Princess Laura becomes Queen of British Tennis - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #76
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Princess Laura becomes Queen of British Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by *hingis_forever* View Post
To be fair though, Robson is the youngest player in the top 100, so even before this tournament started, people knew she had potential. I'm not saying that beating Clijsters in her farewell tournament means she's going to suddenly start winning titles left and right, but I'm confident that she's well on her way to the top 50 and even top 30. After that I have no clue.
I was just pointing out that win over Clijsters at this stage means nothing. Even less. It can be a boost to her confidence, but I doubt it.

Twitter

Instagram
Tenis Srbija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #77
country flag Spice

Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold

If I had beaten Clijsters I would be thinking BIG. As Sam Smith said Laura knows how good she is and that if she continues working hard, it will pay off in a couple of years time!
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #78
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija View Post
I was just pointing out that win over Clijsters at this stage means nothing. Even less. It can be a boost to her confidence, but I doubt it.
She beats a player who has won four GS's (3 at the US Open) and was unbeaten for nine years there on her best surface? You REALLY, REALLY think that won't boost her confidence?

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #79
country flag Spice

Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold

I totally agree, I bet Li Na is pleased she does not have to play Kim. She choked the last time
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #80
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsi View Post
She beats a player who has won four GS's (3 at the US Open) and was unbeaten for nine years there on her best surface? You REALLY, REALLY think that won't boost her confidence?
So, if Martina Navratilova is to comeback now, every scrub who would beat her would be over the moon?
I just don't think of her as a player who is going to profit out of a win like that I could be wrong. Nevertheless, we shall see tomorrow...

Twitter

Instagram
Tenis Srbija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #81
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, if Martina Navratilova is to comeback now, every scrub who would beat her would be over the moon?
I just don't think of her as a player who is going to profit out of a win like that I could be wrong. Nevertheless, we shall see tomorrow...
Congratulations! That's the dumbest thing anyone has ever said on TF

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #82
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Kim has been semi-retired for a while but still that is a big win for Laura. Her best win ever. Look at some photos from after her win to see how much it mean't to HER.

Tomorrow's match doesn't have any bearing on this result. It's a tough match...the odds aren't in her favour. Even if she loses, she still has had her best result in a GS and her best win. As long as she keeps the momentum from this run going in Asia then that is good enough and try and get her ranking as high as possible for 2013.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #83
country flag ranfurly

ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsi View Post
exactly,

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out.
ranfurly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #84
country flag Spice

I wish Laura was playing Malek today, stephens is struggling against her.
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #85
country flag Spice

Laura has beaten Kerber, Vinci, Safarova and Clijsters. Should of beaten Schiavone at Wimby. I can't help but think practising with Maria helped her. Maria is so classy
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #86
country flag PhilePhile

PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice View Post
Laura has beaten Kerber, Vinci, Safarova and Clijsters. Should of beaten Schiavone at Wimby. I can't help but think practising with Maria helped her. Maria is so classy
No.
PhilePhile is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #87
country flag akosijepoy

akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of

Whatever happened to Watson-Robson doubles partnership. I know there was controversy when Murray chose Laura for Mixed Doubles
akosijepoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #88
country flag Spice

Heather is playing with Erakovic they have won 2 events in the Summer, Stanford and Dallas
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #89
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosijepoy View Post
Whatever happened to Watson-Robson doubles partnership. I know there was controversy when Murray chose Laura for Mixed Doubles
Watson's having more success in doubles with Erakovic. Seeing as she's won two doubles titles this year with her, one of which was in Dallas a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have broken up that partnership either.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #90
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Much as I like Heather, she lacks weapons at the moment, whilst Laura has weapons in spades. What really looked to have improved yesterday was the movement. If she plays like that against Na she can win at least a set if not the pot. Na is fragile at the best of times - a very overrated player in my view

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote