Petra’s Asian Outdoor Hard Court Swings – Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Doha - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 10:33 PM   #346
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of
Re: Petra’s Asian Outdoor Hard Court Swings – Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Doha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Despite the scoreline, I still think Petra had a boat load of UE's in that match.

Masha doesn't usually hit a lot of winners in their matches, or even generally (though that was probably the lowest Petra ever hit in one of their matches). She's turned into a power grinder of sorts, unless she's playing a underpowered opponent.

Poor Petra. She could have won a French Open, if she would have just found a way to get by Martha.

Now with Serena playing much better (though we really don't know what's going to happen with her, especially at her age), Petra won't have the opportunities that she did at the first two slams this year, and is going to have to really improve [unless Sharapova drops off] to get through the draw.

Doesn't these realities (she could have won 1-2 majors last year, wth Serena playing better) inspire her to both play and get better?
Yeah its pretty sad but I think in that specific match, Sharapova was more prepare, I still remember a backhand slice that Petra threw at Sharapova and she returned a forehand slice back that landed short but Petra couldn't get it because she needed to slide and she doesn't know how to do that, so Sharapova exposed Petra's limitations on clay just that.
I think Petra isnt motivated, things changed after the AO semi...
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 11:09 PM   #347
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Yeah its pretty sad but I think in that specific match, Sharapova was more prepare, I still remember a backhand slice that Petra threw at Sharapova and she returned a forehand slice back that landed short but Petra couldn't get it because she needed to slide and she doesn't know how to do that, so Sharapova exposed Petra's limitations on clay just that.
I think Petra isnt motivated, things changed after the AO semi...
Yeah, I remember that slice perfectly well. You would have thought that Masha would've never gotten to that. But I also think Petra is easily frustrated, when things don't go her way--when she expects to. Because I've seen Masha handle slices before, and she's usually not very good at dealing with them. But Petra just gave up (as she did on some poor slice attempts during the Australian open).

As far as the post Aussie Open frustration, Petra had to realize things weren't going to be as easy as last year, cause the competition had gotten better (Masha and Serena), while Petra wasn't playing as well.

She's gotta dedicate herself, instead of just waiting for the moment she's playing lights out tennis again to win.

Petra needs to be more consistently excellent against every opponent, or play top flight tennis at the majors and big tournaments, if she can't.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 11:40 PM   #348
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah, I remember that slice perfectly well. You would have thought that Masha would've never gotten to that. But I also think Petra is easily frustrated, when things don't go her way--when she expects to. Because I've seen Masha handle slices before, and she's usually not very good at dealing with them. But Petra just gave up (as she did on some poor slice attempts during the Australian open).

As far as the post Aussie Open frustration, Petra had to realize things weren't going to be as easy as last year, cause the competition had gotten better (Masha and Serena), while Petra wasn't playing as well.

She's gotta dedicate herself, instead of just waiting for the moment she's playing lights out tennis again to win.

Petra needs to be more consistently excellent against every opponent, or play top flight tennis at the majors and big tournaments, if she can't.
But I think before and during AO things were even, Petra was playing good enough...
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 05:24 AM   #349
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
But it would mean going straight to Istanbul from Moscow - unless she bombs out early again of course
If she had the week off during Osaka/Linz,Petra could probably handle the Moscow/YEC double;it'd be a helluva lot better than her team's USO Series scheduling travesty that may've cost her another Slam

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 11:53 AM   #350
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard Sam Smith on Eurosport say that apparently Petra and Anastasia Pavluchenckova have the same stomach virus, which was the same one that Sabine had last year and Schiavone had the year before that

She said they are dropping like flies and Petra and Pavs have not moved from their bed.

Hope they both recover soon.
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM   #351
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
Just heard Sam Smith on Eurosport say that apparently Petra and Anastasia Pavluchenckova have the same stomach virus, which was the same one that Sabine had last year and Schiavone had the year before that

She said they are dropping like flies and Petra and Pavs have not moved from their bed.

Poor Petra.

She's not as bad as Sabine. But something always happening to her.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 01:20 PM   #352

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Poor Petra.

One consolation..... maybe next time we see her the belly would have disappeared

I'm just joking .... I hope she feels better soon because it's not pleasant; it really isn't. I had similar when I went to Morocco and it ruined my whole holiday.
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 01:26 PM   #353
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks for info. With Sam Stosur losing today, it seems that Petra has already qualified for YEC anyway.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 01:29 PM   #354
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One consolation..... maybe next time we see her the belly would have disappeared

I'm just joking .... I hope she feels better soon because it's not pleasant; it really isn't. I had similar when I went to Morocco and it ruined my whole holiday.
That's what I was saying yesterday. Lot of Europeans catch these viruses when travelling to North Africa/Arabia - Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, etc. and it's often related to food.
The hygiene standards in Europe are higher so I would be very careful eating outside of McDonalds or Subway when travelling across these countries
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 02:01 PM   #355
country flag steni

How could she got that? I thought Kotyza was her cook? Or isnt just in the food?
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 02:01 PM   #356
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Poor Petra.

uncharted territory of asia, btw, when she pulled out of dubai earlier this year, did she withdraw on site or she didn't even make the trip?
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 02:07 PM   #357
country flag Petronius

Quote:
How could she got that? I thought Kotyza was her cook? Or isnt just in the food?
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 02:11 PM   #358
country flag steni

Right Kotyza is her cook, coach, trainer, stylist...
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 02:45 PM   #359
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bartoli brought cake from Guangzhou from which she caught hers GI

btw, I hope Petra recovers soon and be in tip-top shape for YEC and Fed Cup, also would be really hungry to win some games
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 03:39 PM   #360

Well ..... she's definitely "Shitra" at the moment

She'll also definitely be hungry, but first I think it will be for food and then matches

She should be OK in a few days .... hopefully