Big Ten - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #16
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
Last I heard, Frilling never played in this conference. She played in the Big East!
Yeah, then even less reason for Big 10 to be considered top 3

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #17
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Yeah, then even less reason for Big 10 to be considered top 3
Won't the Big Ten have something of a hometown advantage this year at the National Tournament. The host team is not likely to be present, and so the top teams from the Big 10, maybe the closest to having homefield advantage.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #18
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Won't the Big Ten have something of a hometown advantage this year at the National Tournament. The host team is not likely to be present, and so the top teams from the Big 10, maybe the closest to having homefield advantage.
Well yes, that's true I guess.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #19
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Indiana just beat Duke (albeit Duke had 3 players absent, Trice, Kahan, and Turewicz )!

Still, that's quite a win! Maybe Big10 IS the 3rd best conference, after Pac 12 and SEC

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #20
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

From NEB's website;

"Mary Weatherholt jumped to No. 10 in ITA singles with an undefeated record (14-0, 7-0 against ranked opponents) on the season, including matches against then-ranked No. 16 Ema Burgic of Baylor, No. 23 Brynn Boren of Tennessee, No. 58 Britney Sanders of Notre Dame, No. 41 Kelsey Dieters of Ohio State, No. 17 Petra Niedermayerova of Kansas State, No. 120 Melissa Kopinski of Illinois, and No. 55 Kate Turvy of Northwestern.

Mary Weatherholt and partner Patricia Veresova rose in the ITA doubles rankings to No. 7. The two are undefeated (10-0) on the season, including three victories against ranked opponents over then-ranked No. 12 Brynn Boren and Kata Szekely of Tennesse, No. 31 Petra Niedermayerova and Karla Bonacic from Kansas State, and No. 8 Linda Abu Mushrefova and Nida Hamilton of Northwestern.

Nebraska is currently 9-1 against teams ranked in the ITA top 75, with four of them falling outside the top 25. The Huskers have knocked off No. 7 Northwestern, No. 15 Baylor, No. 18 Notre Dame, No. 21 Vanderbilt, No. 23 Tennessee, No. 32 Kansas State, No. 37 Illinois, No. 55 Ohio State, and No. 64 Wyoming. Nebraska’s only loss came to No. 10 Miami at the ITA National Team Indoor Championships on Feb. 8.

The Huskers are the highest ranked team in the Big Ten. Nine teams from the Big Ten are in the top 75 this week, with a total of four in the top 25. The other ranked Big Ten teams are No. 9 Michigan, No. 10 Northwestern, No. 20 Purdue, No. 35 Penn State, No. 40 Ohio State, No. 49 Illinois, No. 58 Iowa, and No. 60 Indiana."

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 06:23 PM   #21
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Terrible scheduling by Nebraska, playing two tough teams outdoors in California is going to cost them a chance to host NCAAs
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:09 PM   #22
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I'm just thankful that they came to So. Cal so I could watch them play again (They played LBS last year or something)

Did they ever win a Big 10 championship? Last year Purdue won, so I think it's time for them to win this year

Sun, Mar 31 Penn State * - - at State College, Pa. 11:00 a.m.
Fri, Apr 05 Purdue * - - Vine Street Courts (weather permitting) 3:00 p.m.
Sun, Apr 07 Indiana * - - Vine Street Courts (weather permitting) 11:00 a.m.
Sat, Apr 13 Michigan * - - at Ann Arbor, Mich. 11:00 a.m.
Sun, Apr 14 Michigan State * - - at East Lansing, Mich. 12:00 p.m.
Fri, Apr 19 Minnesota * - - at Minneapolis, Minn. 2:00 p.m.
Sun, Apr 21 Wisconsin * - - Vine Street Courts (weather permitting) 11:00 a.m.
Thu, Apr 25 -
Sun, Apr 28 Big Ten Championships - - at Bloomington, Ind. TBA

Their remaining schedule; wish them all the luck.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 04:20 AM   #23
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

