Princess Laura becomes Queen of British Tennis - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 05:32 PM   #91
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Princess Laura becomes Queen of British Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija View Post
I was just pointing out that win over Clijsters at this stage means nothing. Even less. It can be a boost to her confidence, but I doubt it.
Looks like it didnt help the scrub
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 05:43 PM   #92
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material World View Post
If she plays like that against Na she can win at least a set if not the pot. Na is fragile at the best of times - a very overrated player in my view
QED

Queen Laura is here to stay....

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Puig ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Bouchard ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:16 PM   #93
country flag Spice

Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold

Yes she is the real deal!
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:17 PM   #94
country flag Spice

Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold
Laura becomes the real deal!

What shocking umpiring from Louise Engzell! Laura was robbed there twice! But she has shown she COULD be top ten in a year or two!

BUT she is prone to injuries
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:22 PM   #95
country flag ToopsTame

ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future
Re: Laura becomes the real deal!

You guys need to relax. Don't raise your expectations sky high based on a few good tournaments. We've all seen this happen before and not go anywhere. She still has serious limitations in her game.
ToopsTame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:23 PM   #96
country flag Israel

Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future

First of all it's very nice that she has this run. But then there were many players in the past that were considered to be great promises and then failed badly AHHRMMM SHAHAR.
I'm just really thrilled to see her playing at the moment.
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:26 PM   #97
country flag Spice

Dont you think it is nice to have a TEENAGER doing something and also someone who goes for her shots and just dosen't sit back and make the tennis boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:27 PM   #98
country flag Spice

I did emphasis the words COULD and that Laura is prone to injuries
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:28 PM   #99
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToopsTame View Post
You guys need to relax. Don't raise your expectations sky high based on a few good tournaments. We've all seen this happen before and not go anywhere. She still has serious limitations in her game.
It's actually one good tournament

I have to be honest, I'm impressed with the way Laura played against Clijsters and Li. A lot of more experienced and mentally tougher players would crumble under the pressure, but she didn't. She just kept bashing that ball and in the end she won both matches.

But yeah, it way to early to say that she is the real deal. Just remember how much real deal Rezai was...a lot of people have praised Larcher de Britto (or whatever is her last name) and where is she now? There a lot of real deals that ended up nowhere. Just take a minute, breathe, let her play few more tournaments. Who knows, maybe she isn't done with winning in New York, maybe she will have the same path like Kerber this year...or maybe she will pull out a Rezai

Nevertheless, when it comes to USO She's done great job.
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:32 PM   #100
country flag Spice

She has been building on this for ages, won matches at Nottingham, Eastbourne, Olympics and Palermo. I think also the fact that she had starting beating the beater players has helped. Vinci, Safarova and then Kim and Li. She has pushed so many of them this year Jankovic in Copenhagen, Maria Olympics, Schiavone Wimbledon.
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:32 PM   #101
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute

Melanie Oudin.
Bismarck. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:35 PM   #102
country flag ACEof DIAMONDS

ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Матвей. View Post
Melanie Oudin.
Oudin won matches playing defensive tennis and all of her opponents committed an insane amount of errors.

Robson has a big serve and plays aggressive tennis for the most part. She goes after her shots.

Not even close to being a valid comparison.
ACEof DIAMONDS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:36 PM   #103
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEof DIAMONDS View Post
Oudin won matches playing defensive tennis and all of her opponents committed an insane amount of errors.

Robson has a big serve and plays aggressive tennis for the most part. She goes after her shots.

Not even close to being a valid comparison.
So in that case Wozniacki was never a real deal?
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:38 PM   #104
country flag Spice

Wozniacki has had a great career, world number one. But Laura is not a pusher like Oudin and Wozniacki respectively. Laura is a shot maker.
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:42 PM   #105
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

She could be Britain's Melanie Oudin
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote