WWW US Open 4R: [12] Ivanovic vs. Pironkova - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win?

[12] Ivanovic 45 60.00%
Pironkova 30 40.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM   #31
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW US Open 4R: [12] Ivanovic vs. Pironkova

Btw Ana beat yesterday Sloane Stephens WTA#44, and since 2010 that is Ana's 14th win against WTA TOP44 girls on this outdoors fast HC surface (where belong all tournaments USO series, Beijing and Tokyo). I count only events since 2010 because its unfair to count for Ivanovic wins during hers better era when she is for example one year overall winner of USO series, and also when achieve on this surface even couple titles like Montreal and Los Angeles.

On other hand Pironkova since 1987 (when she is born) never beat at all this events with this-like surface any WTA TOP44 opponent!
Sloane Stepens is just 19yo but she already beat in last two weeks two such opponents, and even last season when she is out of TOP100 she beat on this surface 3 TOP44 opponents, so I'm pretty sure that Ana already survive yesterday hers biggest challenge before QF showdown vs Serena.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:41 PM   #32
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Im actually really looking forward to this match and think it should be fascinating!

I'm routing for Ana, I really want to see her build her career again.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:46 PM   #33
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't think Ana played that well against Stephens but i hope she'll win this one. She's definitely favorite to do so.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:56 PM   #34
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I think Ana will get her act together after yesterday's hard win against Stephens... Anyway, with Pironkova playing those slices, Ana should have enough time to run around the ball and play her beloved forehand, but then again, balls with low bounces could pose a slight problem to her. Anyway, I just don't see Pironkova winning this one So, my pick: Ivanovic in two well-fought sets

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:40 PM   #35
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Grassonkova to take out the trash.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:48 PM   #36
country flag Adrian1092

Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of

Ana will tank this match just so she doesn't get a beatdown by Serena
Andrea Petkovic Mona Barthel

"A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire".
Adrian1092 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:09 PM   #37
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

How the hell Pironkova won 3 matches outside grass???? This girl cant win outside grass.

Anyway, hopefully her junk wont give Ivanovic any trouble, but I can see this match getting ugly, is all up to Ana really.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:17 PM   #38
country flag Geo33

Geo33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ana didnt win that match as Sloane lost it and Pironkova is looking stronger and I expect her to win...that said, is she a QF player ??? NO WAY. Go Tvetsi
Geo33 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:26 PM   #39
country flag keithb1961

keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold

I hope that Tsveti wins, but even if she doesnt, she is still the hottest girl on tour

keithb1961 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:25 PM   #40
country flag hingisGOAT

hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I kind of like Pironkova's personality and playing style.

I hope she wins, mostly because Ana will just bend over for her opponent in the QFs. At least Pironkova will put up a fight...
In tennis history, no top player has suffered more beat-downs in big matches than Vulturepova T1 R16 2-6 1-6 AM | T1 SF0-6 0-6 LD | T1 F 3-6 1-6 MH | AO F 1-6 2-6 SW | T1 R16 1-6 1-6 SW | RG SF 1-6 1-6 AI | Wimbledon SF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 QF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 F 4-6 1-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | T1 F 1-6 4-6 VA | T1 SF 1-6 2-6 Woz | AO F 3-6 0-6 VA | T1 F 2-6 3-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | Olympics F 0-6 1-6 SW | T1 F 3-6 1-6 VA
hingisGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 06:22 PM   #41
country flag Israel

Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future

It's unbelievable that one of them will be in a grand slam QF in 2012. I mean Pironkova didn't even win that much in Wimbledon this year and Ivanovic ate 2 bagels on one the USO series hardcourt.
Anyways I'm rooting for Ana and she'll probably win because she has the bigger game.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 06:57 PM   #42
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Ajde

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:36 PM   #43
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

This match is on the Center Court ))
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:44 PM   #44
country flag tennisfan146

tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold

I think Ana will win. Having said that Pironkova is a tricky opponent, who could cause her some serious troulble, when playing well.
tennisfan146 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:51 PM   #45
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Ana proves me wrong, but it's most likely the end of the road for her.
The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread