To those who say WTA can't draw crowds… - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM   #1
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
To those who say WTA can't draw crowds…

Check out Armstrong for Stosur-Robson.

And for Na Li-Robson. And yes Laura is cool but she obviously isn't filling up these stadiums single-handedly as 80% of US Open fans have never heard of her. I know this thread is unnecessary but we've seen so many ranting about the opposite effect.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:42 PM   #2
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: To those who say WTA can't draw crowds…

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzávay View Post
Check out Armstrong for Stosur-Robson.

And for Na Li-Robson. And yes Laura is cool but she obviously isn't filling up these stadiums single-handedly as 80% of US Open fans have never heard of her. I know this thread is unnecessary but we've seen so many ranting about the opposite effect.
They have heard of her (they know she beat Clijsters and Li Na), and wanna see a good match and if she can "upset" defending Champion Sam Stosur.

Remember (unless I'm mistaken) 80% of Armstrong is accessible to folks with ground passes. So they went.

What else are they going to look at; Gasquet vs Johnson? Lol

Neither player would of drawn such a big crowd, if they weren't playing each other at this stage (meaning if Robson was another pedestrian player with her ranking).
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:05 PM   #3
country flag dangalak

dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice

Nobody said women CAN'T draw a crowd, they said WTA makes less revenue than ATP and it's true.

Not to mention, this is a joint event. How do you know they specifically paid the ticket to see Robson and Stosur?
dangalak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:10 PM   #4
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangalak View Post
Nobody said women CAN'T draw a crowd, they said WTA makes less revenue than ATP and it's true.

Not to mention, this is a joint event. How do you know they specifically paid the ticket to see Robson and Stosur?
You know this is a women's tennis forum

Did mtf ban you?
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:54 PM   #5
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

I think the US OPEN organizers made a huge mistake instead of putting Azarenka on Ashe this match Stosur and Robson should be on Ashe. Why would the organizers out Azarenka on Ashe when she's such an unpopular player?
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:57 PM   #6
country flag Travod

Travod is a splendid one to behold Travod is a splendid one to behold Travod is a splendid one to behold Travod is a splendid one to behold Travod is a splendid one to behold Travod is a splendid one to behold Travod is a splendid one to behold Travod is a splendid one to behold Travod is a splendid one to behold Travod is a splendid one to behold Travod is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswab22 View Post
You know this is a women's tennis forum

Did mtf ban you?
I have accounts on both websites and go on both daily
Travod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 11:31 PM   #7
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=dangalak;22135459]Nobody said women CAN'T draw a crowd, they said WTA makes less revenue than ATP and it's true.

Not to mention, this is a joint event. How do you know they specifically paid the ticket to see Robson and Stosur?[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows who they all paid to see but they did sit and watch it, they could have left if they didn't want to see them.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:01 AM   #8
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's the middle Sunday of the US Open. There are probably 50,000 people there, at least, watching tennis on a handful of courts. Unless they are all shopping or stuffing their faces at the restaurants, I guess they have to find something to do....

Or maybe they actually like to watch tennis.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote