 2014 [Q-Ball]: Brisbane 2013 und Madrid 2014
rnwerner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #5
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

hope she win the next match
King Halep is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #6
country flag dexter87

dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice

Vinci would have troubled Errani much more if only she'd used her slice backhand a bit more often.

Errani
dexter87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #7
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

What a year...

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #8
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised if Serena got another double bagel in the Semis

But well done to Errani, this has been such a surprising tournament
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #9
country flag Dado90

Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of

how mentally tennis could be

Roberta
Sara cograts ANW now she is almost safe of Istanbul qualification

SAFINA - NA LI
Dado90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #10
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Vinci is errorprone and it was NID Errani would outgrind her, Vinci also has more trouble to finish at the net obviously as ERrani is also very solid there.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #11
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Errani now heading for #7 This is just getting insane. I know everyone thought that Kerber was a lock for the most improved player of the year, but surely Errani is going to get that now?

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #12
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute

Expected, well done Sara amazing year for her. Top 5 here she comes
Too bad she doesn't have any success in big tournaments outside of slams, but maybe this will come soon.
olivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #13
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

NID...Vinci has no game to hurt Errani...it has been an aufwull match, but it was to expect...

big lol @ everyones who said Errani cant play no HC and her RG run was a fluke...2 GS semis in just one year...

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles : Dubai '14, Charleston '14, Bastad '14

FITD Titles : Istanbul '14
Madoka is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #14
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

Roberta was horrible but as always I´m able to find some possitive things on this run, she was playing well enough last weeks, so I´m not mad because of this match.

LOL @ people surprised Vinci has using slice backhand that much, you surely aren´t watching girls outside TOP 15, are you?
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #15
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute

Vinci Wanted you to win. Errani in a hardcourt GS semi
A-Bond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote