Will Sam Stosur have the nerve to beat Laura Robson? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Sam have the nerve/win?

Yes 31 54.39%
No 9 15.79%
Unsure 17 29.82%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 11:59 AM   #1
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute
Will Sam Stosur have the nerve to beat Laura Robson?

Though she is the defending champion, our Sammy is just as famous for having as much spine as an invertebrate. Laura Robson has had two big wins in the previous rounds, has nothing to lose and will be playing without pressure. Sam on the other hand... How do you guys think events will unfold in this match and who will be the winner?

Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM   #2
country flag larsson

larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all
Re: Will Sam Stosur have the nerve to beat Laura Robson?

I think Laura's run will come to an end
larsson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:04 PM   #3
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Laura has generated her own pressure for herself by beating other slam champs so that now she is expected to win.

It will not happen. Sam is playing awesome, and I like her chances against even Serena at this point, let alone a teenager.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:18 PM   #4
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Unfortunately, Sam will win easily.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM   #5
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

It would be such a break through for Laura to take this, and it would quash the 'lucky run' naysayers. But I have a feeling Sam will pip her to the post. But I'll be ecstatic to be wrong!

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:53 PM   #6
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, and she'll do some more bad dancing afterwards

Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM   #7
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Sam is winning this, I can only assume that Laura is mentally and physically exhausted after such an amazing run... Plus Sam has been looking pretty good at this USO so far. Anyway, anybody saying that Laura's run is accidental and lucky is wrong IMO. She has steadily been improving over the years. She started from challenging JJ at Wimbledon 2010 (when Jelena was actually playing decently), Sharapova at Wimbledon 2011 and Olympics 2012 (she took them both to a tiebreak of one set in each of these matches), and she worked her way up to beating Kim Clijsters in two amazing, very close sets and Li Na by demonstrating tremendous mental stability. So, in my book, Laura is the leader of the new generation of WTA players, and the one to keep an eye on in the future

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM   #8
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Sam will most likely win...but then again we saw what happened against Errani at RG. Total collapse .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:06 PM   #9
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Laura has never faced such a serve in her life so yeah pretty much she's screwed.
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:20 PM   #10
country flag Slamniacki

Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all

Stosur is going down !
Slamniacki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:27 PM   #11
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Stosur has two weapons that Robson hasn't faced yet: huge forehand and that kick-serve. But Stosur herself hasn't faced THOSE same weapons yet either..

I think Stosur wins in two tight-sets, but Robson could well surprise us.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM   #12
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Stosur has two weapons that Robson hasn't faced yet: huge forehand and that kick-serve. But Stosur herself hasn't faced THOSE same weapons yet either..

I think Stosur wins in two tight-sets, but Robson could well surprise us.
And you think she's gonna face them now against Laura ?
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:39 PM   #13
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

If Laura was going to show signs of nerves, there's been plenty of opportunities for them to show in the last two games. Having a day off will have to help her too. I like Sam, but how can anyone be confident she'll hold it all together considering her track record?
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:47 PM   #14
country flag Chip.

Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future

It's Stosur. Who knows?
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:49 PM   #15
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
And you think she's gonna face them now against Laura ?
Well Robson's certainly got a good forehand, and her first serve can be brutally effective too, garnering her a first serve win percentage of over 80% against Na.

That said, I do find it hilarious that people are implying that Stosur is anything but the favourite to win here. I think Robson's losing, but I've been saying that since before she beat two seeded players in a row.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote