Petra’s Asian Outdoor Hard Court Swings – Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Doha - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #226
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future
Re: Petra’s Asian Outdoor Hard Court Swings – Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Doha

Quote:
“In Tokyo, I had three double faults in the first game, so it’s not very often to have that for me, but that I can improve for sure,” Kvitova said. “I tried today to practice in the wind, but it’s not that easy.”
Quote:
It was different conditions and we played indoor and I didn’t feel very comfortable,” Kvitova said. “But it’s not like something happened and I hope that I can improve my game here.”
http://www.chinaopen.com.cn/en/news/.../1940445.shtml
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #227
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post

PS: I'm not sure how much Sharapova and Vika will show up or play well in Beijing, but we'll see?

And yes, Aga (Da Vulture) Radwanska is the final again guys, trying to defend those points.
play several games/matches then withdraw, my guess
TimeyWimey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #228
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

also i feel getting slow following these mandatour tournies at this time of the year
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #229
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Let's be honest guys, who expected Radwanska-Petrova final?

Show your true colors
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #230
country flag steni

steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
BYE Aga- Petrova - Kerber - Stosur (Tokyo last 4)
Really? I didnt know they do that like that... Weird!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #231
country flag steni

steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Speaking about Beijing (not that I understand everything you guys wrote). Lol.

The young lady, Petra Martic, that beat Kvitova in Tokyo, lost in the first round to Puchova 6-2 6-2 in Beijing. SMH

Oh My Petra (Kvitova).

PS: I'm not sure how much Sharapova and Vika will show up or play well in Beijing, but we'll see?

And yes, Aga (Da Vulture) Radwanska is the final again guys, trying to defend those points.
I know, I was thinking the same... Our Petra
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #232
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
dani? should be easy stuff for Petra, even she's to play the very first day
I'm not sure if anything is easy for Petra at this point, till she proves otherwise.

And remember, Beijing is not a Grand Slam or important Grand slam warm up for Dani to choke on.

Who knows? Maybe Dani will be relaxed and play her game, if Petra's still going walkabout.

I hope Petra wins. And we know Dani plays into Petra's game. But you never know?

I hope Petra's motivated.

Good Luck Petra.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #233
country flag TimeyWimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Let's be honest guys, who expected Radwanska-Petrova final?

Show your true colors
can i just give these tournaments a ?
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #234
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

It was almost the same last time except it was Petkovic, and before that Wozniacki won it so shitfest is usual
Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #235
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

“In Tokyo, I had three double faults in the first game, so it’s not very often to have that for me, but that I can improve for sure,” Kvitova said. “I tried today to practice in the wind, but it’s not that easy.”
Quote:
It was different conditions and we played indoor and I didn’t feel very comfortable,” Kvitova said. “But it’s not like something happened and I hope that I can improve my game here.”

What is all that? I didn’t feel very comfortable playing indoor and thats why I was serving like crap?

You lost to someone who couldnt win two matches in a row, how do you explain that
Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #236
country flag steni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Quote:

What is all that? I didn’t feel very comfortable playing indoor and thats why I was serving like crap?

You lost to someone who couldnt win two matches in a row, how do you explain that
So weird, she didn't say why she wasn't comfortable? Who knows what kind of BS goes through her mind when things aren't easy...
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #237
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Quote:

Maybe it's a problem in the translation (from Chinese, Petra or Paulmara, whatever), but it does sound like dribble from Petra.

So Kvitova lost that match vs Martic with the roofed closed? If so, I didn't know that.

Well, if this is true, there goes your indoor hardcourt streak guys (though it was a retractable, as opposed to a fixed roof, so Petra's still got that record to hold on to).

But then again, how could the roof had been closed when the serving was so poor?

It seems to me, like Petra was cryptically speaking about her practice in Beijing, as well.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #238
country flag TimeyWimey

not comfortable for outdoor, not comfortable for indoor? now we have a solution, we have retractable roof!
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #239
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
So weird, she didn't say why she wasn't comfortable? Who knows what kind of BS goes through her mind when things aren't easy...

Oh, she wasn't "comfortable", so she didn't fight?

The other thing is, Petra's the #5 ranked player in the world. There's a reason why Martic was ranked 72. As poor as we think Petra can play in many of these opening rds off of layoffs, unless the opposition plays lights out (which is rare), they usually lose. Many times these lower ranked players make mistakes, choke and take on court siesta's. That's why top ranked players usually win those matches when they play poorly.

Petra on the other hand (as Melange said), lost to a player that hadn't won two matches in a row since the French Open.

Embarrassing.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #240
country flag steni

Somebody knows who pays to Kotyza, Petra or Prostejov?