Goodbye Kim - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #1
country flag PowerWilliams

PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all
Goodbye Kim

On June 8th, 1983, a miracle happened. Aussie Kim was born.

Kim, I was not even 1 year old when you turned pro, but the minute I knew tennis, I knew you. You are easily amongst the 10 best US Open players ever. What you managed to do, have an incredible career, twice, not many players could have done it once. You were such a fighter, and you went too fast, two times. No matter what the injury was, we always knew you'd come back better, stronger, for us, your fans.

The highlight of your first career.

Such a star, we could feel your passion for tennis. The first time you retired, we knew you couldn't resist to stay away from the game for too long. Justine motivated you, and you motivated her. It was all reminescent of the Williams, or even the Navratilova-Evert rivalry. You put the joice in the hearts of thousands of fans when you announced your comeback in 2009. And when you won the title it was just an incredible dream coming true.

The motherly love with your history-marking trophy for a wonderful comeback.

It was heartbreaking to see you lose to Robson today. Once again, you put up such a fight, and you managed to amaze us, and keep us on the edge of your seat, showed us that it's not over until the chair umpire says GSM. Even Laura didn't know what to do because she was aware of the great person she managed to beat today.

3rd's a charm, and you're everytime more charming.

And still, you were so humble, proof that you are really a gentle and genuine person. And your daughter, Jada, will really be proud to have such an amazing role model to follow all her life. She'll be proud to say "I am the daughter of Kim Clijsters".

Aussie Kim! Way to make your fans down under proud!

And if, one day, you feel like you wanna come back, we won't treat you like somebody who can't make decisions for herself. We'll treat you like the hero you really are. You lifted crowds like no other. You made us love a player like nobody else did.

Your biggest strength is definitely your personality. A sunshine in the dark.

Kim, you were more than a tennis player, more than a singles US Open winner, more than a singles or doubles #1, you were a true champion. Too many times you ended up being the second, but in our hearts you will always be the first.

Kim, I wish you good luck for your future!
PowerWilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 06:31 AM   #2
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Goodbye Kim

That was so beautiful. Kim Tennis won't be the same anymore.

This is pretty rough on me today, Kim is the only player whose career I have followed from start (1999 Wimbledon) till finish. Even when she retired in 2007, I knew in the back of my head she would be back. But now? Ugh. Devastated, really. End of an era?