Conscious - Purposeful Trolling of a Fanbase... is it allowed? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #1
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute
Conscious - Purposeful Trolling of a Fanbase... is it allowed?

...Is it legal on these boards?

I've looked through the T&Cs, and other rules and didn't find anything that explicitly said Purposefully Trolling a fanbase was illegal. Is it, or did I miss something?

...Mods - anyone?

Last edited by DOUBLEFIST : Aug 24th, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
DOUBLEFIST is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #2
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Conscious, Purposeful Trolling of a Fanbase...

Depends on the fan base, it's tolerated when it comes to some players.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #3
country flag fifty-fifty

fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
...Is it legal on these boards?

I've looked through the T&Cs, and other rules and didn't find anything that explicitly said Purposefully Trolling a fanbase was illegal. Is it, or did I miss something?
Why? Are you considering trolling some fanbase here?
fifty-fifty is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #4
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty-fifty View Post
Why? Are you considering trolling some fanbase here?
No.

For now, call it curiosity.

And mind you (and all) that I'm not talking about severe criticizing of a player. I'm talking about PURPOSEFULLY, admittedly setting out to bait the FANBASE of a particular player.

Mods, please respond to this.
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #5
country flag Rolling-Thunder

Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future
Re: Conscious - Purposeful Trolling of a Fanbase... is it allowed?

Doublefist how old are you?

We could always send the offender to stand in the corner with a dunce's cap on. Or I am sure there are even more ingenious or crafty things that can be concocted for the unrepentant meanie.

Really everyone gives as good as he/she takes. Its part of the fun and games. Sure sometimes there are snarky and annoying comments. But heck, that's very subjective.

I am all for freedom of speech. If you do not like what someone has said either ignore the comment or retort. We don't need some censor or censorship. People get too sensitive and uptight.

Loosen your draws or panties and take a deep breath.

Last edited by Rolling-Thunder : Aug 24th, 2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: typos
Rolling-Thunder is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #6
country flag DOUBLEFIST

Still waiting. Anyone know the answer. ...is it okay to do so?
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #7
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Depends on the fan base, it's tolerated when it comes to some players.
Back in the days when I was a mod (so long ago now), these were the ridiculous conspiracy theories that I saw in every fucking thread report.

All fanbases need to stop being so paranoid, the mods are not biased at all from my experience.

The accusation they were protecting Henin's image was always hilarious.
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #8
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

I've done it before and haven't been reprimanded. So, whatever.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #9
country flag Rolling-Thunder

Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
Still waiting. Anyone know the answer. ...is it okay to do so?
Commence to trolling amigo. You have permission. May the best troll with the wittiest and snazziest lines triumph.

Trolls of the world, unite!
You have nothing to lose, but your membership and maybe pissing off a few folks here.
Rolling-Thunder is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #10
country flag DOUBLEFIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling-Thunder View Post
Doublefist how old are you?

We could always send the offender to stand in the corner with a dunce's cap on. Or I am sure there are even more ingenious or crafty things that can be concocted for the unrepentant meanie.

Really everyone gives as good as he/she takes. Its part of the fun and games. Sure sometimes there are snarky and annoying comments. But heck, that's very subjective.

I am all for freedom of speech. If you do not like what someone has said either ignore the comment or retort. We don't need some censor or censorship. People get too sensitive and uptight.

Loosen your draws or panties and take a deep breath.
How old are you - clearly not old enough to keep from jumping to conclusions.

I've asked a question, nothing more - a question, I might add, should be innocuous enough to warrant an Official answer from someone, sensible, with some knowledge, which would seem to exclude you.
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #11
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute

I just find it curious that a term like "Willy-tards" isn't considered trolling when we weren't even allowed to call Capriati, "Miss Manners" back in the day.
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #12
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

As long as it doesn't get reported, anything goes
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #13
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, it's weirdly moderated.

I got an infraction (that will never expire) for trolling ~* baby Anci *~ fanbase while I was merely retranscripting one of the many Tatiana Golovin quotes from Roland Garros Guess I hurt a few Anci fans.
debby is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #14
country flag DOUBLEFIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifan View Post
I just find it curious that a term like "Willy-tards" isn't considered trolling when we weren't even allowed to call Capriati, "Miss Manners" back in the day.
Well, see, that's the thing. Maybe it IS considered trolling, but trolling of that nature is allowed. I'm seriously not passing a judgement on it either way, I just honestly don't know.

...but I would like to know very much.

...Mods, Admins, Webmaster? If I just got an answer I'd be glad to never post in this thread again and/or delete it and/or request it be closed. I just would like to know.
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #15
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute

Can this thread be moved from General Messages to the Bugs/Whatever forum? Thanks.