Does Sharapova marketing machine pay bonuses to announcers? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:09 AM   #1
country flag Marty-Dom

Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute
Does Sharapova marketing machine pay bonuses to announcers?

I'm at a loss of words. Every single announcer on the Tennis Channel is praising Maria whether she plays well or not. It's like an episode of the Twilight Zone. Navratilova is all up Sharapova's ass, to the point where she could report on what Maria had for lunch, praising her gutsy serving, right before a double fault, then she skips the commentary all together until the next point. It's comical. The only explanation I can see is that Maria's management or public relations pays for positive commentary. I just can't see that a knowledgeable commentator such as Navratilova or Davenport would withhold legitimate criticism, unless they were paid to do so.
Marty-Dom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:10 AM   #2
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Sharapova marketing machine pay bonuses to announcers?

I don't get it either . Ted Robinson is the worst .

Predictability is way too boring.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:10 AM   #3
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

That's how it's been since Wimbledon 2004. Don't even get me started with Dick Enberg, he's on her vag like there's no tomorrow.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:12 AM   #4
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, another grand for every mention of "And she won Wimbledon at 17!"
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:12 AM   #5
country flag JeMa

JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of

Because everyone loves Maria Sharapova

Maria Li Venus Marion Madison
JeMa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:12 AM   #6
country flag atominside

atominside has much to be proud of atominside has much to be proud of atominside has much to be proud of atominside has much to be proud of atominside has much to be proud of atominside has much to be proud of atominside has much to be proud of atominside has much to be proud of atominside has much to be proud of atominside has much to be proud of atominside has much to be proud of

Navratilova doesnt like sharapova
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:12 AM   #7
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty-Dom View Post
I'm at a loss of words. Every single announcer on the Tennis Channel is praising Maria whether she plays well or not. It's like an episode of the Twilight Zone. Navratilova is all up Sharapova's ass, to the point where she could report on what Maria had for lunch, praising her gutsy serving, right before a double fault, then she skips the commentary all together until the next point. It's comical. The only explanation I can see is that Maria's management or public relations pays for positive commentary. I just can't see that a knowledgeable commentator such as Navratilova or Davenport would withhold legitimate criticism, unless they were paid to do so.
US commentators?

49-6
Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:13 AM   #8
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

if it's true, Chris Evert is working too good for that money ))))

TF , are you serious? Lindsay Davenpoport and Navratilova being payed for nice comments is not even delusional, it's a complete and utter bullshit
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:19 AM   #9
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Haters gonna hate lol

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:21 AM   #10
country flag hingisGOAT

hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny, I don't think there's ever been a bigger gulf between the commentators and the fans. The crowd never roots for Sharapova, tennis fans generally think she is an unlikeable, boring, robotic cheating twat. But commentators are all about Maria!

Honestly though commentators get paid to promote the sport, the higher the ratings the more they get paid, the more they talk up their manly ass glamazon girl, the more people they hope will watch.

BTW even Chanda Rubin and her male co-commentator on USO Live were up her ass.
In tennis history, no top player has suffered more beat-downs in big matches than Vulturepova T1 R16 2-6 1-6 AM | T1 SF0-6 0-6 LD | T1 F 3-6 1-6 MH | AO F 1-6 2-6 SW | T1 R16 1-6 1-6 SW | RG SF 1-6 1-6 AI | Wimbledon SF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 QF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 F 4-6 1-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | T1 F 1-6 4-6 VA | T1 SF 1-6 2-6 Woz | AO F 3-6 0-6 VA | T1 F 2-6 3-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | Olympics F 0-6 1-6 SW | T1 F 3-6 1-6 VA
hingisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:22 AM   #11
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The crowd never roots for Sharapova, tennis fans generally think she is an unlikeable, boring, robotic cheating twat. But commentators are all about Maria!
really? were you watching the match today?
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:23 AM   #12
country flag hingisGOAT

hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
really? were you watching the match today?
You are DELUDED if you think Maria had more crowd support than Petrova.

Which is sad b/c Petrova is the least popular and least famous player in the top 20
In tennis history, no top player has suffered more beat-downs in big matches than Vulturepova T1 R16 2-6 1-6 AM | T1 SF0-6 0-6 LD | T1 F 3-6 1-6 MH | AO F 1-6 2-6 SW | T1 R16 1-6 1-6 SW | RG SF 1-6 1-6 AI | Wimbledon SF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 QF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 F 4-6 1-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | T1 F 1-6 4-6 VA | T1 SF 1-6 2-6 Woz | AO F 3-6 0-6 VA | T1 F 2-6 3-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | Olympics F 0-6 1-6 SW | T1 F 3-6 1-6 VA
hingisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:26 AM   #13
country flag Hiko

Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light

I'm pretty sure this HingisGOAT person has been eating lead paint chips.

A player that has won the career slam with a non-diverse game and limited athleticism almost solely because she can mentally beat almost anyone but Serena is respected by former players?

Shocking!

Oh, and yeah, the fans sure hate her.
Hiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:28 AM   #14
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

Why cant people just accept the fact that people like Maria, her game and her persona. She is a good ambassador for the sport. She doesn't threaten line judges.
NashaP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:30 AM   #15
country flag bobbynorwich

bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future bobbynorwich has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty-Dom View Post
I'm at a loss of words. Every single announcer on the Tennis Channel is praising Maria whether she plays well or not. It's like an episode of the Twilight Zone. .
Same thing with Serena, Mardy, Kim, Roger, Rafa, Caroline or other media darlings. Certain people capture the media's favor, that's all.
bobbynorwich is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote