Petra’s Asian Outdoor Hard Court Swings – Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Doha - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #391
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra’s Asian Outdoor Hard Court Swings – Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Doha

So I guess Petra's not in Linz?

If so; if not....
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #392
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
So I guess Petra's not in Linz?

If so; if not....
I think even if Vika withdrew now her spot would be given to LL not Petra but Vika probably play 1 or 2 games then go home or just cruze to 6th title
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #393
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
I think even if Vika withdrew now her spot would be given to LL not Petra but Vika probably play 1 or 2 games then go home or just cruze to 6th title
Who's/what's LL?

And I don't think Vika will drop out. Why give Petra any advantage (especially after losing 4X to her, and now she's #1)?

Petra better find a tournament elsewhere.

Plus, the way these things work with the top 10 players is, they try to move them around with these MM and Premiers.

Realistically, they don't always play the same tournament two years in a row anyway.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #394
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Who's/what's LL?

And I don't think Vika will drop out. Why give Petra any advantage (especially after losing 4X to her, and now she's #1)?

Petra better find a tournament elsewhere.

Plus, the way these things work with the top 10 players is, they try to move them around with these MM and Premiers.

Realistically, they don't always play the same tournament two years in a row anyway.
Begu has guarantee LL spot and currently there are none tournaments on WTA circle where Petra can get in before YEC
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #395
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Begu has guarantee LL spot and currently there are none tournaments on WTA circle where Petra can get in before YEC
Oh, expect some bad matches by Petra, unless she can some how find a way to play Errani, Radwanska and maybe Kerber (I could be forgetting some players) her first three matches. I think Bartoli will be in as well, if Serena doesn't go.

Petra also better serve really well, I might say.

But she has no one to blame but herself. So we'll see?
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #396
country flag ShiftyFella

I'm hopping she rebounds like she did after Olympics and GOAT stepping up similar to last year YEC but it will depend how well she is after that horrible stomach bug
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #397
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
I'm hopping she rebounds like she did after Olympics and GOAT stepping up similar to last year YEC but it will depend how well she is after that horrible stomach bug
Yeah, I forgot about that stomach. Which is why, you gotta take every match and tournament seriously, cause you never know what's going to happen in the next one.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #398
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

I was rewatching my DVR recording of the New Haven final the other day and then I watched the Rogers Cup final after that...I really hope Petra can summon some of that finals energy at the YEC. Otherwise she'll get killed by Vika/Serena and her confidence will be too low to beat Pova. (Of course, knowing the YEC she will be in the same group as Vika/Serena/Pova...)
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #399
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
(Of course, knowing the YEC she will be in the same group as Vika/Serena/Pova...)
I think she can end up only with the two of these, because of ranking. Her toughest group would be probably Sharpie, Serena and Li or - given Azarenka's recent form and ownage of Pova - Azarenka, Serena and Li.

And welcome to the subforum
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #400
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

I guess that's the thing about YEC, no matter what group you're in it's tough

And thank you!
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #401
country flag steni

steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Oh, expect some bad matches by Petra, unless she can some how find a way to play Errani, Radwanska and maybe Kerber (I could be forgetting some players) her first three matches. I think Bartoli will be in as well, if Serena doesn't go.

Petra also better serve really well, I might say.

But she has no one to blame but herself. So we'll see?
And return well too otherwise this girls are gonna give her a big spank (except Errani I hope)
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #402
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
And return well too otherwise this girls are gonna give her a big spank (except Errani I hope)
Yeah, I thought about returning to. But it's not always decisive as serving, so I left it alone.

Petra can beat Errani and Radwanska. And it's iffy with Kerber, depending on how tired or passive Kerber plays.

But Petra also has to hit the ball onto the little purple court. No?
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #403
country flag steni

steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yeah, I thought about returning to. But it's not always decisive as serving, so I left it alone.

Petra can beat Errani and Radwanska. And it's iffy with Kerber, depending on how tired or passive Kerber plays.

But Petra also has to hit the ball onto the little purple court. No?
Do you think she has enough time to recover physically and mentally?
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #404
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Do you think she has enough time to recover physically and mentally?
Who knows?

With Petra, especially at this time of the year--this year, it's almost impossible to say.

Hopefully the city of Instanbul, the courts and colors/smell of the Arena would revitalize her. Petra's such a mess sometimes.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #405
country flag steni

Quote:
Who knows?

With Petra, especially at this time of the year--this year, it's almost impossible to say.

Hopefully the city of Instanbul, the courts and colors/smell of the Arena would revitalize her. Petra's such a mess sometimes.
So I will just wait for the worse

Btw what Petra's shot is your favorite?