3/21/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #83 Malika Rose #35 Oklahoma State University Loss 6-4, 4-6, 7-5
3/17/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Stephanie Hoffpauir #45 University of San Diego Win 6-3, 6-1
3/10/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #64 Kate Turvy #11 Northwestern University Win 6-2, 6-0
3/8/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #109 Melissa Kopinski #47 University of Illinois Win 3-6, 6-4, 6-2
3/5/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #75 Ruth Seaborne #74 University of Iowa Win 7-5, 5-7, 1-0 (5)
3/2/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #15 Petra Niedermayerova #48 Kansas State Win 4-6, 6-3, 6-2
2/24/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Veronica Popovici Univ. of Wyoming Win 6-2, 6-2
2/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Veronique Luksich Univ. of Arkansas, Little Rock Win 6-1, 6-0
2/10/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #12 Ema Burgic #29 Baylor University Win 6-1, 7-5
2/9/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #46 Lauren Mira #16 Vanderbilt University Win 6-1, 6-4
2/8/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Monique Albuquerque #10 University of Miami (Florida) Win 6-2, 7-6(5)
2/2/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #53 Kelsey Dieters #53 Ohio State University Win 6-4, 6-3
1/27/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #49 Britney Sanders #17 University of Notre Dame Win 6-3, 6-4
1/26/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #20 Brynn Boren #28 University of Tennessee Win 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
1/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Jennifer Hartjes Creighton University Win 6-1, 6-1
1/12/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 Klara Supejova Eastern Michigan University Win 6-2,6-1

Malika stopped Mary's winning streak

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:49 AM   #24
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
3/21/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #83 Malika Rose #35 Oklahoma State University Loss 6-4, 4-6, 7-5
3/17/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Stephanie Hoffpauir #45 University of San Diego Win 6-3, 6-1
3/10/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #64 Kate Turvy #11 Northwestern University Win 6-2, 6-0
3/8/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #109 Melissa Kopinski #47 University of Illinois Win 3-6, 6-4, 6-2
3/5/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #75 Ruth Seaborne #74 University of Iowa Win 7-5, 5-7, 1-0 (5)
3/2/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #15 Petra Niedermayerova #48 Kansas State Win 4-6, 6-3, 6-2
2/24/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Veronica Popovici Univ. of Wyoming Win 6-2, 6-2
2/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Veronique Luksich Univ. of Arkansas, Little Rock Win 6-1, 6-0
2/10/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #12 Ema Burgic #29 Baylor University Win 6-1, 7-5
2/9/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #46 Lauren Mira #16 Vanderbilt University Win 6-1, 6-4
2/8/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Monique Albuquerque #10 University of Miami (Florida) Win 6-2, 7-6(5)
2/2/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #53 Kelsey Dieters #53 Ohio State University Win 6-4, 6-3
1/27/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #49 Britney Sanders #17 University of Notre Dame Win 6-3, 6-4
1/26/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #20 Brynn Boren #28 University of Tennessee Win 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
1/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Jennifer Hartjes Creighton University Win 6-1, 6-1
1/12/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 Klara Supejova Eastern Michigan University Win 6-2,6-1

Malika stopped Mary's winning streak
Yeah she did!

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #25
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Northwestern v Michigan just started. Live stats at the usual link, http://www.nusports.com/sports/w-ten...livestats.html
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #26
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

I haven't been following Northwestern tennis much, but what happened that Corning is playing No. 1. I see she has been playing in the last couple of matches but neither Turvy or Niu has been stinking up the court a la UCLA's Montez.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #27
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Sorry but why is Veronica playing #1?

And Brooke at #4?

Wowchuk at #6?

As I said, stacking is the norm, not the exception

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:48 PM   #28
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Congrats to Michigan for winning their 4th straight Big Ten title today!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #29
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Big Ten Tournament: First Day Results

Iowa 4 Ohio State 2
Illinois 4 Michigan State 1
Minnesota 4 Penn State 1
Indiana 4 Wisconsin 0

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/w-t...entral-13.html
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 07:42 AM   #30
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Northwestern Powers Past Purdue, 4-3

NU is, for no very good reason, the team I follow, but I'd rather these stories were less one-eyed. Unless perhaps "powers" has a different meaning on the left side of the pond.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote