Petra Quotes - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #1
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute
Petra Quotes

I thought it might be amusing to compile our favorite Kvitty utterances.

This one from the post-match interview after beating Errani got me chuckling. Classic understated, euphemistic Petra:

"I mean, about the return, I always step in the court and try to attack from the return because Sara didn't have like the fastest speed on the tour.* I tried to attack from the return and be the first player who will have the offensive and have the winners because otherwise if I just push to the back, I think that I will be moving a lot, and who knows how it will be in the end."

That's Kvitty's philosophy of tennis in a nutshell. Get the sense she likes to be in charge of her own destiny?
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #2
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
I thought it might be amusing to compile our favorite Kvitty utterances.

This one from the post-match interview after beating Errani got me chuckling. Classic understated, euphemistic Petra:

"I mean, about the return, I always step in the court and try to attack from the return because Sara didn't have like the fastest speed on the tour.* I tried to attack from the return and be the first player who will have the offensive and have the winners because otherwise if I just push to the back, I think that I will be moving a lot, and who knows how it will be in the end."

That's Kvitty's philosophy of tennis in a nutshell. Get the sense she likes to be in charge of her own destiny?
This is a worthwhile thread,IMO,Mac;even though Petra is far less inclined than other gals to make outrageous statements,she'll still offer her share of verbal gems to keep this thread going

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #3
country flag legolas1

legolas1 is just really nice legolas1 is just really nice legolas1 is just really nice legolas1 is just really nice legolas1 is just really nice legolas1 is just really nice legolas1 is just really nice legolas1 is just really nice legolas1 is just really nice legolas1 is just really nice legolas1 is just really nice

good idea to start this thread

I think Mother Chihuahua prefers to let her tennis do the talking and off-court
is a true diplomat, which may be boring but makes her very likable at the same
time.

Not like Sugapova and her "isn't she back in Poland" / "no one important enough
hasn't told me..." kinda remarks. Repeat of Wimbledon final can't come soon enough,
someone (other than S. Williams) needs to shut her up already before we all
go deaf.
I guess we'll have another sisters final.
Better get used to it
All-Radwanska final
Is does not flow off your lips like All-Williams final, but it is just a matter of time before we get used to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
There are no good draws for Ana. If it has two arms, two legs and a racquet it is a threat to Ana.
legolas1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #4
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

I liked this one in the TV studio after the Fed Cup final match vs. Jankovic.
The commentators were giving Petra hell (in a tongue-in-cheek way, because otherwise she played amazing) for a botched forehand volley and she said, smiling:

"I misjudged the steps."
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #5
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas1 View Post
good idea to start this thread

I think Mother Chihuahua prefers to let her tennis do the talking and off-court
is a true diplomat, which may be boring but makes her very likable at the same
time.

Not like Sugapova and her "isn't she back in Poland" / "no one important enough
hasn't told me..." kinda remarks. Repeat of Wimbledon final can't come soon enough,
someone (other than S. Williams) needs to shut her up already before we all
go deaf.
Just out of curiosity,where did 'Mother Chihuahua' come from as a nickname for Petra??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #6
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

"It was boring for me to play rallies"

that's probably one of my favorite Petra quotes ever
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:34 PM   #7
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Petra was on a tear in the interviews during her run to the Dubai title. Most of her best lines were unintentionally shade-throwing, and mostly about defensive players, especially Caroline Wozniacki.

"We are different players. She tries to put the balls back, and I'm the person who is playing aggressively and going for the winners. So what happens in the match really depends on if I'm missing a lot or no."

Also the threat in the interview after the match against Aga, and before Caro: "I am a player who is going for the winners, so I have to accept the unforced errors, too,'' she said. ''I shoot bullets on the court next time.''

And finally, in the on-court interview after the Radwanska match, Petra tried to praise Caro, but inadvertently chose a verb laden with more truth than she knew: "It's tough because, I mean, she hits every ball and pushes it back to me."
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:46 PM   #8
country flag mac47

Petra's wry sense of humor sometimes skirts close to uncomfortable truths. In the on-court interview after the Dubai final:

Interviewer: "Petra, you never won a match here (in Dubai) previously. What has clicked for you this year?"
Petra: "I was without my coach, maybe that is why."
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #9
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
"It was boring for me to play rallies"
that's probably one of my favorite Petra quotes ever
My favourite, too!

To mac47:
Great idea to start this thread!
I think that although Petra doesn't look like a telling person, she's actually very smart and it starts getting out. And as many others here, I'm also enjoying her maybe unintentional shade-throwing statements and interviews more and more!
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 02:01 AM   #10
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I think that although Petra doesn't look like a telling person, she's actually very smart and it starts getting out.
Of course she is, I once read in an article that when Kotyza became her coach, she wrote like 5 pages of things she was good at and things she wanted to work on, etc., and he was surprised by how much she thinks about her tennis.
petra
•••••
maria
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #11
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Petra's wry sense of humor sometimes skirts close to uncomfortable truths. In the on-court interview after the Dubai final:

Interviewer: "Petra, you never won a match here (in Dubai) previously. What has clicked for you this year?"
Petra: "I was without my coach, maybe that is why."
Petra and Na, two of my faves, both so funny.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 03:21 AM   #12
country flag netphobia

Quote:
Q: Do you think Wimbledon is your best chance for a Slam this year?
Quote:
petra
•••••
maria
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:38 AM   #13
country flag mac47

"Asked if it had been an up-and-down match, Kvitova commented: “Oh, yeah, I mean, that’s women’s tennis.”"

Um, speak for yourself, Petra.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:54 AM   #14
country flag mac47

From this article:

Quote:
The 22-year-old Czech’s challenge for the crown looked in danger of derailing drastically at one set – and game – all in the crunch decider, with her revitalised Italian opponent holding three break points at Love-40.

She managed to stave off one of them courtesy of a missed return from Errani and then a spectator intervened to spur on Kvitova, who won the next five games in a row from there to seal a 6-2, 1-6, 6-1 success. “I was Love-40 and she missed the return,” she said. “I was Love-40 and she missed the return. I was going for the balls then and someone from the crowd just said: ‘Two aces.’ I said: ‘Okay. That’s not bad!’