Petra’s Asian Outdoor Hard Court Swings – Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Doha - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM   #331
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra’s Asian Outdoor Hard Court Swings – Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Doha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
What a dismal season.
And yet the girl is still in TOP 5. But now she's got lots to defend: Linz title, YEC title, Sydney semi, AO semi...
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 07:15 PM   #332
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

^probably the most important of all, Fed Cup
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 07:16 PM   #333
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
And yet the girl is still in TOP 5. But now she's got lots to defend: Linz title, YEC title, Sydney semi, AO semi...
Linz title?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 07:21 PM   #334
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Linz title?
Yeah, good old times

But she won't be allowed to.
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 07:28 PM   #335
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Come on guys isnt the end of the world, even if she played like shit the whole year, she got good results.
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 07:32 PM   #336
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yeah, good old times

But she won't be allowed to.
Unless Vika pulls out - which I doubt she will, as it's probably the best prep for YEC (with a week off).

So in the Spirit of the ILuvKvitty comeback concert, should Petra go "♫ back in the USSR ♫" and seek a Kremlin Cup wildcard? (the scene of last year's Fed Cup triumph)

But it would mean going straight to Istanbul from Moscow - unless she bombs out early again of course
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 07:44 PM   #337
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
Unless Vika pulls out - which I doubt she will, as it's probably the best prep for YEC (with a week off).

So in the Spirit of the ILuvKvitty comeback concert, should Petra go "♫ back in the USSR ♫" and seek a Kremlin Cup wildcard? (the scene of last year's Fed Cup triumph)

But it would mean going straight to Istanbul from Moscow - unless she bombs out early again of course
One piece of good news though. She's comfortable with Turkey/Istanbul. She spent her fitness camp there this (and last) year, probably got there via the Istanbul airport/hotel.

So it should feel like an 'indoor event in good old Europe and in a well-known city'.

So in the comeback concert spirit: "♫ I've got to admit it's getting better. A little better all the time ♫"
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 08:01 PM   #338
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One piece of good news though. She's comfortable with Turkey/Istanbul. She spent her fitness camp there this (and last) year, probably got there via the Istanbul airport/hotel.

So it should feel like an 'indoor event in good old Europe and in a well-known city'.

So in the comeback concert spirit: "♫ I've got to admit it's getting better. A little better all the time ♫"
carrying on the spirit and looking forward to the Yec "♫ Don't let me down, don't let me down... ♫ "
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 08:09 PM   #339
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks, looks like another unforced error horror-show. I was afraid that she was actually outplayed by Navarro

The problem is that even the world's best players sometimes hit too many UE. The same happened to Federer in the RG semi and in the US Open QF.

However, in Petra's case this happens way too much often

Enjoy your time in Beijing!
I havent actually seen her get outplayed by anyone. Her losses are always on her racquet.
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 08:18 PM   #340
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
I havent actually seen her get outplayed by anyone. Her losses are always on her racquet.
Good for you that you didn't see the RG semi.
It was Wimbledon final upside down, Sharpie cheating or not.
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 08:29 PM   #341
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
carrying on the spirit and looking forward to the Yec "♫ Don't let me down, don't let me down... ♫ "
It's definitely going to be a 'Long and Winding Road', but for now just 'Let it Be', because 'Tomorrow Never Knows'
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 08:33 PM   #342
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's definitely going to be a 'Long and Winding Road', but for now just 'Let it Be', because 'Tomorrow Never Knows'

Well let's hope it all "Comes together, RIGHT NOW!!!"
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 08:54 PM   #343
country flag steni

Quote:
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM   #344
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
Well let's hope it all "Comes together, RIGHT NOW!!!"
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 10:02 PM   #345
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good for you that you didn't see the RG semi.
It was Wimbledon final upside down, Sharpie cheating or not.
Despite the scoreline, I still think Petra had a boat load of UE's in that match.

Masha doesn't usually hit a lot of winners in their matches, or even generally (though that was probably the lowest Petra ever hit in one of their matches). She's turned into a power grinder of sorts, unless she's playing a underpowered opponent.

Poor Petra. She could have won a French Open, if she would have just found a way to get by Martha.

Now with Serena playing much better (though we really don't know what's going to happen with her, especially at her age), Petra won't have the opportunities that she did at the first two slams this year, and is going to have to really improve [unless Sharapova drops off] to get through the draw.

Doesn't these realities (she could have won 1-2 majors last year, wth Serena playing better) inspire her to both play and get better?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote